Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVII

** This just in **

I just spoke with Curt, he's willing to let Stephanie stay at his house during the storm - God bless him!!:eek::cool:

Ken - That's good news. The storm looks like it could increase in intensity from what is being reported. I have a lot of friends in south Florida and they are getting out of the area also. Curt - You're tha man.

** This just in **

I just spoke with Curt, he's willing to let Stephanie stay at his house during the storm - God bless him!!:eek::cool:

Curt ..... ( I selected thumbs up icon. Where is it?)... :eek:

Ken .... Glad your daughter has a place to go. I hope she likes Curt's skunks. :p

It's getting on towards noon out here so I'll just say Good Day Every One! I have been absent a couple days and will probably be absent some more, but I just wanted to make a few quick comments. Temps are headed back up out here - 89 today and 92 for the several days after.

KEN Sorry bout your Uncle and hope you get all the other irritations taken care of without too much expense. Sure glad you found a place for your daughter to hang during the storm. I think she should take a pet back to the dorm with her - lol.

MEL Great photos, nice build, and looking forward to more.

ERIC You may not lose your hair. I did not and my Sister in law had both radiation and chemo and did not lose hers.
Anyway, considering what you have been thru - You still look pretty good. Put your f**king fears aside and just do what they ask you to do!

WILLIE - Jim Walthers could take some lessons from you! Those buildings that you been working on are going to look very nice on the layout.

CURT - PHIL- Guess that you guys are far enough away to be safe - hope you don't have any water damage - looks on the tube like it is a bad one.

EVERYONE - Thank you all so very much for your comments about my daughter. I still am having a little trouble with it all. It almost seems like I am in a bad dream and can't wake up. Just something that one really does not expect.

JUSTIN - like the 1:1 photos - good color!

Myself -- I got additional headaches to ponder. Just getting fed up enough that I feel like sticking my head in the sand, but too many are depending on me, so guess I will trundle on through. The fun starts tomorrow. How many times can a person have a 95% success before he falls into that other 5%? I've been thru 2 with 3 more to go now.

See ya'll later - --

H-10-44-273-at-Tulsa-Oklahoma-in-April-1968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherrel, the same number of times you can flip a coin. You have a 50/50 chance every time.

SHERREL- All the best for tomorrow, we are thinking about you. you are tough, you will get through this just fine.

As a follow up to the prototype ballasted bridge. here is the model. It still lacks the front and rear x bracing. My supplier phoned today and my 3x10's are being shipped today.

IMG_1874-1.jpg

IMG_1877-1.jpg

IMG_1878-1.jpg

IMG_1881-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ERIC You may not lose your hair. I did not and my Sister in law had both radiation and chemo and did not lose hers.
Anyway, considering what you have been thru - You still look pretty good. Put your f**king fears aside and just do what they ask you to do!

Not to worry Capt. Weems. I'm doing everything they tell me to do and how to do it without complaint.
Did you or your sister have a port installed?
Did it itch like hell?
E

Not to worry Capt. Weems. I'm doing everything they tell me to do and how to do it without complaint.
Did you or your sister have a port installed?
Did it itch like hell?
E

ERIC -- My wife said that Melanie had a port and it did bother her at times - not all the time. And she had a rash around it! I did not - mine was all tablets for the chemo.

ERIC -- My wife said that Melanie had a port and it did bother her at times - not all the time. And she had a rash around it! I did not - mine was all tablets for the chemo.

I'm not able to swallow much of anything in size at all so it's all liquids or injectables for me. I can take a tiny Benadryl tablet for the port itching and that seems to be ok except for it being benadryl making me sleepy.
I'm missing my trains. Starting to think I'll have to dismantle it completely, bring it all and build something new from scratch. I barely got to enjoy this for a year.
I know Dad and Mom sure don't want me to rebuild what I have.
I need something to do that's for sure!!!
E

Good afternoon, fellow, 'Rail Placers & Spike Drivers',

Hi Francine & Flo, How are things here at Jeffreys' Dinner? It seems busy.

Clear at 78.8 °F - Feels Like 78 °F
Wind are Variable from the SW at 1.6 mph, Gusts up to 3.1 mph

Today - No High or Low temp readings.
Pressure 30.04 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Heat Index 78 °F
Dew Point 34 °F
Humidity 20%
Rainfall 0.00 in

On my med situation, yesterday morning I felt fairly bad shortly after getting up but managed to get myself dressed and shaved and called my friend John who gladly drove the 11 miles from his place to mine to pick me up and then we back by his place and continued on down to Madera about 35 miles away to the Community Hospital there. I was always alert and breathing normally and the pain near the back of my Left Pit had subsided considerably. At the Hospital Emergency I walked in and registered and then took a seat in the waiting room and John sat there too. I was called in at various times for different things such as two intake workers getting all the particulars down, and then called back for an EKG, which the fellow said, after he adjusted the electrode connections and got a good clear reading, that my heart rythum was spot on which was assuring and kind of goes with the fact I never had any actual Heart Pain. They also withdrew three small viles of blood to analysis, It took about four hours total for them to complete everything and we
both were very hungry so I treated for a buffet dinner at a resturant along allong the BNSF Tracks in Madera but unfortunately we couldn't/didn't see any trains go by but did as we left the Hospital which was down about 2 miles from the restrauant.

Today I feel pretty darn good with only minor discomfort thank God.

It's getting on towards noon out here so I'll just say Good Day Every One! I have been absent a couple days and will probably be absent some more, but I just wanted to make a few quick comments. Temps are headed back up out here - 89 today and 92 for the several days after.

KEN Sorry bout your Uncle and hope you get all the other irritations taken care of without too much expense. Sure glad you found a place for your daughter to hang during the storm. I think she should take a pet back to the dorm with her - lol.

EVERYONE - Thank you all so very much for your comments about my daughter. I still am having a little trouble with it all. It almost seems like I am in a bad dream and can't wake up. Just something that one really does not expect.

Myself -- I got additional headaches to ponder. Just getting fed up enough that I feel like sticking my head in the sand, but too many are depending on me, so guess I will trundle on through. The fun starts tomorrow. How many times can a person have a 95% success before he falls into that other 5%? I've been thru 2 with 3 more to go now.

See ya'll later - --

View attachment 58862

Say Sherrel: It's easy too tend to think negatively especially when it concerns our own health situation, I'm just as bad as anyone else from that standpoint to a large extent, but don't think the law of averages [LoA applies as your dealing with a situation/s which are being carefully looked into by very knowledgeable Drs. so the LoA does not apply! It's the same when you flew the Airliners, you had a knowledgeable crew and mechanics that worked on the plane/s and everything combined yelded successful
flights and many of them too not just 50% of the time! So think positively and things will turn out just fine!

LOL -- TERRY -- Afraid that was the answer -- Glad to hear that your co-worker lady there is doing well.

** This just in **

Sherrel/Ken: It is good news that Curt was gracious enough to allow Stephanie to stay with them!!

Curt: Hats off to you Guy!

I have my local Drs. appointment in a little while so I'll sign off for now.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good evening. It's cloudy, breezy, and 69.
I don't think I'll ever get used to a hurricane when it's 65 degrees. It just seems--wrong, somehow. I did check with some friends on Hurricane Watch Net, and they said it's starting to storm pretty good in Southeast Florida, and will continue getting worse as the feeder bands roll through.

On the car news front, a sad day in Aus. The last Ford vehicle to be fully manufactured here, a Falcon, rolled off the assembly line yesterday, destination a museum. Ending almost 100 years from the Model T onwards.

On another subject, it's apparently Happy World Day. This was announced on my wife's FB page with a picture of the world with a smiling face. Must've been an old picture.

Long day, not much time to even read the days posts. If I don't over sleep as I did today, almost 5am, I will try and take a look in the morning.

Have a great night Everybody!

Back