Old Salty Dog, Learning New Tricks, DCC now 3D printing

Hello crew......

Well over a year ago I went from DC to DCC. Now my new 3D printer arrived and hope eventually to make things for my Nscale layout.

My 3D printer looked great out of the box, but was a challenge to get'r up and running, or should I say 3D printing. First was the MicroSD was blank (missing software). Down loaded a bunch of stuff but could not find the print driver. Support talked me thru finding the driver (no way would I have ever found it on my own) and installing.

Next I found
that a part (plastic belt clip) had broken. With the help of the Robo 3D forum I was able to download the file to make a new belt clip. I had glued and soldered (melted plastic via soldering iron) and the repair held to make a new part.

Funny thing about 3D printers, they can make many spare or replacement, or upgrade parts for themselves......

SCIENCE FICTION??

3D printers are a new frontier , especially for me. I have a lot to learn before I can design and make anything usefull. I did make a cube, a ring, whistle and a wrench is printing as I type.

My 3D printer, is a Robo 3D, Prints in many materials, not just PLA or ABS, it can do both and more. Build/print limits are good at 8"x9"x10", most affordable 3D printers can not print that big, some print in only one type of plastic.

Any who,,, anyone else here do 3D printing?

Back