Search results

1. S

Code 55 Track and Deep Flanges

Hi! I recently got back into Model Railroading (well, back in May), and decided to build an N scale layout. For the most part, everything has been moving smoothly so far. However, I came across a problem today that I don't know how to deal with. I am using Micro Engineering Code 70 track...
  2. S

He who hesitates is ..... Careful

Atlas always has nice stuff. I've used some of their equipment in both N and HO and liked it. Although I haven't run an N scale locomotive, I've heard they are good runners. I think you should be good with that engine. If you are looking to purchase a road engine, Kato has good engines, and my...
  3. S

Anybody Coming Out...

...With this engine? I haven't heard of any companies with a release of the 7400, but I haven't been keeping track. This one would be a great one to have! http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=353812&nseq=24
  4. S

Question about N-Scale Bachman Northern 4-8-4

First, clean your track. That might be the problem. But the Bachmann engines are low quality, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem.
  5. S

Possible layout and questions

I think your radius might be a bit of a strech. I would be safe at about 14 inches. Other than that I don't see much wrong.
  6. S

Magic Kingdom

I went there last month. That was the third year in a row there, and they are always great! The train is awesome at MK.
  7. S

can you identify these.

The other looks like a B23-7 or a B30-7.
  8. S

World's Largest Layout

Wow, I wonder how much that cost. I wish my layout could have computer controlled vehicals and figures.
  9. S

Which locomotive to get, N scale

I have a Kato AC44 that runs great. On wide curves, this locomotive is an excellent performer. I own an Atlas loco too, but I can't run it until I have DCC.
  10. S

Caboose detail parts

http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IT&Product_Code=LIF-7720 I'm modeling a Life Like caboose (up top I said Bachmann) that looks like the one above, but it was originally UP and now it will be MP. I want it to resemble the caboose at the bottom, but I...
  11. S

Caboose detail parts

I'm modeling an MP caboose in N scale. But I cant find any good N scale detail parts. I'm looking mainly for stove chimneys, roofwalks, and brakewheels. Also, in N scale, what size of wire do I need to make handrails? The caboose is a Bachmann caboose that I want to put next to my station. Any...
  12. S

HO or N?

http://www.nscaledivision.com/information_on_couplers.htm Look at this site. It shows the two main types of couplers in N scale, the Rapido and the knuckle. I will say that you will want to go knuckle. However, Not all knuckle couplers are compatible. For instance, I've had problems coupling a...
  13. S

HO or N?

Tom, what railroad are you modeling?
  14. S

BNSF Empty Coal Train

That's a pretty awesome coal loader, I'm going to plan to have one on my next layout.
  15. S

HO or N?

HO scale has most steam locomotives. While N has a good collection, it doesn't have the amount like HO. Most locomotives you saw on that page were excellent quality. Here's what I would say about the manufacturers of steam locomotives. Kato- small selection, great quality, Walthers (Lifelike)-...
  16. S

HO or N?

I model N, since I like the small size (I can work with small parts) and for a small layout you can get more into that area. Unfortunately, like Josh said, there is much more to chose in HO. Regarding steam locomotives, the N scale lineup is weak. Not many quality products have been produced...
  17. S

Layout Idea

Welcome to the exiting world of miniature trains! I don't have any experiance in building modules, but I would think you should have some sort of benchwork in mind when you build your module. Also, what year are you modeling?
  18. S

4NScale and Rio Grande Hobbies Closing

http://www.riograndehobbies.com/ Too bad, I loved their site.
  19. S

I need a little help

Well, St. Louis is served by all three, but I don't know of too many spots that are served by only those three.
  20. S

Weathering a Athearn 53' Trailer with Bragdon Powders

Great work and great layouut from what I see.

Back