Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh huh. How much did she appreciate God's handiwork when she told you to do something, and it went in one ear and out the other?
I always listened to my Nanny. She might grab one of those ears and persuade me to listen if not!

Time for me to go get my grandson from school

Before I go I'll share more of my Nanny's wisedom "count to 10 before you get angry, If you are still getting angry count again and again"

I can't say it has always worked for me, there have been times I did not make it past 2.

Something new just arrived from Tennessee.
D101BA8A-033C-4687-A73E-943C1836EE27.jpeg

SAY -- Speaking of Jameson -- A friend gave me a bottle of Jim Beam Honey a couple weeks ago?
It's only what - 70 proof (I think).

I just don't hardly drink anymore, but damn .. that was good! My Spousal Unit even thought so too! It did not last long at all -- I doubt any was lost to evaporation.

Good Afternoon All,

Spent several hours at the workbench and got all the basic roofing on. I used Wild West shake shingles on the peaked roof. I braced the roof card of the roofing on the far right to strengthen it and braced the far right end to raise it a little so water can run off instead of sitting.

Garry- Sorry to hear your MIL is having additional medical issues.

Willie- Thank you. You're picture doesn't scare me. Great interior to the fruit stand.

Louis- Great photos. I especially like the I1sa photo. If I could find a loose photo of it I would mount it in the train room. I have played golf one time. A uncle took me out to play 9 holes. I was a high schooler and hit more than a 100. That was my last time golfing.

Terry- Nice looking loco.

20190130_141510-2016x980.jpg

20190130_143933-2016x980.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

I'd like to weigh in on the recent topics. I'm hoping for another ice age then they might be showing more CURLING on tv. A nice glass of Jameson, a copy of MR and rocks gliding across ice.:)
Dave

I can go for a nice glass of Makers Mark, a copy of RMC, and rocks of ice in the glass! :rolleyes:;)

If I want to take a nap in front of the TV -- just put it on a golf game. I have a hard time fathoming why people follow golfers around a golf course, "Oh look! He hit the ball really far! Now let's follow him another 1/4 mile so we can see him hit it again".

Sherrel: The only time I ever enjoyed golf, was after we finished and went over to the club. Playing with friends is fun no matter how bad I was, but watching pros especially on TV doesn't work for me.

Because I like everybody here and don’t want to see my friends arguing .

Garry: No one is arguing. Because of the unusual cold gripping much of the country, we are discussing the weather. If it wasn't for the weather, we would have days where no one posts at all. ;)

Not for nothing, there are other railroad forums where the mere passing mention of Amtrak will get one banned. And Amtrak is a Class 1 Railroad, running real trains on real tracks, that issues real paychecks. This is not a political or religious discussion, but our climate does affect every one of us. It hasn't been this cold around here in years . In Jersey, we used to get numerous ice storms, now it's pretty much either rain or snow. We get fewer thunder storms in the summer. Our summer temperatures used to include a week to ten days of 100° days. We haven't seen 100° in a few years. We have more flooding than before, significantly more flooding. What do we call that, eh?

We are blessed with a group of very reasonable gentlemen on this forum, who demonstrate tolerance and respect for each other. The coffee shop is the place for discussions about sports, weather or other items unrelated to trains. We even discuss train stuff here, instead of in specific topics. The most wonderful thing about life in the good old USA, is that, in theory at least, none of us has to march in lockstep with everyone else. The Coffee Shoppe reflects that kind on intellectual discussion. Let's keep it that way.

BTW, I just learned that our local Ice Rink is in need of a Zamboni driver. Yes we do have ice rinks here at the Jersey Shore, for sure!

Boris

Good evening.....-2 with a wind chill of -28.Sun is out here but a 20-30 minute drive you in 2' of snow and blizzard winds.

Terry nice engine.....If it was CSX.:)
IMG_2473.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back