Running Bear's January 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon Track Gang !

Hi Francine, Flo, how are you ladies doing today here at Jeffrey Running Bears' Dinner ?

The weather here was cool this morning and a bit cloudy but cleared up to be a nice day with Temps that started out at 44 degrees Fahrenheit and went up to 58 degrees it has not dropped 56 degrees. No rain today thank goodness and tomorrow is supposed rain-free too. Wind is minimal too although I had high winds last night.

Willie: Thanks for your concern over my stopped up toilet drain line, it brought back recent memories for you too I'm sure. Well, Ridx to the rescue. Used about half a cup last night attempting to wash down with a bucket of water which only partially work yesterday night. This morning I had to use the toilet as normal and attempted to get it to flush use in a bucket of water. What a relief it went down just as it should, thank God. Relief is just Ridx away !!

I don't sleep all that well at night due to an old Left knee injury and then along with the added tension of the plugged up drain line left me rather tired so after I knew the dream line was running free again I took a long nap!

Curt: Your Tack & Feed Warehouse is coming along nicely. You're becoming quite the artisan and model Builder !!

Boris/Joe: I also appreciate all of the knowledge relate about Railroad history and workings !! It's very enjoyable as well as well as educational. It's all appreciated !

Garry: Prayers for Chelly's Mom as well as any other family.

Chet: Thanks for your input and pictures.

Louis: Your pictures are appreciated too.

Justin: Likewise, you post some really great shots too !!

Greg: I enjoy your layout shots too !!

Sherrel: Your input is also appreciated.

Good morning everyone. 38 degrees and drizzly out there.

Sorry I've missed the forum most of this week. It's been a whirlwind week for my wife and me. We flew to Chicago Monday afternoon because we wanted to go to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) hospital in Zion, north of Chicago. We wanted a second opinion on her post-op treatment. And man are we glad we went there. That is the most amazing hospital I have ever seen. If you're not familiar with CTCA, check them out. Long story short, after three days of tests and meetings with doctors and staff, the news is very good - - she will not need a hormone blocker, the course of radiation will only be 4 weeks rather than 5-6, and based on family history and various testing her chances of getting cancer again are very low and so are our daughter's. They did a simulation radiation treatment on the most modern equipment in the world, so she sill have the best machine and the best doctors working on her. So last night I flew back to Springfield and left my sweetheart of 44 years there in a really nice hotel suite (completely paid for by CTCA) and she begins radiation on Monday.

So I'm"batching" it for a few weeks. I'll go back up there once or twice just to be with her, since CTCA pays for our flights. Pray for me - - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and tomato soup are gonna get old real soon ;) More importantly, keep her in your prayers.

I'll probably stay up til midnight tonight catching up in the train room and the modeling workbench.o_O

Have a good day everyone.

Johnny: I did say a prayer for your wife a few minutes ago. Pogresso soup makes a nice variety of soup.

Louis - Like the photos but, As much as I like steam - I just really never cared for the streamlined locomotives. Don't really have a reason other than I just like the Plain-Jane, brutish approach of a non-streamlined loco.
Speaking of locos - I hate to put down our former Countrymen, but I have never seen a good looking British airplane or locomotive. They all look as if they were assembled from left over parts, or just almost finished - just plain weird. I don't mean any disrespect, its just my own preference and thoughts. The Spitfire and Hurricane are exceptions!

Sherrel, to each his own, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the modern Ford pickup trucks are weird looking, but they are number one in sales.

Don't be too concerned about offending the Brits. After my divorce and before I met my Angel I had a girl friend from Bristol, England. She made fun of us relentlessly. I learned from her that many Brits look down on us and they have pretty thick skin. Beautiful young lady, but she could be downright mean! When we broke up she told me "I hope your Christmas tree burns down". She knew my soft spots.

What do you think of this British plane? It's my favorite, It gave them a lot of bang for the buck!
1547893676331.png

de Havilland Mosquito

Last edited:
Good morning Spike Drivers & Ballast Tampers, we've got a lot of rail to lay today !

Just stopping in before before calling it a night.

One thing I forgot to mention before was that I also shop at local Dollar General store and save a considerable amount compared to the other two markets.

Have a good morning and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back