Looking for N-scale toy solders

I have started gathering materials to expand my layout. I am planning a DC like mall, NOT a replica, impractical. I have ordered (DO NOT LAUGH) pencil sharpeners close in the size I need of the White House, Lincoln, Jefferson & Washington monuments. I already have the cherry blossom trees and plan to make a quasi Vietnam wall using black label tape, and use a mirror for the reflecting pool.

Problem, is I want to do a loosely based setting of the Korean memorial. I need solders only about 1/2 inch high in various poses for it. Any color will do as I will paint them as needed.

Any suggestions where to get such tiny toy solders.

Not even Walther's shows any N-scale solders. At this juncture, I see two non-ideal possibles.

-1- I found tiny solders on flea-bay, the closest I found so far, 3/4"tall, a bit taller than the closer to 1/2' ideal. I put a bid in, maybe they will be workable, maybe not.

-2- Take regular N scale figures, modify and paint them?

MicroMachines has toy solders, but they are too tall.

I remember seeing them while shopping for something else. Just can't remember where. They are difficult to locate. I bumped into a forum where members post military modelling and maybe that would be the place to go.

I searched N scale military figures(google) and it was one of sites that came up in one of the later pages.

There are quite a few military miniatures in 1/144 scale, which is reasonably close to N-scale. The difference in height between a 1/144 soldier and a 1/160 soldier is about 0.05 inch!

Perform a Google search for 1/144 soldiers, and you'll find quite a selection.

- Jeff

THANKS!
I did a g@@gle using the 1/144 and found a good selection. With that I also searched eBay and found some there, with the 1/144 anyways. You were spot on, there are quite a few, IF you know what to look for. I even found a place in Michigan that has them. I have a Meeting in Livonia this Wed and that's not too far from Royal Oak, where the dealer is.

I have been busy working on my expansion. I hope to have it mostly ready for track & scenery maybe by the weekend, or Monday?.

Again thanks

Back