DCC and a turntable

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
I want to install an old turntable. I have been careful to wire my layout one rail to my red buss and the other to my black buss. How do I handle the polarity when the loco is turned 180 deg. on it? Can I use a double pole double throw and manually change it before I drive the loco off after "spinning" it?

Selector

If the TT has a split rail design, you don't need to worry about it. The split rail design reverses the polarity automatically. Otherwise, yes, you'll need either a DPDT or an automatic reverser such as the PSX-AR.

Iron Horseman

Yup three things that need DCC auto reversing units. Reverse Loops, Wyes, and Turntables, or you can use the good old manual DPDT switch. As the others have said the newer turntables are wired internally to reverse the power so if you have one of those you might not need to do anything.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.