Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for all the notices etc, but I'm trying to let everyone know what's happening so that when the outage happens, people aren't caught by surprise and think the forum isn't coming back.

Bob.... Thanks for your work upgrading the forum.

Chet, Joe, Terry, Curt, and others ..... Thanks for the comments on my Santa Fe E6's. The train might be a typical Santa Fe daytime train between Chicago and Kansas City in the late 1940's or early 1950's. Perhaps a train from KC to Tulsa or Oklahoma City. in the t era, too.

We just may make it all way to Sneeds Ferry (LeJeune) - I'd like to make it on up to Bristow, VA - to see all grandkids (wife may run out of time) and we both may have lost sanity by then. Stops in TX, AR, and LA for cousins and friends. I'll be asking for some addresses from several of you along the way (just in case we need a pit stop - LOL) I'm sure that my two four-legged kids would not want to miss a chance to christen your grass and trees!
We have 30 amp power, water, and wifi. About 2.5 hours from BristoL, TN/VA, if that's where you're going.

And in the asset divestiture department:
A guy on the Farcebook posted a "wanted" ad, asking for L&N engines. I sent him a message about a Proto engine new in the box, for $50. He snootily informed me that he used to sell them for $20 each at shows. I politely invited him to go buy some new ones for $20 each, and let me know how many he was able to get.

Terry, well put. Don't think you'll hear from him again. Alligator mouth with a hummingbird ass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sherrel: Sounds like you're ready for the Coast to Coast I-40 tour. Enjoy and be safe.

Garry: "Take Me Back to Tulsa on the Tulsa Flyer" Sounds like a good idea. I believe the ATSFRRHS has actual consists on their site.

Bob: You do know, that no matter how you try to get the word out, someone will miss the messages :rolleyes: BTW, Registered for the RailroadForums.com this morning. FYI, I had to change my email address, because G mail "lost" the confirmation messages. Otherwise, work fine. I like the site. I'll explore some more tonight.

I decided to get off my computer and build something.

Delta Line 2841 04-08-2018.jpg

If the photo link works, it's a Athearn BB kit offered by the NMRA, as a convention car honoring the Delta Lines Model Railroad, back in the late 80s or early 90s. Tat's one less kit in the closet. Intermountain wheels, Kadee #153, short shank scale couplers, and weathered with powders. The car coupled to it is a Roundhouse box car obtained and assembled in the mid 60s, and reworked with #153 couplers and IM wheels last week. Weathered using a wash of India Ink.

Anyone following the Masters?

Sherrel: Sounds like you're ready for the Coast to Coast I-40 tour. Enjoy and be safe.

Garry: "Take Me Back to Tulsa on the Tulsa Flyer" Sounds like a good idea. I believe the ATSFRRHS has actual consists on their site.

Bob: You do know, that no matter how you try to get the word out, someone will miss the messages :rolleyes: BTW, Registered for the RailroadForums.com this morning. FYI, I had to change my email address, because G mail "lost" the confirmation messages. Otherwise, work fine. I like the site. I'll explore some more tonight.

I decided to get off my computer and build something.

View attachment 66011

If the photo link works, it's a Athearn BB kit offered by the NMRA, as a convention car honoring the Delta Lines Model Railroad, back in the late 80s or early 90s. Tat's one less kit in the closet. Intermountain wheels, Kadee #153, short shank scale couplers, and weathered with powders. The car coupled to it is a Roundhouse box car obtained and assembled in the mid 60s, and reworked with #153 couplers and IM wheels last week. Weathered using a wash of India Ink.

Anyone following the Masters?

Joe ..... The box cars look nice. I recall Delta Lines had a lot of publicity in its day. ..... Tulsa Flyer sounds great to me.

Sherrel ..... Regarding your trip... Several weeks ago, you said your would consider stopping in western KY if I had a Santa Fe train operating ...... Here you are .... .... (Seriously, you certainly would be welcome as are any of the regular forum members. Let me know. Our calendar is filling up with other stuff. )

40432392695_bb2c30081c_b.jpg

Good evening everyone. Still here in Chicagoland. Great conference, lots of coffee!!

Thanks for for all the heads ups snout the forum going offline this Thursday. Eager to see the updated forum when it comes back online.

still predicting snow for Chiland, 50% chance tomorrow. When I get back to MO it will get into the 70's!!! Finally - some real spring weather.

Can't wait to get back to my train room.

have a good evening everyone.

I guess I'll post these videos here as they will probably be gone after the change over to the new format.

I finished teaming up some locos for the show next weekend at Timonium.
This first video is Team 1 made up of Norfolk Southern power. The lead is an ES44AC, C40-9 and a SD70-2M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7euWXNg1TY

This next video is the Union Pacific power for the spine cars and mounted trailers. The lead is an ES44AC, SD60, ES44AC, ES44AC and a SP unit SDP45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSsaAUw_2E0

and finally, the steamer. This whole train will be pulled by this single steamer or the NS team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOVdLYxFIU

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Gang. 39° and clear right now, going up to near 70° later today. No snow in the forecast. Looks like yardwork today. The SW part of the yard needs mowing again and I still have tree limbs that I already pruned that need cutting up. I'm waiting for an opportune time to burn brush, as the pile is getting high, but it doesn't look like rain anytime soon.
I didn't spend much time out in the train shed yesterday, Sunday mornings are filled with many activities and yesterday was my wife's only day off until after tax season. While there is no honey do list, I do have to pretend to be attentive to her needs. I did finish the Windsor Hotel laser-cut wood kit but didn't take pictures yet. I hope that Chet can wait until tomorrow!:( Moved back over to work on the farm homestead and started adding the trees now that all other scenery is in place. Still need an additional barbed-wire fence for the cow pasture, but in the meantime they're staying off the tracks.

I have put that loco box from EBay on my watch list. If it sells, then I may have found a new revenue source for all of my stashed boxes. I'll even include the literature sheets!

Sherrel - Watch out with the eye candy, it may give you a heart attack, or a wife attack!
Garry - That Santa Fe train sure looks nice crossing that bridge.
Ken (D&J) - Impressive display of power.

Everybody have a great day and a good week ahead. Maybe Spring will finally take hold even in Wisconsin and Montana.

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back