Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
< Resumed

Good morning early afternoon or whatever you call it....anyways my interview was a breeze. Not much can be said going from one beverage company to another. But all things said it's now the waiting game. Not really wanting to bug them too much. Anyways photo ops today. Like I said earlier. I don't discriminate against any of the Chessie roads. I have a B&O GP38 in Chessie paint sitting in the engine house as well. And well I have a C&O U-boat chase as well.
931f0e0b754a920db2e7a22c6ba05eb1.jpg
cc9c34cd95149583ff945a975bb6a758.jpg

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Justin: Referring to multiple road names in a train I seen several different locomotives coupled together on the old SP/D&RGW and now BNSF tracks running North and South through the San Joaquin Valley in Fresno and Madera and areas to the North. So what your doing is nothing more than shifting units around from one location to another to deliver them back to their home yards, if that's the correct way to put it?

QUOTE=new guy;457723]Hope all is well with everybody. The pain recedes at a glacial pace, hunkered down and waiting for the day I don't hurt anymore. Please get the shingles vaccine if you have had chicken-pox and are over 50. I'll check back in a month or so if it stops hurting. Bad, bad, very, bad attitude from the constant pain, I'll come back when I got a more positive outlook and maybe some track photos, all please have an excellent fall.

Happy Rolling.[/QUOTE]

Say Bruce: When my mother developed the Shingles I put several treatments of, 'Super Blue Stuff'/'Blue Goo', both have Menthol to ease the pain, on them and they went away in about a week as I recall.

Hi gang
Just checking in, my 2 weeks in hell is almost over, and SWMBO is back home from the realtors convention,,,,just 2 more 12 hour shifts and I can relax,,,,,,,but the next one starts in 8 hours!:eek:

Say Karl: Being that you've been there, 'What is Hell Like'? LoL

Good morning. 73 and clear. Heat and rain in store in p.m..
Thanks for all the concern Almost back to normal. Even my trains are running, on both levels.
Coffee almost ready.
Blessings and Prayers for all.
Phil

Say Phil: Glad to hear your operating your trains again!

Good morning. Starting off at 39 degrees with rain. Sure is nice to see that rain as it is probably the first decent rainfall we have seen in almost 2 months. The high for the day is supposed to only be in the mid 40's with a Winter Weather Advisory out until noon tomorrow. Some of the higher passes have had snow fall, but with the warm temps we have had, it is not accumulating on the driving surfaces. Hope this moist weather helps with the wild fires. Temps are forecast to be up into the 60's next week. Looks like summer is over up here.

Here's my rail picture for the day.

View attachment 63147

Later

Chet: That picture is very interesting in that the rail is elevated above the ties. I would assume to allow for easier/more water run off?

I hope all have a good day and weekend ahead.

Say Joe: I apologize, I left you out and want to thank you for inquiring about me too. I'm rather anxious to see the progress your making on your layout. I know you've got to be faster than me. Well maybe, you have had a lot of time consuming things happen to you too!

I hope all is well with you?

Good morning. It's cloudy and 68.
It's my day off, we're out camping, and I just got called in to work...

I guess "Find New Roads" is what happens when you use the integrated navigation system in new Chevys... :(

Good Morning All. 75° and clear to start the day. Cooled off a bit yesterday, only 94°...more of the same until Thursday when it will drop to the upper 80's. Not happy with the grocery/beer trek yesterday, grocery store is much more crowded on Friday than on my usual Thursday trip. Prettier young ladies on Thursday as well. Gave the grill a rest yesterday and prepared Italian sausage and homemade spaghetti sauce for supper. Today is roasted chicken in the crockpot.
Out in the train shed yesterday, I started making more trees, some for the scene that I am currently working on, some for the "tree stash"; since I have all of the materials lined up. At some point, I may have to try out those "Super Trees" that several of you have posted pictures of. Seems like they make great foreground trees but are a pain to assemble. I know that Dave (logandsawman) made a video that I will have to find and look at again. Started looking ahead at another area that I have a few buildings tentatively placed and decided to re-arrange, maybe. Industries and sidings will remain, but some other stuff might fit better if I move them. No scenery there yet in an area that I built and laid track 3+ years ago. The whole area is approximately 2' x 20' and contains five industries and an engine house and service facilities. It's also home to two Downtown Deco hydrocal structures among other buildings. It looks like they will shift 2" to the left but remain in the very foreground. The whole area is on the immediate upper level right hand side of the entry door, not quite the first scene seen upon entry, but close.

I hate out of season Christmas music. Play it in December only.

Garry - Sweet photo of the Geeps. While I am about to make a forest, I hate making trees but it is a necessary evil. Kind of like soldering!
Gene - While I have not kept up with the industry since retirement, The merger occurred about a year before I retired. I was not aware that CGI had a plant in Texas though, I only knew of the one in Miami. Similarly, PGT had only the one plant in Venice FL, one about three times the size of the one that I managed. CGI was about 1/3 as big as we were. We were sending 10-12 53' trailers to Florida each week, containing approximately 5500 window/door units total. While I still worked there we used mostly our own blue trailers adorned with the "General Aluminum" logo; or our parent company's "MIWD" trailers. They now use a third party carrier out of Winston-Salem NC.
David - Good to hear that you finally got that tractor running. It will be handy.

Everybody have a great weekend.

Willie

Where do you guys get these backdrops already done?
I could use about 14' x 2 or 3 feet of clouds like Garry has.
E.

Eric - Many companies offer them commercially. MB Klein has some on their website:
http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Scenic-Backgrounds-s/1346.htm

One of the companies that makes products that Klein sells is "Realistic Backgrounds"
http://www.realisticbackgrounds.com/

Walthers makes some under the name "Instant Horizons".
https://www.walthers.com/background-scene-24-x-36-quot-60-x-90cm-instant-horizons-tm-mountain-to-desert

Scenic Express (they make those "Super Trees) has some:
http://www.scenicexpress.com/DQCI%20Backdrops.html

There are others that I can't recall at this moment.

Willie

Where do you guys get these backdrops already done?
I could use about 14' x 2 or 3 feet of clouds like Garry has.
E.

Eric ... I use Faller brand backdrops, and modify them. Sometimes I cut out pictures and glue them on. Sometimes I paint onto them.

Good morning y'all. 71° an sunny.

Garry: Nice GP9s. They really look good.

Willie and Terry:
Just because you have a cell phone, doesn't mean you have to answer it...Caller ID is included. FWIW: My Verizon Wireless package costs me $79 / month. That includes unlimited calls, unlimited texts, free long distance, and 1GB of 4GLte. Wireless broadband, for two phones (me and the wife). My MIL, has a Verizon Land Line which offers telephone service. Caller ID, and touch tone are still an extra charge. Long Distance is still divided between In state, and interstate. A call from her to my wife, two miles away, is a intrastate long distance call, because it's out of the local calling area. Her charges for a single land line average $62 / month.

David (CA): Actually, my layout hasn't progressed much since August of last year. I'm just learning how to operate it. :rolleyes: I'm planning to extend it over the winter, to make it more interesting.

Local Weather Forecast for next Tuesday, shows this
tropical storm.png
It's going to be our turn in the bucket, as Tropical Storm Jose pays us a visit. The media is starting to foam at the mouth over this, even though most of the bad is expected to remain at sea. The previous unnamed TS, just before Harvey, garnered less than a whimper from the media, even though it dropped a lot of rain. Can't let all of y'all have all the "fun", can we? :rolleyes:

Joe, my employer is also my landlord...
The pay isn't that good, but I have a 3 bedroom house and acre of land near downtown for the price of a 1 bedroom apartment.

Curt, Willie, and Joe.... Thanks for the kind remarks about my GP7's .

Joe ... I hope the storm does not impact you too much.

Joe ... I hope the storm does not impact you too much.

Thanks Garry. Me too :rolleyes:. One thing about these storms is they are unpredictable, as we found with Irma. Time will tell. I have a few things to secure this weekend, just in case.

Joe, my employer is also my landlord...
The pay isn't that good, but I have a 3 bedroom house and acre of land near downtown for the price of a 1 bedroom apartment.

Terry: Replied to this once before, then the message disappeared for some reason. Actually, that's not a bad deal, as long as it's not abused. I know a one bedroom apartment would crimp my style, so...I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Where I worked, a weekend off was a rare event. More than once, I made plans, just to end up being called back, due to some "emergency". I quickly learned to not answer the phone. It was a matter of survival, and maintaining my sanity, especially when the weekend off happened once per quarter.

I don't know if this is one of those "too funny!" things or what.
But... does anyone find that just about anything they buy off ebay comes from the same seller.
I swear about everything I've ordered off ebay comes from wehonest_cn.
Everything I search for regarding train stuff certainly does. They have tons and tons of stuff in various scales and all kinds of miscellaneous electronics stuff I always seem to need. All my trees except my "Super Trees" came from them. I think all my LEDs of various configurations came from them. Their LEDs are dirt cheap compared to my usual US suppliers. Some LEDs I recently ordered are $1.50 each here compared to 8.5 cents each from them. Go figure!
E.

Afternoon All,

I've been doing chores all day (catching up) since nothing got done last week. They took much longer than I expected so no modeling today because I want to watch the Florida game and it starts in 20 minutes.

Today I got the Tichy windows in the mail. I love this company. Prices are great, they ship very quickly, and they have some of the lowest shipping costs in the hobby. I also received the fall edition of the PRRT&HS Keystone:cool:.

Garry- Nice pictures. Are you planning to join 2 bridges together something like the Feather River Gorge?

Sherrel- Happy Birthday.

Joe- Best wishes with Jose.

Eric- I have used the same vendor several times. If you do get a backdrop make sure you have some free space leading up to it. That makes it seem more realistic to my eyes. When I was just starting out I put up a backdrop (Walthers) about 1 inch from the mainline on the back of the layout. I took it down a short time later because it looked very unrealistic.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Happy Birthday Sherrel! Hope that you have many more because I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Well that's not the only reason I wish you many more.

Willie

I also received the fall edition of the PRRT&HS Keystone:cool:.

Curt: I was impressed with the article and all the photos of the Gas Electric cars in the latest Keystone. I did get to run the 4666, after it was sold to a private owner. In any event, I went on the auction site, looking for a Brass Model of one for my layout. They are available, and way out of my price limit. In fact one that was advertised as having a broken drive shaft sold for $765.00. As they say around here, Forgetaboutit!

Thanks for the good wishes. Hope it stays out in the ocean where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back