• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer Today, 08:02 AM Go to last post
    wheeler1963

Jerome's Switcher Roster

Thread Starter: wheeler1963

I got an interesting email this evening from a member of this forum. He "doubted" that I could possibly have 100 switchers as I have stated in other threads. Well that kinda got my fur up, so I hauled every switcher I have out and placed them on the dining room table. Here's what I have. The...

Last Post By: kbkchooch Today, 12:43 PM Go to last post
    armyairforce

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

Thread Starter: armyairforce

Since getting back into railroading in 2005, I built three N scale layouts for myself. 'Dreamland' was the first on a 6 x 2ft board. 'Area 51' was next with a similar but enlarged track plan on an 8 x 2ft 6in board, both of which operated diesels. My last layout was 'Storage Depot 41, Kingman'...

Last Post By: armyairforce 09-28-2014, 11:11 AM Go to last post
    Bill Tidler Jr.

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIV

Thread Starter: Bill Tidler Jr.

This is the new place!

Last Post By: jeffrey-wimberly Today, 05:07 PM Go to last post
    FM C liner

My beginner HO layout, 4 x 6 in my garage

Thread Starter: FM C liner

Hi everyone, I know you guys like pics, so I thought I would put some up of my very novice HO layout. As you can see the track is just sitting on the wood right now. I hope to have foam board on soon and then the roadbed and so on. I know it is pretty basic but it is all I can really do money...

Last Post By: Johne230 09-28-2014, 02:14 AM Go to last post
    Alan Curtis

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Thread Starter: Alan Curtis

New switching layout underway. All track is laid and ready for wiring of slide switches which both control turnouts and provide power to frogs. Some structures are being reused from previous layouts but more are needed, either kitbuilt or scratchbuilt/kitbashed. The AW is freelance, but set in...

Last Post By: A2TwrOpr 09-26-2014, 05:31 PM Go to last post