Search results

1. ThoroughBreed

Questions on a Santa Fe F units build

I have been aquiring some athearn blue box F unit shells, both single and double headlight versions, and need to know a few things about building one of the blue-bonnets and a yellow bonnet: What colors are needed for: Blue bonnet? Yellow bonnet? Which colors do I need to lay down first...
  2. ThoroughBreed

NS salutes the Veterans!!!

3. ThoroughBreed

rotary dumper details needed

I am looking for measurements to build a rotary dumper or two for ho scale since walthers is always out of them. My units will be non-functional static displays, but will have track going thru them. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx, TB:cool:
  4. ThoroughBreed

dcc systems and decoders

First: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT WHOSE SYSTEM IS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS!!!!! Now that that was said, has anyone else realized that certain decoder brands do not like to work with opposing systems? I have seen the "MRC sucks....." and "digitrax is cra..." posts on all forums and groups, but has...
  5. ThoroughBreed

AT&SF F-unit passenger question

Would the Santa Fe had run F7 A-B-B-B's in passenger warbonnet service?
  6. ThoroughBreed

NS OCS Only overnight in Columbus, GA

Didn't find out till late this evening they were here (0200), so had to go check it out and take some pics. Now I'm not the best photographer in the world and the lighting conditions were very poor, almost pitch black, but I tried to clean them up with only MS picture editor.
  7. ThoroughBreed

What size fans on the sd70m-2/ace?

Ok, the topic says it: What size fans on the sd70m-2/ace? and where can we get them? anyone got a parts list from a athearn sd70m-2 or ace? This is for ho scale of course. thanx, TB
  8. ThoroughBreed

Question about air pressure

I got this Campbell Hausfield 1/2 HP 2 gallon compressor from Wally world for only $55 on clearance. It came with a 10' hose and a bunch of attachments. I was lucky enough that my current airbrush setup mated up perfectly to it without any extra adapters needed. I do need to get a filter for the...
  9. ThoroughBreed

Need track plan suggestions for new layout

I have one layout 30% built, no scenery, and most of the track laid, and use it to run a few locos from now and again as I cant get in to use it most of the time, but that one is not the subject here. I am about to start another layout in the bedroom, an around the walls shelf type. I have the...
  10. ThoroughBreed

Heres one for ya Josh

Do you have this BNSF SD70MAC? If you decide to model that one, get with me as I may want a copy of it also. Thanks, Eric :cool:
  11. ThoroughBreed

NCE ATLS4 decoder

Ok, so I got this decoder for free recently and am not planning on using it in a switcher. I been trying to figure out how to attach it to the motor and the only thing I can see is the two large spots on the board for attachment to poles of some kind. One of the spots is filled in with a small...
  12. ThoroughBreed

Walthers auto racks

Anyone here have any of the Walthers bi-level auto racks in the 932-4800~40 range kits( http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-4812)? They look like the early auto racks as they are flat cars with the racks built on top of them. What size wheels are under them? They look like 33" to me. I...
  13. ThoroughBreed

Tonight on the History Channel!

Tonight on the History Channel, is an episode called "Extreme Trains". Make sure you catch it! Tonight is the "coal train" episode at 10 pm est, In case you miss it at 10 pm EST, it also repeats at 2 am EST. So if you have a dvdrw/vcr/tivo, you can set it up and catch it on the replay...
  14. ThoroughBreed

NS C40-9W build

:cool: Heres what I did with a couple of the parts I requested in the wanted section (THANKS Jerome for the cab and fuel tank and air tanks): My newest build, right out of the paint booth, still needing some detail work, will add another pic when completely finished; A Athearn Blue Box C40-9W...
  15. ThoroughBreed

how to dcc a Atlas switch machine

Heres a good question, I recently came into alot of dcc decoders and will be swapping out some of my cheaper decoders for some better ones. I thought about this, and wondered what kind of wiring would be necessary to do to use these decoders for switch machines. Now, these are Lenz LE1000W...
  16. ThoroughBreed

Lets take a virtual tour of Juniata shops

Heres a great site for a virtual tour of the Juniata Shops, home of the PRR and Conrail, in Altoona, PA. Explore all the links: A general history; the gallery contains a tour of the car shops, paint shop; roster shots of steam and electric locos constructed in the shops; miscellaneous photos of...
  17. ThoroughBreed

constant lighting kit

Ok, heres what I got in the 2 Athearn bb c44-9w's from a trade. It has what I consider to be a constant lighting kit for dc. It controls both forward and reverse lights and the ditch lights and has them flashing when going forwards. The outputs are 1.5v, I think, as the bulbs are 1.5v bulbs...
  18. ThoroughBreed

4th of July thread!!!

Lets see those bicentennial units and cars! Heres mine: Tyco loco, 13 Life Like colony cars, Tyco Minutemen car, Tyco caboose. This one was taken with flash On a side note, anyone got a set of handrails for that tyco loco? I'd appreciate any help in procurring them, lol.
  19. ThoroughBreed

enough room for locos?

Compared to the number of engines that you have, do you have enough room on the layout for them all at one time? Either sitting in the yard waiting, or on a siding, or in the roundhouse, diesel service areas, or wherever, what percentage of engines can you accomodate at 1 time oin your layout.
  20. ThoroughBreed

HO scale autoracks

Has anyone tried to enclose the Accurail autoracks? or maybe know of a kit to do that? I have 4 of them to do that to. I have 2 that have partial enclosures on them, but I want to be able to finish the enclosed racks. Also, does anyone know of a kit to turn the standard Athearn 89' flats into...

Back