Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening y'all. Still entirely too cold for the Jersey Shore. Did make it to 50 for a little while.

Bob has the temporary version of this forum up at the other site. Hope to see y'all there in the interim. Nice site.

For the rest, see ya when the site comes back up.

RDG 107706 XM 04-10-2018.jpg

<Restaurant impossible voice>

TWO MINUTES! WE'VE GOT TWO MINUTES EVERYONE!

Get those tables wiped off! Get that coffee brewing! Straighten up those chairs, we're getting ready to open right now...

Hey, were are the napkins?
Wow, what an honor to be the first to post in the new coffee shop. Guess I'll have to carve my initials into the table top with my exacto knife.

Good evening. You did a great job Bob getting the forum back up.

My rock was wet but is now turning white. Some white crap is coming down sideways with a temp of 34 degrees. I am over winter.

Justin - Out of wheels? So am I. time to order some. Nice photo on the railroad forum.

Lets see how photos download.

20180412_170613.jpg
20180412_170728.jpg

These two photos are some of the cars I got from Terry. C&O, Seaboard Air Line and the Erie Gondola, ACY and DSSand A.
20180412_170752.jpg
20180412_170823.jpg

I had the B&O car for a while. Louis was the reason I got it because he mentioned the wagon top cars which I liked and a Florida East Coast courtesy of Phil.Finally got the New Haven put together and on the layout also. A lot of cars to weather.

The last car I picked up some time in the 90's when I was visiting a club in Massachusetts. Had to pick up a club car. This is where I happened to have met George Sellios and was invited to see his layout. He only had the first part of it built at that time.

20180412_170850.jpg

Time for supper and then hunker down and see what mother nature has in store for us.

Bob - Sure am liking the photo posting. Sweet.
appl.gif

Later.

Last edited:
Looks like you have the photo thing working great!

You should really post those in a topic by themselves so it would be easier for folks to find them.

Bob - Sure am liking the photo posting. Sweet.

Later.

Thanks! You can even share YouTube videos and it's even easier.

Step 1, Paste the video URL.
Step 2, write a comment.
Step 3, hit return, you're all set!

Here's a sample:

Wow Bob, you got this up and running real fast. The photo quality is fantastic. Chet, your railroad looks even better in the new format. Curt, the wooden platform is moving along nicely, I wish I had the patience to build one board at a time. Is this platform for a station or something else?

Well that was fast, must have transferred without too many glitches. Looking good so far, I'll have to take some time and learn the ropes :D
Willis

Well Bob, it looks like The Force was "with you" this time...nice work!:cool:

I may go ahead and try to directly upload some photos here, instead of just posting links to my personal website like I normally do. First I have to gather up some new ones...

Well Bob, it looks like The Force was "with you" this time...nice work!:cool:

Thanks! I saved this site for last, since it's the busiest, and I was hoping I'd have the process down by then. I had allocated 3 days to do it, though I was hoping it wouldn't finish on Friday the 13th. :) By now, I know which sections take the longest, so I did all my prep work yesterday, backed up and optimized the old database etc. Then at 10:00 Pacific Time I started the cutover. I took about 2 hours to get the prelim stuff out of way, then got some sleep while it imported 400,000 messages. This morning I did some more work, tested, updated to the latest version, which is so new the importers aren't working for the gallery yet, and then finalized things. By now I had patterns for all of the templates and ad placement etc, as well as having all the privacy and affiliate notice stuff prepped. Even so, I surprised myself by getting done in only 18 hours!

I think we're done for now. At some point in the future, maybe a month or so, we're going to be moving to a newer server. Now that the software is up to date, I can upgrade to the latest without fear of something breaking (I hope).

WOW !!! Nicely done,thank you. And so easy ,even I had no trouble.
It's 63* and Dark. Should hit 85 under a bright sun later.
Met Curt at JON'S home I listened , like a bump on a log, as they talked about kits and different materials. Was all GREEK to me. Still was a learning session for me . I get a kick out of listening to pros bat their opinions back and forth. Just glad my rinky-dink bare ass rr works ..
Phil

Good morning, it's partly clear and 53.
Happy Friday the 13th, for all you triskadeckaiphobia sufferers out there.

Last edited:
Good Morning All. A warm 71° and cloudy. The sound of thunder is coming from the west and radar shows rain about three miles away and moving in this direction. Probably will get here before I finish this post. Expect to see 88° later today, and after any rain, the humidity will be a bitch. Today is the third day in a row with sustained winds of over 30 mph; the jumbo jets flying overhead headed out of DFW International don't even have their engines on!
Getting used to the new forum software, it's working well for me. It took a while to find the "log out" button and I spent a lot of time turning notification stuff off. The only thing that I miss is that little green arrow that allowed me to go directly to the first unread post in a thread, but maybe I just haven't found where to activate it yet. I do see the orange flag in the upper RH corner of posts identifying new posts. I haven't tried to download anything yet, but it appears to be successful for others.

Out in the train shed, I completed the Accurail covered hopper kit that I started Wednesday. This particular kit, which I have built about ten of so far, is not your run of the mil Accurail kit. There's over 25 parts and detailing is better than their kits of the 90's. They still include plastic wheels, but this one does not have those wretched dummy couplers. It has Accumate couplers which work well most of the time. I may have posted before that they offer four road numbers, but for $4, they will send a decal sheet with 12 additional numbers for those wanting a fleet. You can "cut and paste" that decal sheet into many additional combinations if 16 cars isn't enough. This particular model, a Pullman Standard (PS-2) 4750 cu ft ribside hopper, is for a car that ATSF took delivery of 1000 of, back in the years 72-73. Many were still in use around 2010, different paint scheme but still with ATSF reporting marks.

Chet - Nice additions to the fleet. Looking forward to the weathered editions.
Curt - Looking good even if progress is slow.

Thunder is louder but I still have a dry rock. Everybody have a great Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious but I am not going anywhere today anyway.

Willie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back