Search results

1. A

N scale Con Cor Aerotrain???

Anyone here have any experience with the Con Cor Aerotrain? I have one on order. I am planning to convert it to DCC. How well do they run and any other insights here? Thanks
  2. A

Americana / RoadSide Route-66

I went to the Nscale train show in Columbus OH (Hilliard) yesterday. Found NOTHING I had on my want list, overall prices were high & higher. Quality was poor to great, but often way overpriced IMO. On the brighter side, I found some very interesting structures. They fit very well with the...
  3. A

Surprise! Surprise! Sumtimes ya actually WIN on fleBay (arunning pristine FM C-liner)

Friday our USPS deliver yet another FM C-liner I won on eBay. I had started on a new chassis for it, expecting it to be a typical ancient serious rehab job. Before I tear one apart to re-build, I always test run them first, I do that anyway with ALL locos anyway. I was SHOCKED! It not only ran...
  4. A

N scale is so BIG!

I am learning to appreciate the larger size of N scale recently. If you want to discover just how BIG N scale is, tinker around with some Z scale......... Ha Ha. I have a Covered wagon, F7, a Rail Zeppelin, and yes the prop in the back actually works, and I picked up a Marklin set (complete...
  5. A

Looking for N-scale toy solders

I have started gathering materials to expand my layout. I am planning a DC like mall, NOT a replica, impractical. I have ordered (DO NOT LAUGH) pencil sharpeners close in the size I need of the White House, Lincoln, Jefferson & Washington monuments. I already have the cherry blossom trees and...
  6. A

ConCor GS4 Suthern Pacific Daylight

Well, the title loco is my latest, till my Pensy Hudson arrives. Great looking loco, but sad it is a China made Con-Cor and QC is lacking in China made Con-Cor's. They cut a few corners that I am trying to overcome. It was DCC ready, complete with a NMRA connector in the tender. BUT...
  7. A

New Minimalistic portable battery op layout

Well I finished my newest layout. I will list the highlights and maybe take and post a picture of it later. Main Features: -1- DC/DCC compatible -2- Bachman EZ DCC controller (powered with 2x 9v batteries) -3- 3 grade crossings -4- Double main-line, (max 2 trains) -5- Scenery, including...
  8. A

Quick Bachmann DCC Q?

does anyone here have, or made, a schematic (or link) of the add-on throttle for the EZ command? I would like to make one, but do not have one to dissect for a basis to make one. Thanx JD
  9. A

Bachmann EZ - DCC contoler

The new BLI unit did not work, even if it had, it would not have fit my needs. I returned the BLI unit and ordered a used Bachmann EZ unit, It came w/o power supply (wall-wart), cables or instructions (avail on web). I made track & power cables and tested it out, works fine. WHY buy a...
  10. A

DCmaster Broadway Limited sound?

Anyone here have a DCmaster or use sound locos from Broadway Limited? I have a DC master and wanted to use it to activate horn or bells on a non-broadway ltd loco. JD
  11. A

Do NOT rely on eBay FeedBack being HONEST!

I received 3 eBay emails this morning, all within mere minutes apart. -1- 11:08 am, notification of complaint by seller (rockhead) the minitrix loco. -2- 11:20am Notice from eBay they were investigating the complaint. -3- 11:22 eBay sided with seller, informed me that I could NOT return the...
  12. A

Hurdle of DCC SOUND in a older 1980s vintage ConCor-RR Big Boy

I tried stiffing the speaker in the cab w/decoder, I knew it would not be great, but it worse than I expected. Tonight I re-wired the speaker/cap set of wires to TRY and put the speaker in the tender. The reason I tried using the cab to start with was I could not for the life of me figure out...
  13. A

Going from DCC to DCC w/SOUND

Earlier this year (as far as I know) Digitrax came out with a new DCC sound unit. The NICE part is that it is simple to convert N scale that already has a DN-135 or DN 136 in it. The new DCC w/SOUND is a SDN-136 and uses the same mane connector, but ads another, smaller one at the other end. I...
  14. A

Woes & hazards of eBay (aka flea-bay)

I have a old Minitrix 0-6-0 old time lock that I converted to DCC this past year. Despite it being smallish, the DCC conversion was easy to do. There's even room to stuff it over the motor, under the cab roof. I was thinking about having another old time DCC loco. I found one on flea-bay almost...
  15. A

Anyone here have a 3D printer they use for Model RR?

My new Robo R1 3D printer came this week. After a frustrating start, missing software etc, downloading and getting the right drivers and a REPAIR needed right out of the box, it's working! A belt clip was broken, so I glued it together and was actually able to make a brand new replacement part...
  16. A

Old Salty Dog, Learning New Tricks, DCC now 3D printing

Hello crew...... Well over a year ago I went from DC to DCC. Now my new 3D printer arrived and hope eventually to make things for my Nscale layout. My 3D printer looked great out of the box, but was a challenge to get'r up and running, or should I say 3D printing. First was the MicroSD was...
  17. A

Modern N scale Vehicles......

Some one was asking about vehicles for N scale. I went to the Wheaton show last sunday and found a couple I just had to have. A late model Chevy impala and SUV police vehicles are perfect for my courthouse. They were IMO expensive at $2/ea but they are very nice even with painted red & blue...
  18. A

I got BRAVE!

I was looking for a county courthouse or similar. I wanted it with red brick, white windows and it HAD to have a dome on top. I did not find anything near what I was looking for, especially a proper dome. Like I said I got brave and bought a kit to make molds and a resin cast dome. I used a...
  19. A

tiny old time steam, DCC and Sound.

Today I got brave and converted a very old Trix 0-6-0 old time steamer to DCC. It was a tight fit butvwent well plus did tjne up and runs even bettee. Been sitting for maybe 20: Nearly since i last ran it. I had very little room even fir wires. I had to cut a notch in the back cab Wall so...
  20. A

Big Sound in Nscale loco

Last week i was at my almost local train shop. He showed me a new Bachmann steam loco e/ factory sound Or should i say SOUND!! The loco tan great but what caught my attention was the Great sound tha sounded like itwas coming from A source msny times the tiny N-scale.tender. I have to...

Back