• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: BLewis49 07-03-2015, 08:40 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

Thread Starter: bnsf971

Good morning. Do you smell that? That's fresh paint. I love the smell of fresh pint in the morning. It smells like victory.

Last Post By: Trussrod Yesterday, 10:54 PM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I started this thread in the Introduction section, but decided it really should be over here. I hope you can follow along as I start this major project from a blank basement setting to a fully sceniced model railroad with a southwestern look and UP/BNSF motive power. This is the start of a large...

Last Post By: montanan 07-01-2015, 03:11 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman 06-30-2015, 06:03 AM Go to last post
    Jody

im new here

Thread Starter: Jody

hi guys thank you for letting me join i was into the hobby back in the 70's but work and street rods and surfing led me away now that i am retired id like to get back in it but wow what big changes ive seen i have no idea if i should go DC or DCC and now that i am on a fixed income i need to take...

Last Post By: tootnkumin 07-02-2015, 08:49 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

My first layout HO scale

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hi everyone, I'm a new member who will be seeking everyone's help. The closest I got to anything "train" was walking on the rails when I was a kid. I've always been interested in having my own train model one day and that day has come. In my new house, we have a finished basement which will be...

Last Post By: new guy 06-30-2015, 01:37 PM Go to last post