Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Saturday morning gang!

We got a few inches of white stuff over night, but the ground was warm enough to keep the roads from getting messy. Drove the wife's car in for its 60,000 mile service today. I'm not doing it, I'd rather pay one of the "kids" in the shop. I'll sit at the front desk, push paper and drink coffee!

Ray, glad to hear they had success, but it sounds like you got roughed up a bit!
And this is a horse:

View attachment 181438

using the wrong name for something doesn't change what it is. :p
Oh dats wicked funny!! 😁 True too, especially in the case of the alphabet people.

There's no shortage of dumb people in New York. The only thing holding me here is my wife otherwise I'd be long gone.
Swal

It is not just New York, it's a universal condition, the North East just has a higher concentration of them.

BBL

Morning folks

7F earlier but has warmed up to a pleasant 10F. There is about 6" of new white awaiting relocation efforts. Maybe put it on a bus to NY. Seems to be the "in" thing these days.

I did get a bit of paint ordered yesterday. Now, if I can still hold the airbrush steady---

A few recently scanned photos of Montana scenery from a 1981 backpack trip through the Beartooth Mountains. That one was 70 something miles from Cooke City out to Lake Fork Rock Creek above Red Lodge and about 70% off-trail through some relatively rugged terrain.
53529551431_23d849ed4b_b.jpg

53529704128_c8dcdf96eb_b.jpg

53528649662_ab88f03c66_b.jpg

53529735043_12c6f60274_b.jpg

53529546806_614234de29_b.jpg
That is just gorgeous. I was in Montana last year and for me it's a haul about three days driving. Tempted to make my yearly western trek back to Big Sky country again this year and spend more time in Glacier National Park.

Sorry, but the current potential Son in Law hails from the land of the Boilermaker...

and this appears to the be the standard for Purdue tailgating... That said, this is indiana, go a few tailgates over, and you'll find an entirely new recipe:

• 2 pounds ground beef chuck
  • 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
  • 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
  • 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1 tablespoon bacon bits
  • 4 cubes beef bouillon
  • ½ cup beer
  • ¼ cup chili powder, or more to taste
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips (such as Fritos®)
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese

I'm fairly certain that blood pressures all across the state of Texas have skyrocketed reading those ingredients.

I leave out the fritos, sugar, hot sauce, W sauce, beer, celery and change the spices up.
I think you forgot to add "two breaths of venomous spider"to that. I don't even think an atom bomb had this many ingredients 😆😉

USPS tracking is defiantly not an exact science. Even though it says delivery for tomorrow, there's still a chance it could rattle around the Chicago black hole for a couple more days. Usually when it hits ST. Louis it will be here next day, but if it gets routed to Chicago, all bets are off!
Totally agree. If Chicago‘s distribution center shows up it’s another 3 days. I mail from Verona, Wi. and 100% of the time it goes to Milwaukee and they decide next. West of the Mississippi River can go to either Minneapolis or St. Louis and the dates they put on the tracking have been very accurate. East of Mississippi River and if it hits Chicago anything is possible! I add 3 days but still send a copy of the tracking info. I would say 30% of my stuff though for some reason hits St. Louis and travels east from there and it’s very accurate. Why would Milwaukee send stuff 340 miles away to St. Louis when Chicago distribution is less than 100 miles away? The mysteries of the USPS and they probably drive bye on the way to St Louis the Chicago Center

Let me know what you find.

I'm at the point that I'm about to start shipping signed paperbacks by the author from my webstore. But ONLY to the USA. I can do one or two books in bubble envelopes, but more than that and I should do a box. Knowing how the posties like to bend stuff, I should do 1 book in a box, but...

My books are 6x9 inches, and two books are about an inch high.
I wonder if these would work?
IMG_4382.png

In the midwest, this is Chili

Not the Texas Chili Con Carne

And my wife said it was yummy, especially with the leftover cornbread from our chuck roast night

View attachment 181434

According to one of my sisters, it's "Chili-mac" because it has noodles (Rotini)

According to my wife, it's Chili...

Found this online, so you know it's true! <snark> But it does a good job of highlighting the differences...

I agree with your sister, that’s a chili-mac

Yahooo!
I got some good news and had to share.
I completed 28 radiation beam treatments for prostate cancer about fours weeks ago. The doctor told me that my PSA count was not detectable, which means the cancer is in complete remission.
Of course, I have follow up checks every few months, but this is a load off my mind.
I just hope several others from here can make similar statements soon.
Congrats

Got home Thursday evening, somewhat longer than the mentioned time. The op took longer and wasn't done till the Tuesday arvo. The first valve put in didn't perform properly so had to be removed and replaced, finished up with a Bovine one., encased in an expanded metal mesh frame. Mostly done while at least partly conscious, but I've got some big bruises on both arms, neck and groin. Just taking it easy. See my GP this weekend and go from there.
You were somewhat awake? Holy sh..! That is crazy.

But, if does good things for you it doesn’t matter how the procedure was handled. Be well…

There's no shortage of dumb people in New York. The only thing holding me here is my wife otherwise I'd be long gone.
Swal
Several years ago, an acquaintance of mine closed his NYC-based business, and moved to Texas, where he started a completely different business.
To this day, NYC continues trying to force him to renew all his business licenses, despite the fact it's been probably 3 years or more since he closed the business. And they won't take "this business no longer exists" as an excuse.

Totally agree. If Chicago‘s distribution center shows up it’s another 3 days. I mail from Verona, Wi. and 100% of the time it goes to Milwaukee and they decide next. West of the Mississippi River can go to either Minneapolis or St. Louis and the dates they put on the tracking have been very accurate. East of Mississippi River and if it hits Chicago anything is possible! I add 3 days but still send a copy of the tracking info. I would say 30% of my stuff though for some reason hits St. Louis and travels east from there and it’s very accurate. Why would Milwaukee send stuff 340 miles away to St. Louis when Chicago distribution is less than 100 miles away? The mysteries of the USPS and they probably drive bye on the way to St Louis the Chicago Center
Thankfully it didn't go to Chicago. As of 5:50 this morning they were 6 blocks from my house.

It went from St Louis to Peoria (that's a new one).

Any luck i should have them in a couple of hours.

There's still time for them to screw it up though!

Wow, I was here Friday morning but didn’t check back in until now. A prolific 4 page Friday for the diner and I hope Flo made some great tips

Picked Terry and Crew up at the airport. American Airlines was conveniently 40 minutes late getting to the gate. I went to the op session last night and Terry took the grandson to the Women’s hockey on campus. The border battle between Wisconsin and Minnesota is always an exciting tough physical game. In overtime the #2 Badgers beat the #5 ranked Gophers. They do it again at 2pm today.

The op session was fun. The first official session and it went extremely well. 14 trains and 2 major yards being worked in a 3 hour period. The layout operated flawlessly. He has been testing for 6 months. Fully signaled and controlled by the dispatcher. Still a plywood Pacific but it’s set up to handle some great Idaho scenery. Over 100 locomotives and 500 pieces of rolling stock. His couplers were unreal. They joined up with barely a touch. All Kadee of course but he is going to send me how he tweaks them. I was informed this was a steam and 1st generation diesel operation but around 6 months ago he decided to go modern equipment. A young guy, lower 30’s with 1 and 4 year old kids. How he has time for trains is beyond my thinking

Hockey this afternoon and after that will be an early dinner out. I have not decided yet to attend the local Mad City train show. I saw 3 weathering clients at the op session last night from the Northeastern Wisconsin train club. I truly don’t need anything at this time that I cannot live without. I may re-evaluate this decision tomorrow morning. There will be 2 new layouts I have not seen before. That may alone get me to go…

enjoy the day

RAY - That is amazing! I'm sure that they beat you up pretty well!
Are you going to be able to MOOOO?

MIKEY - Nothing short of fabulous for sure - many happy returns.

OUT HERE, The Dumasses are in mass attendance - they outnumber greatly!

Onward with the Chilli wars - getting interested.

Morning folks

No rain, no snow, and Mother Nature failed in her attempt to put us in negative temperature numbers. Close though, currently 1.6F degrees and crystal clear, with the caveat you don't look at the valley bottom where all the wood smoke accumulates.

Yesterday was largely consumed moving snow but I might actually get some time at the bench today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back