HI, I am someone new, have some items & need some info

I found these signs which I found out they are A.R. Fergusson model train metal & tin railroad signs. They were manufactured in Buffalo, NY (couple hours from me, I'm in Syracuse NY). I know they are fairly old and can't find much info on them. Wanted to make sure I list them correctly. I don't like to put out any information that I am not sure of. I see that alot on other websites, particularly on eBay. You find a lot of people that copy other people's listings instead of looking up the correct info. Or that have no interest. To me it is laziness. I have had others copy mine and use my stock numbers ...lol like it is part of the item. Anyways, I am going to post the photos. If anyone knows anything about them, please feel free to post it to me. Thanks in advance.

DSCN2965.JPG
DSCN2955.JPG

Glad you found it!
Whats the story on them, neat looking stuff.
Yeah I would like to know too. I've never seen the likes.

EDIT: From the ebay listing ...

Vintage Antique A.R. Fergusson Model Train Railroad Signs Signals Accessories 4pcs (#7114). Lot includes O Gauge Railroad crossing, Semaphore signal, clock & Railroad Crossing Danger Sign. All are made of metal and tin. They are all painted, but show wear & the smaller crossing appears to missing a part. They also show some oxidation. These are produced by A.R. Fergusson Toy Company in Buffalo, NY between 1922 - 1927. They are all original with G style stands. See pictures.

Last edited:

Back