Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all...... Woke up to a couple inches of snow. Crazy weather this spring so far! Supposed to be in the upper 60s by mid week, so about where it should be this time of year.

Have s a great day all!

Good morning. Starting the day off at 34 degrees with an expected high in the low 50's. Hope it will melt off the remaining snow in the driveway.

Ken D&J - Enjoyed your videos. Quite a lot of power for the show. Hope you'll be posting videos. The ones from the last one was excellent.

Joe - Like the Delta lines car. Nice work.

Garry - Another outstand photo. Keep them coming. Nice scene.

Sherrel - Hope you didn't get eye strain looking at the young ladies. Enjoy your road trip. Hope to get a few in over the summer myself. No more remodeling projects.

Here's a rail photo for today.

4-railway-tracks-les-cunliffe.jpg

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. 34° and cloudy to start the week. Playoff Hockey begins Wednesday, I believe. The teams I'm interested in all play Thursday.

Chet & Garry: Thanks, turned out better than I expected. Working on a Seaboard "Courteous Service" BB car. it's way too shiny.

KenVA: Nice consists. When I made the drive to Timonium, I was always impressed with your clubs display. I'll look at the videos in full, later this afternoon.

Good Morning Everyone....a little snow last night. Where's spring? Daffs have buds and daylillies are growing in warm areas along buildings.

Model railroading is on the back burner for a week or so. My mother-in-law passed away on Sunday and we're making the arrangements. 91 tears old. Lots of relatives coming from out of town.

On top of that...our new kitchen cabinets are being delivered in their boxes end of this week or early next. I also have to replace electrical outlets with CGFI's before any work starts.

That's all for now.

Thanks.

Greg

Very sorry to hear of that news GREG.

Looks as if you are going to be really busy for the near term.

Best wishes,

Good morning .....

Greg (WI) .... Condolences to you and your family regarding your mother in law passing away.

Ken D&J ..... Thanks for sharing the interesting videos. I could see them on the iPhone, but not on the iMac. Your link does not appear in your post if viewed with the iMac. Weirld tech stuff.

Phil.
... Thanks for the kind remarks..... As Terry said, I have had few photos published over the years. Mostly in MR's Trackside Photos.

migalyto, WIllie, and Chet ... Thanks to each of you for your comments.

Sherrel ... Safe travels ..

BOOM ! .... That is what we will hear when the old highway bridge is blown up Wednesday morning. It is just around the bend, and we will not see it. Our boat is still not out of winter storage. Weather has not cooperated this year.

https://www.workzonecam.com/projects/kytc/141279/workzonecam05

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg -
thumbnail_12832463_813647385413532_5526870376017811784_n.jpg

On a more serious note, sorry to hear about your loss. You sure have a lot going on all at once. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new kitchen. When we did ours, so many places tried to talk us into granite counter tops. I and my wife really don't like them. People don't realize what it takes to keep them up. We went with solid surface tops. We did look at quartz, but the wait for them would have been too long.

GREG- Condolences re your M-I- L .

GARRY- Have given all my old MR mags to the library where they put them out so others can read them/take them for free.

I think spring has started here. Now 87* and muggy. May ? have rain later.

Phil

Afternoon All,

Did some inside chores then with no rain in sight I decided to trim trees back from the driveway (what the heck was I thinking?). After more than 2 hours I was done but I was almost to the point of exhaustion. After getting cleaned up I took a nap for awhile and I feel much better. Hopefully the train room will see me tomorrow.

Garry- Nice looking box cars and beautiful bridge shot. Now Sherrel has to show up!

VA Ken- Really nice job on the speed matching. I am always amazed by the sheer scale of your layout.

Migalyto- I finally had to look up your Latin phrase. A long time ago in the Navy I worked with a diehard Cubbie fan. Anytime the team lost he would just say next time.

Chet- Nice rail shot.

Greg- Condolences on your family's loss.

This is the sand pit that I previously scratch built, but I recently added Tichy NBW's.

20180330_132841.jpg

This is the concrete foundation that I am putting in a wooden platform on it (if I ever get into the train room).

20180307_152802.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Completed another Bb kit from the closet. The usual upgrade to scale couplers, and metal wheels. Did not bother correcting the underbody, because no one ever sees the underbody. used weathering powders to tone down the shiny appearance.

SAL 19598 04-09-2018.jpg

Yes! Last of my structures arrived today! And my recent structure build. This is my gas station. I still have to complete it but I'm satisfied with the looks. I'm taken with the Heljan Court House Square series buildings. The buildings look so much like the buildings in the small coal towns around here.
f3fcede2be22d8d3abcd6b7e54adfcaa.jpg
18adc9c9d37b713d895cfb065417f01f.jpg

Justin

Good Evening all: It managed to reach 97 for a high today - 70 as we speak.
The sun was intense today and the last recorded snowfall is a distant 829 days in the past!

JOE - Nice assembly on the BB and I like the "tone down" of the weathering powders. Do you place some sort of coating over the powder? I have never tried to weather anything for fear of screwing it up. I should get a few junker cars and try it.

Just about finished the two modules at the south end of the layout. Still need to add a few more trees and some signs.

I don't want to solder any more chain link for a while!

Image1.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image7.jpg
Image8.jpg
Image10.jpg
Image5.jpg
Image14.jpg

Good morning all...... A bit warmer this morning than the past several. Going up to the low
40s today, and progressively warmer till Saturday with some rain.

Gary P........Those modules look outstanding!

Good Morning Railroaders! It's only supposed to reach 90 for a high today. It'sstill dark with a really clear 1/4 moon showing ahd stars galore.

gary P. - the tree shedding it;s leaves is a really cool touch. Don't see that much on layouts. I can see why you may need a rest on the fencing - maybe you could help WILLIE with his barb wire?

HERE'S A CHANGE OF PACE FOR ME? (photos courtesy of Mike Condren)

Amtrak-89-Manchac-LA-2-15-10-3.jpg

Amtrak-44-Manchac-LA-2-15-10-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back