Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. Started off at 15 degrees this morning but we are now up to the mid 50's.

Justin - Interesting video. The drivers who were brake checked were lucky that they had a dash cam. Anyone who wants to brake check and 80,000 truck deserves what they get. I really enjoy watching the video of drivers in Russia. Here's an example. If they are in a hurry, they don't thinks anything about driving down the wrong side of the road. I believe that dash cams are required by law over there. I can spend hours watching these idiots drive.

[video=youtube;FfrXebzAwOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfrXebzAwOg[/video]

I witnessed a few people trying to brake check semis when I was a trooper. A warning was not an option.

WAs down running trains most of the afternoon. Lotsa switching.

Don't know what happened with the new forum. I can't down load photos that I could do previously. Wonder if the photo size was changed again?

My son and his wife also brought another case of that fantastic bacon and a case of sausage over and we just finished vacuum sealing them for the freezer.

Time to start up the grill for some T bones. The dogs will hit the jackpot.

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening everyone. Staying at a friend's condo in Chicago. Walked five blocks to the conference hotel in 23 degree temp this morning. Lots of coffee today. Good conference.

Migalyto - I haven't been to the museum but I'll try to work it into my sked soon.
Terry - when I go to the museum I'll find out if David still runs the layout snd what his state of health is.
Justin - another great video, of the coal train.
Chet - thanks for the encouraging words.
Garry - got to comment again - your layout looks great.

although I'm not in Springfield, they got about half an inch of snow last night. Later this week they're saying temps in the 70's. Go figure. I'm ready for spring to get here and rake up residence!!

have a good evening everyone.

Howdy ...

My Santa Fe E6A and E6B are now hauling the passenger train. .... I may decide to install a brighter headlight , but I am happy with it other than that.

26436977497_7ba7fbcb69_b.jpg

40595231184_16f97317c7_b.jpg

Good morning. It's clear and 30. Black ice and freeze warnings all around here.

Garry, if those are BLI E6s, there is a decoder setting for headlight intensity. I'd check that, and make sure it is at its higfhest setting before surgery.

Good Morning All. 34° and cloudy. Looking for a high today around 60° after a chilly day yesterday with only 42° for the high. Thankfully the ice stayed on the other side of the Red River in Oklahoma yesterday, coming within 20 miles of here. Minimal outdoor activity as the wind was still a bit biting. Ended up catching up on a lot of household chores.
I didn't make it to the train shed until early afternoon, once there I finished adding the shingles to the Windsor Hotel kit. Painted the roof and chimney's and then installed them. I also finished up the window shades and installed the last few windows as well as adding the upper porch. Stopped for a break and ran some switching runs for the rest of the day. Today I hope to add the porch railings and the tarpaper roof for the porch and the outside stairwell. Then I'll look in the box for leftover parts. Hopefully there will be none.

Sherrel - That was one expensive hire for CSX; in more ways than just compensation.
Joe - Hope that you and your wife are getting to feeling better.
Garry - The Santa Fe power looks great, of course I am prejudiced.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning. 31 degrees and my rock is white again. We were up into themed 50's yesterday afternoon and then a quick front blew in and dropped 3 " of snow in less than an hour. No model railroad club last night. Not going to drive over the pass with roads like they were.

Garry
- Excellent photos as usual. Love the Burlington E units. They have to be one of the best looking locomotives.

Justin - I have seen those train photos before. Scary.

Still can't figure out why I can't upload photos from my phone. I wonder if the photo size has been changed again. Photos that I have uploaded in the past will no longer upload.

Later.

CHET - You better turn in your "rock" .. I think it has a malfunction!
BOB may have done something to the photos while he is trying to transfer everything over?

Oh, MAN! I do love it around here for the eye candy!
The TEMP was 81 yesterday and expected 78 today.
The fairer sex was out yesterday with the shorty shorts, halter tops, and in some cases bikini tops!
It's almost worth the price of admission in California - emphasis on almost!

Picked up the truck to drive over the weekend - BOB replaced a coil? Said he had not had time to drive it - and to bring it back Monday if still acting up. So far it has performed flawlessly? We will see?

Good morning, 39 and sunny!

Curt and Willie: Thanks for the good wishes, the wife is much better, but today, I feel like ...well you know :rolleyes:.

Garry:
That's a nice looking pair of Es. Are you modeling a particular ATSF train or just a random sampling ?

Woo hoo, Justin, that's quite a deal with free shipping! The guy's kidding, right? Bet some nit wit buys it. :rolleyes:

Sherrel: Love the new signature...so true.

Half the day is gone now. I have to fit another weather cover over the transport case for the modules. I rebuilt the whole thing because the individual slots were a little to tight to fit the modules in, height wise. I added 1 1/2" to each slot so the whole thing is about 7" taller. Had to buy 2 new tarps to cover it again to protect the contents from rain.
Another train show at Timoniun is next weekend. I'll be taking the modules up there on Friday afternoon along with the club trailer. I'll just stay up there the whole weekend instead of driving home each night.
I'm selecting the locomotives I'll take along with me and dialing them in so they all run the same speed. Kind of a tedious task. I'll probably take a steamer along too.
I set the modules up in my living room so I could do some maintenance on them for the show. I smashed one of the signals at the last show so I had to replace that and repair damage to the scenery from the transport case being a bit tight fit.

Half the day is gone now. I have to fit another weather cover over the transport case for the modules. I rebuilt the whole thing because the individual slots were a little to tight to fit the modules in, height wise. I added 1 1/2" to each slot so the whole thing is about 7" taller. Had to buy 2 new tarps to cover it again to protect the contents from rain.
Another train show at Timoniun is next weekend. I'll be taking the modules up there on Friday afternoon along with the club trailer. I'll just stay up there the whole weekend instead of driving home each night.
I'm selecting the locomotives I'll take along with me and dialing them in so they all run the same speed. Kind of a tedious task. I'll probably take a steamer along too.
I set the modules up in my living room so I could do some maintenance on them for the show. I smashed one of the signals at the last show so I had to replace that and repair damage to the scenery from the transport case being a bit tight fit.

Sure wish I could attend with you! Maybe you should have the tarps sewn together for a "custom type" slipcover now that you have modified the carrying module for everything to fit?

Spousal Unit and I are starting to plan for our trip. Due to other plans, we NOW plan on leaving 20th of this month if we can get our act together -- I hope we make it to the State Line before we have an argument and turn around.
More on this episode later on!

Sure wish I could attend with you! Maybe you should have the tarps sewn together for a "custom type" slipcover now that you have modified the carrying module for everything to fit?

Spousal Unit and I are starting to plan for our trip. Due to other plans, we NOW plan on leaving 20th of this month if we can get our act together -- I hope we make it to the State Line before we have an argument and turn around.
More on this episode later on!

I'm using two tarps for a double layer. The inner one is stapled to the transport case. The second one is held down in place with tie down straps and a cargo net over it to keep it from blossoming when the truck is moving.

Where are you going on your trip?

Afternoon All,

Been watching the grand kids today and not much else going on here. I hope to start the freight house wood decking tomorrow.

Justin- Another great video.

Garry- Great looking Santa Fe motive power and layout of course.

Sherrel- You beat me posting about the free postage. Too funny about the vacation planning.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Structure building. Definitely a steady hands kinda project. Putting together my gas station today. Hopefully get a start on my next structure. My final structures will be here tomorrow. Then off to get them placed and get my roads laid out how I want them.

Justin

I'm using two tarps for a double layer. The inner one is stapled to the transport case. The second one is held down in place with tie down straps and a cargo net over it to keep it from blossoming when the truck is moving.

Where are you going on your trip?

We just may make it all way to Sneeds Ferry (LeJeune) - I'd like to make it on up to Bristow, VA - to see all grandkids (wife may run out of time) and we both may have lost sanity by then. Stops in TX, AR, and LA for cousins and friends. I'll be asking for some addresses from several of you along the way (just in case we need a pit stop - LOL) I'm sure that my two four-legged kids would not want to miss a chance to christen your grass and trees!

*** Breaking News *** *** Breaking News *** *** Breaking News *** *** Breaking News ***

We interrupt this program for a special announcement.

Forum upgrades are planned to start on Thursday. When they do, the site will be offline.

Read more here:
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...um-Upgrades-Starting-4-12-(Subject-to-change)

Also, if you haven't done so already, please consider joining our sister website railroadforums.com http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/index.php

It's a great website, with over messages and 40,000 train photos. It will give you a look at the new software and we'll be posting upgrade info there to keep you up to date on our process. Check it out!

*** We now return you to your regularly scheduled program... ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back