Search results

1. hirailer

Welcome to the new Forum Software!

Software looks really nice. Thanks Bob.
  2. hirailer

My $25 Atlas

Like Chet, I too run a fleet of old Atlas/Roco locos still with original motors. They have been highly detailed and look as good in my opinion as the new ones. I am using a Railpro system which makes these locos run even better. A few months ago I purchased a GP40 Atlas loco off of ebay for...
  3. hirailer

The "Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette" Magazine.

i have been buying Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette for years, mostly from my LHS. After that source went out of business, I have had a regular subscription from them ever since. Great magazine, I look forward to every issue. This magazine has not lost any quality over the years, still as...
  4. hirailer

What is up with Ebay?

I have noticed that there seems to be a marked reduction in Ebay buyers. I suspect they are like me, only buying items that are hard to get, such as vintage locomotives etc.. I live in Canada too and I find the Global Shipping program an out and out scam. Other than postage, it does not cost...
  5. hirailer

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

Good afternoon, ERIC- Good to hear from you, pray this treatment is working, you are going to beat this thing. SHERREL- Not a happy trip, hope the trip goes well, I had to do the same thing a few years ago, I still feel the loss. As far as DCC is concerned, I'm glad I never ventured into that...
  6. hirailer

Walter Kronkite was a household name in Canada those years, he was well respected in a lot of Countries. The best of the best. ERIC- it looks like when something gets popular the manufacturer doubles the price. That really sucks. Now only if used CB radios would get get popular again.........:D...
  7. hirailer

ERIC- We have a Toshiba DVR630KC DVD Video recorder/ Video cassette recorder and player. We can play all our DVD's or VHS on this machine plus we pre record movies and stuff on our PVR and and load them onto this recorder and make DVD's from it. We have hundreds of hours on this machine and...
  8. hirailer

Good morning, MOH and I are off to the eye surgeon to get her eyes polished, that's right, polished. Several months after cataract surgery patients go back to get this done with a laser. Amazing what they can do! GARRY- nice pics as always. Well we're off, see ya later. Mel
  9. hirailer

Living next to the CN mainline in southern BC, it's always great for train watching, CP also uses this track inbound to Vancouver, usually AC4400's or ES44AC's, not nearly as interesting as CN, you never know what is coming next. These came through the other day. Old BCR C40-8Mu (Dash-8)
  10. hirailer

Good afternoon everybody, Been away for a couple of days visiting relatives out of Province. I bought an Atlas/Roco GP-38 off of fleabay a couple of days ago for $26.00. One part of the ad says it is "new in box" and another part says it is used. I suspect it is the latter. Not "too used" I...
  11. hirailer

Good afternoon everybody, Been very busy doing stuff around the house plus doctors appointments for the last couple of days. Sure would be nice to retire from being retired so a guy could get a little rest! CORY- Good to hear from you, your story is a lot like mine years ago. Behind every dark...
  12. hirailer

Good evening, Many thanks to everybody for all the nice comments about my bridge. Very much appreciated. Karl- Nice brass, sure would be a shame to paint it. Eric- That is really good news, hang in there, you are going to beat this. Playing with my RailPro system today. I received a CI-1 USB...
  13. hirailer

Good afternoon coffee lovers, Finally finished the big trestle, was great fun to build. Next is a CNR depot kit. Have a great day everybody! Mel
  14. hirailer

Mine is called a "hang over" A lot of me hangs over when I sit on a stool.:D Mel
  15. hirailer

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVII

Good afternoon everybody, Been away for a couple of days, sure been busy in the coffee shop. Sorry if I missed commenting on all the great pics and videos. CURT- Sorry to hear of your daughter's vehicle accident. For heavens sake don't let her sign anything, whiplash is a nasty thing and takes...
  16. hirailer

I know it is not train related but this image I took yesterday a couple of blocks from my house I thought was kind of nice. I took it with my Samsung S7 cell phone. I did not have my good camera with me. I call it "serenity" Mel
  17. hirailer

Good morning, it's 48 degrees in the Fraser Valley at 1030AM under beautiful clear skies. Our old cottonwood trees are starting to turn and create a wonderful showcase of colour. (Canadian for color). Regarding the recent train/pedestrian death, out of the last three, the first one was a very...
  18. hirailer

Good afternoon everybody, Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. We had our turkey yesterday because we are going out for most of the day today. GARY P.- Your elevator project looks very good. I like your weathering on this building. Having been raised on a grain farm on the Canadian...
  19. hirailer

Last 2 photos Have great day everybody Mel
  20. hirailer

SHERREL- All the best for tomorrow, we are thinking about you. you are tough, you will get through this just fine. As a follow up to the prototype ballasted bridge. here is the model. It still lacks the front and rear x bracing. My supplier phoned today and my 3x10's are being shipped today.

Back