Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who remembers this?

1708190904990.png

Good evening all. A glass of apple juice please, Flo.
Dawn has been ill today, so I have been the nurse

This afternoon I have been in the train room running passenger trains. Before I finished I looked at the three clockwork locos I have. What should I do with them? Playing around I realised I could have a clockwork loco and an electric powered one together; double header. More to follow.

One of the clockwork locomotives

IMG_2960.JPG

No train today... Ikea stuff arrived.

It's farther along than this shows, but I'm taking a break to rest the back. View attachment 181233

That will go camera left on that green patch of all at the bottom of the frame.

And, yes, when assembling stuff like this, get a sorter parts tray. Sort the dowels and screws BEFORE you start assembly. So much easier to figure out if you're short something, or lost something in the process.
IKEA!!? It is supposed to be easy. In fact is designed to put together pretty easy. But do read the manual (I see it on the floor so prob. be good!)
Good luck, my advise, do not ever try to take it apart again!.

How long has it been since you had a big steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Well neighbor, that's too long.
I couldn't help myself.

A cold north wind, overcast sky, a definite train room day.

Ray - great news
Mikey - congrats to you as well
Willie - started mowing 3 weeks ago, mostly weeds though.

STAY SAFE
LATER

On doing some research I've found the loco my sister wants to send me is on eBay for the princely sum of £53 it's DCC hardwired, so this is what, a '70s maybe '80s Athearn model, I've still told her not to buy it for a couple of reasons, one it's not worth £53 in my opinion,(£25-£30 at most) so it's an old motor and mechanism and simply the state it's in.

View attachment 181279
View attachment 181280
View attachment 181281

If you look at the first two fotos, Im not sure if it's simply paint flaking or zinc rot.

However, the main reason is that my sister and BIL both live on state pensions (my sister is soon to be 71 and my BIL 75), I'd rather they spend the money on themselves or food than yet another locomotive her brother doesn't need, remember, I have close to 100 already, I already have three examples of the Sante Fe RR in their Silver/Red, Blue/Yellow and Red/Grey colour schemes.
I'd rather they spend the money on themselves
Nice words Smudge! You are a good person.

SO MANY PRIOR POSTS THAT I GIVE UP REPLYING THIS MORNING - BESIDES, I doubt anyone really wants to hear my trials.
First day of Chemo was a blast (not) - needless to say that I had almost forgotten that my body has that many holes to "LEAK" from ... They were all used and changed within the last 18 hours... pants, underware, pajamas, and sheets. There, Did I gross you out? -- DID ME!

Spent my last C Note and sent the DIL to obtain some flowers for my bride yesterday afternoon - cannot believe how much everything is anymore! I cannot complain over her. The spousal Unit has been a godsend on keeping up with my appoints, making sure that she understands what the hell is going on, and hauling my $$s all over.
NOW, that I have ruined everyone's day, I will return you to your regular programming!

TERRY - Good vibes for your next venture.

GUY - That's a winner - Make her work for those flowers!
Sherrel all the best. Some days are not that great...

My sincere thanks for all the warm comments on my good news.
I have been an official member of the forum for about 18 years and it still warms my heart how the members react to other members good or sad news of events in our lives.
I make it a priority to read the Cafe posts, even if I am 10 pages behind and it takes a couple days to read everything.
We occasionally have snarky comments, but mostly we express concern for one another. Please keep it up.

I'm actually happy with my congressional representative, Dr. Ronny Jackson; formerly the Physician to the President for both of the past two Presidents, but not the current one. My Senators are also both good, even though one of them grandstands a lot.
And remember, if the majority of the voters like them too...they get back in. In which case you can blame the voters in the other states. OTOH, as disheartening as it often is, reacting by not voting doesn't fix the problem...I'm personally guilty of that.

Everyone forgets that between elections, our "Representatives" dance to the music played by "big" interests, who contribute "big" bucks to their PACs, when elections draw near, they suddenly remember that "big" interests don't vote in their District, and they have to mingle with the masses, [or dictate to them, like a former neighbor of mine in Delaware]... Same applies at state and local levels too.

Happy Saturday! The overnight snow storm turned out to be much about nothing... It started several hours later than forecast, and ended several hours earlier than forecast. Temperatures were warmer than predicted. I only had to clear the half of a driveway that never sees the sun shine, then treat the whole driveway to discourage re-freeze.

Today is Hockey Day on ABC TV, Hulu, and ESPN+. Three games, culminating with the Flyers vs. Jersey outdoors at Met Life Stadium in the Jersey Meadowlands. Tomorrow, the two NY teams the Isles and Rangers cross the river to play at 3PM...Welcome to Jersey!

I'm spending much of the afternoon in the train room, working on the layout and clearing the clutter.

Got the results back from my ECHO C. I downloaded them plus the two previous ECHO C tests, back in December 2022, and January and February 2023. At a glance, each reviewing Doctor has a different interpretation. I was already informed that my Cardiologist will go over the results when I see him in March, unless he sees something that requires immediate attention....Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back