Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

It's 53 with 66% humidity under sunny skies in southeast Baltimore.

Be safe E, lay down when you can.

Terry I have said it before and I will say it again, you are a walking encyclopedia!

Willie I'm glad to hear all is well at home.

Chessie I hope all goes well and you are playing with your trains before lunch!

Bruce I'm glad to hear you are not over doing it, but you sure are productive!

Boris did you see last night's game? That's my kind of baseball!!!

King Toot you are a crazy old coot, God love ya!

Time to get ready for soccer. My boys are on a winning streak, going for 2 in a row today! ;)

Have a great day Everybody!

Good morning, everybody !

I hope everyone is doing well. I did not like the results of the game last night. Otherwise, I am in a good mood.

We had company, and I showed off the layout. Remarkably, there were no derailments or other problems.

Cheers.

Good morning, everybody !

I hope everyone is doing well. I did not like the results of the game last night. Otherwise, I am in a good mood.

We had company, and I showed off the layout. Remarkably, there were no derailments or other problems.

Cheers.

Oh, dats a good feelin!

Soon...soon. Going at a slow but steady pace. It will be nice to have "closure" on these loops!

Ok fellers doing some browsing and I came across what might be my next B&O unit. It may not be prototypical but it's my layout my rules and I want it.
24d77d7c1538fe6e5fc807a7f3bc98c4.jpg

And ofcourse I found another C&O unit. These were sold off at the beginning of the Chessie era. Yet again I don't really care as I'm not into counting rivets. I just run my trains.
f7edcdf2f350957d7419fa133dae85bf.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Ok fellers doing some browsing and I came across what might be my next B&O unit. It may not be prototypical but it's my layout my rules and I want it.
24d77d7c1538fe6e5fc807a7f3bc98c4.jpg

And ofcourse I found another C&O unit. These were sold off at the beginning of the Chessie era. Yet again I don't really care as I'm not into counting rivets. I just run my trains.
f7edcdf2f350957d7419fa133dae85bf.jpg

LOL! I'd run a brick if it had a motor and wheels! Nice looking pullers! I'm not picky about the company or era either, if it looks good to ya, run it!

Uh oh, it bounced up to about 65! Took some items to the garage and a pleasantly WARM breeze greeted me as I went out the door!

Must hurry and get my "chores" done and hopefully SWMBO will let me off the chain this afternoon! The layout is not going anywhere but the scooting days are getting rare! Gotta get it while I can! LATERS!

Afternoon All,

I'm sitting here watching UCF try to lose their game...again. Later I plan on watching the Gator game. I really feel like I should be doing something on the signal project but I'm afraid that anything that I do will be wasted effort and materials until I have the actual LED's to work with. I still want to shrink the signal if I can. I think once I get started the project will take months to complete.

Justin- Nice looking locos. I'm not a big fan of the Chessie paint scheme (sorry) but I really like the B&O paint schemes.

Eric- I hope you get your sleeping problem figured out.

Sherrel- Very interesting picture (WV). So you flew for TWA? I was under the impression you flew cargo or charter planes.

Willie- I really, really like that theater. It brings back childhood memories.

Garry- Isn't it amazing how problems seem to appear out of nowhere when guests are present?

I hope everyone has a good night.

WILLIE -- Love the movie theater. I was trying to remember the name of the theater we all went to in the big city next door pop 5000. Your "town" has the makings of another Garry and Chet. Really taking shape!

RAY, TOOT -- I have no idea why that "down under" photo got into the fray! I tried to remove it, but the forum software would not allow me to do so - kept saying 4 file limit. Anyways ... Those poor guys (all 420 of them) had been on that airplane about 28 hours by the time we deplaned in Hawaii. They ate and drank everything in sight including the 42 cases of beer that I signed for when their CO would not let them off the plane in Shannon to hit the Terminal Pub. Something about not being able to leave their weapons - only came across this once - all other trips the CO just posted a guard at the aircraft door like this.
Shannon1-1991.jpg

While the rest of the gang were here!
Shannon2-1991.jpg

AWW CRAP!
sd70.jpg

Good afternoon everybody, Been away for a couple of days visiting relatives out of Province.

I bought an Atlas/Roco GP-38 off of fleabay a couple of days ago for $26.00. One part of the ad says it is "new in box" and another part says it is used. I suspect it is the latter. Not "too used" I hope. I have four others that are more than 30 years old and still running great. All are converted to RailPro which makes them run even better.

The weather here is kind of lousy, 52 with a steady gloomy rain. Good day for the layout.

Still working on my engine house and landscaping, will post a few pics when it is closer to being done.

Have a great day!

Mel

Curt & Sherrel - Thanks for the comments on the theater. I bought this structure about four years ago, just because it fit into my vision of where I wanted it to go. It appears to be exactly what I wanted. Sherrel, where I grew up theaters like this were inevitably called "Lowes", or "Fine Arts". It wasn't too hard to assemble, but the instructions were probably the worst Walther's instructions that I have ever seen. I made a major error (to me) in the marquee that I was able to compensate for in the end. Sadly only three leftover parts for the parts stash.
Willie

Good afternoon. Been lurking as of late, takes me too long to write a post (ADHD flaring up again!) plus I have to prep for next Friday's op session.

Garry - glad your layout behaved well for your visitors. Reminds me of kids - they do all sorts of cool tricks in private to impress you, but won't repeat them when you ask them to perform for a guest!

Willie - I'll echo what Curt and Sherrell said about the theater, it certainly looks real enough that I dang near smell the popcorn!

Curt, good luck with your signals. My signals sat in boxes for a few years before I finally resolved to start wiring them, what a PITA!

Bruce - hope you got a chance to ride in the [unusual for MI] warm weather.

Justin - that F7 definitely is prototypical: [url]http://rr-fallenflags.org/bo/bo4544jpa.jpg[/URL] It looks like a Genesis to me, I say go for it!

Went to the Timonium train show today, will post pix later - right now SWMBO wants me to make a run to the supermaket. Catch y'all later...

Sherrel, That guard looks altogether too happy, must've been the only non-drinker. That loco was just asserting it's individuality and "makin' tracks" of it's own.

I had a good day at the buy and sell today, $550's worth. Been looking at more decoders from where I got some the other day, Mainline Hobby Supply, in Blue Ridge Summit PA.

Mainline Hobby is good folks, and only 45-50 minutes from here! I try to get there a couple times a year.

Well I got an answer to my prototypical question. It appears a B&O F7 isn't too far fetched after all judging by this pic.
a16197c016263a3018a4164dac776a9a.jpg

Ok I'm back from the store...

As I mentioned earlier, I went to Timonium. First, I'll start off with this pic. Louis, I'm sure you'll get a good laugh out of this one, I sure did - especially the price tag:

LionelWhimsicalCarFerry.jpg

(Probably would've been more marketable if it was O scale...)

I actually found a few items worth buying today. I was hoping to find a Walthers 86ft Hi-Cube boxcar painted for C&O....and 20 minutes after I got there, voila:

CnO_HiCube86.jpg

Not bad for $15 IMHO.

Later, I found this set of harbor dredging barges fully assembled, painted and weathered - they'll provide a nice touch to my steel mill ore dock scene with the lakeboat!

DredgingBargeScene.jpg

I'll need to pile some "silt" into the dump barge...

Justin - I posted a link to a prototype photo of #4544 in my previous post, I guess you missed it? That one in the pic you posted looks like it may be an ex-B&LE unit, judging by the 48" dynamic brake fan.

Eric - hope you can get a pain med that doesn't put you in as much danger as this one apparently does...!:eek:

Ok I'm back from the store...

As I mentioned earlier, I went to Timonium. First, I'll start off with this pic. Louis, I'm sure you'll get a good laugh out of this one, I sure did - especially the price tag:

LionelWhimsicalCarFerry.jpg

(Probably would've been more marketable if it was O scale...)

I actually found a few items worth buying today. I was hoping to find a Walthers 86ft Hi-Cube boxcar painted for C&O....and 20 minutes after I got there, voila:

CnO_HiCube86.jpg

Not bad for $15 IMHO.

Later, I found this set of harbor dredging barges fully assembled, painted and weathered - they'll provide a nice touch to my steel mill ore dock scene with the lakeboat!

DredgingBargeScene.jpg

I'll need to pile some "silt" into the dump barge...

Justin - I posted a link to a prototype photo of #4544 in my previous post, I guess you missed it? That one in the pic you posted looks like it may be an ex-B&LE unit, judging by the 48" dynamic brake fan.

Eric - hope you can get a pain med that doesn't put you in as much danger as this one apparently does...!:eek:
Oh no I saw it. But it's even more of a confirmation when there are Chessie units in the background. I think I'll add it to my fleet. I like variety. I may add the Alco too. It looks really interesting.

Living next to the CN mainline in southern BC, it's always great for train watching, CP also uses this track inbound to Vancouver, usually AC4400's or ES44AC's, not nearly as interesting as CN, you never know what is coming next. These came through the other day.

IMG_1897.jpg
Old BCR C40-8Mu (Dash-8)

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:
Living next to the CN mainline in southern BC, it's always great for train watching, CP also uses this track inbound to Vancouver, usually AC4400's or ES44AC's, not nearly as interesting as CN, you never know what is coming next. These came through the other day.

View attachment 59207
Old BCR C40-8Mu (Dash-8)
I don't know if you follow Jason from Rapido at all, but they are in the process of making the C40-8M in hO scale.

Good evening everyone!

Spent the whole day working for SWMBO, either cleaning her office, or doing yard work, or decorating for Monday. We have a new addition to the creepy sights in the yard, Imagine this with a purple strobe at night!

Boo2016.jpg

Tomorrow, ceiling work, Nascar, and the last of the eBay listings to pack up and list.

Louis, let me know what day works better for you next weekend. Couldn't see the little one this week, creeping crud in the house, so we're waiting til next weekend to hit Dundalk.

HiRailer I'm not much on modern locos, but I do like those cowl units with the "Draper Taper".

Eric
. Keep up with the progress reports, it sounds like you are making progress. (But I'm still keeping you on the prayer list!)

Ken I wish I could have gone to the show, but I have so many projects due before the Holidays. But I WILL be at the run session! (SWMBO has school that night anyhow. Finally getting her Real Estate license.)

The rest of you "be well, do good work, and keep in touch". Bonus donuts given for the source of the quote. And don't Google it!:rolleyes:

Back