Search results

1. C

Two lights, one decoder

Can I hook 2 LED's to the "front" output light conductor of a decoder? Does it overload decoder?
  2. C

Reversing Loops

I plan to install a reversing loop and was wondering about the controller. I think Digitrax has one and Power Shield another. Anyone have experience and willing to share what works?
  3. C

Calculating Ohms

I bought a 16v 60ma AC motor. Using a needed voltage drop of 104v, I come up with about 1700 Ohm resistor. Could someone check to see if I did that right?
  4. C

Reversing Loops

I have 2 main lines. I am considering a reversing loop at the end for both tracks but i want the trains to end up on the track they started on. This would mean 2 crossovers and 2 separate reversing "machines". I can't find a video of that setup on line. What problems will I encounter? Is...
  5. C

dropping voltage

I have some old 1.5 volt, 30 ma incandescent lights I want to put on my 12 volt line. How do I calculate the resistor needed?
  6. C

Low voltage Dc lights

I got hold of some 3volt lights and want to use them but my light circuit is 12v. How can I make them work?
  7. C

12v lights

I have a fixed 12v power supply powering my city lights. They get hot. How can I cut the power down a couple volts? Will it help?
  8. C

Shedding trees

What is the best way to stop my homemade trees from shedding? I used hob-e-tac adhesive to attach the foliage to the armatures but after a few weeks they start shedding.
  9. C

Led lights

Do all led's need resistors whether dc or dcc?
  10. C

Flywheel removal

How do you loosen old flywheels to remove them from "2 ended" Athearn motor?
  11. C

Decoder question

I installed an MRC sound decoder in an older Athearn loco. The loco was running great on DC. Now it runs well but starts very poorly. I have the start voltage at max allowed (by CV setting) and I still must get up to 6 or 7 on the cab using 14 step setting. Any ideas?
  12. C

wheels lose pick-up

I bought a Walthers GP9 that has almost no run time on it. It has the "shiniest" wheels I have ever seen. It will travel nicely on my dcc track then lose contact. A very slight push and it's back running. None of my other locos, most older, have this same trouble. Is it the wheels of the...
  13. C

DCC and a turntable

I want to install an old turntable. I have been careful to wire my layout one rail to my red buss and the other to my black buss. How do I handle the polarity when the loco is turned 180 deg. on it? Can I use a double pole double throw and manually change it before I drive the loco off after...
  14. C

Sound decoder sound

I installed an MRC sound decoder. The horn and bell sound great. The prime mover sound sounds like a screaming cat. Is this normal? Is there any fix?
  15. C

Older turntable to DCC

I inherited a used DC turntable. Can it be converted to use on my DCC setup? What do I do?
  16. C

speaker location in locomotive

The directions say to put the speaker with the front facing an open area and the other side in an airtight chamber, but the picture with it appears to be the other way around. I want to locate the speaker in the grill/fan area of my locomotive. Which way?
  17. C

wiring turntable

any problem/what switching needed to convert older turntable to DCC? Not talking about motor just track polarity.
  18. C

locomotive lights

I just wired my first dcc loco, it runs well. Then i tried to install front and rear lights. I can't make them work. I'm using Prodigy Express. Any ideas? Thanks
  19. C

sound decoder

I have a Rivarossi 2-8-0 I am converting to DCC. What would be a good brand and size of sound decoder for it.
  20. C

Loosen a cyanoacrylate joint

Anyone have experience loosening a cyanoacrylate joint

Back