• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer Yesterday, 08:18 AM Go to last post
    Bill Tidler Jr.

Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLII

Thread Starter: Bill Tidler Jr.

A new thread and a NEW NAME for the Coffee Shop. It is now officially, "Running Bear's Coffee Shop"! Good Morning! It's Fri 5/23/14

Last Post By: jeffrey-wimberly Today, 07:47 AM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I started this thread in the Introduction section, but decided it really should be over here. I hope you can follow along as I start this major project from a blank basement setting to a fully sceniced model railroad with a southwestern look and UP/BNSF motive power. This is the start of a large...

Last Post By: jwb 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

The wife's HO Atlas layout...

Thread Starter: wombat457

Hi Guys, Since working on the "other" layout, my wife decided that our layout needed "updating". Great idea thought I until I realized that my idea of an update and hers was completely different. My idea of an update is to add to the existing layout, replace older gear etc. Her idea requires a...

Last Post By: Suzie Today, 07:51 AM Go to last post
    greenslade57

Walthers Great Circus Train Accessories

Thread Starter: greenslade57

I am a resident of Australia and have been attempting to collect HO Circus wagons and other accessories from the Walthers Series. Has any complete, definitive list ever been generated? All of my models have come from eBay and I keep seeing different ones every now and then. I am wondering what...

Last Post By: FSEVEN circus train 07-17-2014, 08:48 PM Go to last post
    number9

Is a layout kit the way to go?

Thread Starter: number9

I have been out of model railroading for oh, thirty years or so, and I own nothing. I was looking to get back into model railroading and wanted to get a "small" (e.g. 4x8) layout started up, and perhaps get a nice engine and some rolling stock. I have picked up a few magazines, read a lot on the...

Last Post By: tootnkumin Yesterday, 09:39 PM Go to last post