Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

What?

Someone is confused as I didn't advocate renaming anything.
shrug2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Im for keeping the name, lets keep Running Bear alive in this forum. Jeffery may not have thought he was worthy of it, but we do, and continue to do so. Rest in peace Jeffery,

No Coffee Shop name change...

Im for keeping the name, lets keep Running Bear alive in this forum. Jeffery may not have thought he was worthy of it, but we do, and continue to do so. Rest in peace Jeffery,
Read my post above. There IS NO name change going on. The "Coffee Shop" name was changed LAST APRIL.

Jeffery gave me the idea to redo the handrails on my Lifelike GP20 with a black permanent marker because the plastic they are made of is well known for not holding paint very well. The model run that I have came with grey handrails and the Burlington diesels had black. This bothered me because I didn't want flaking handrails but what was the alternative?

Well, Jeffery was talking about doing a patch job for the L&A's latest road unit and he had used a permanent marker. This wasn't the first time he had described his use of a marker but it was at a time when I had been pondering my choices of what to do about my handrail problem.

Then the light went on in my head. I took the handrails off, got out my marker and started coloring. I let it dry and gave one a rub. The color stayed on the handrail and not on my hand.........almost like an M&M.

I put the handrails on, took some pictures and posted them on the Forums with a big thank you to Jeffrey for the idea. I had overlooked something as simple as a marker because I just knew this was a big problem and would require a fancy solution. Thanks to Jeffrey I learned otherwise.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=213&attachmentid=37833

It was Jeffrey who convinced me to install a Z scale decoder in a P2K SW7 when its original NCE decoder failed and none of the LHS in my region had an exact replacement. It's still in there to this day!

Jeffreys' Memorial Service

Lael Alston - Jeffreys' little sister, as she puts it, wanted me to let every one know about his Memorial service.

This is the information she sent:
Please let everyone who knew Jeffrey know his memorial service will be held at:

Labby Memorial Funeral Home in
Leesville, La at 11:00 am on December 23, 2014.

And i thank everyone for there responses. This as been a big help to me.

In appreciation,

Lael

Ps: I also posted this info on Lousis's thread honoring Jeffrey.

Back in April when we decided to honor Jeffrey by naming our "Coffee Shop" threads after him, he responded to me with reluctance saying he didn't think of himself as being worthy of the honor. After a couple more PMs, he agreed. The last thing he said about the name change was "I feel honored that this is being done. There are tears on my face as I type this."
I'm not trying to make anyone feel worse than they already do but I didn't feel it was appropriate to post this info back then as I didn't know how he would feel about divulging his reply. Now, I feel it is time that all members here know it as he was truly honored by our name change.

hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Thank Bob for posting Bob,
I'm sure all here appreciate hearing about this.

I too shed some tears over the news of Jeffreys' passing away.

Sorry Louis, I don't have any Christmas-decorated trains of my own to share.

However, I did find another '13' unit to add to MILW's collection:

bo4613gea.jpg

B&O 4613 at Sterling, OH 06/66 - GPE photo on rr-fallenflags.org

Not much going on here, just trying to be productive in my last hour at the office...

Nice one Ken, a very basic paint scheme...
Here's IC's and NYC's 4013's....

2%20NTH.IC%204013%20%204-25-54_zpslwzxswzr.jpg

7129.1341460067_zpsi2vr8odi.jpg

Good morning to you all....have a pleasant day everyone!

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Thu 12/18/14.

Chance of snow with a high of 29. No agenda yet for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Good Morning Everybody!

36 with clear skies in southeast Baltimore, but it feels colder then that to me!

Only 1 week left until Christmas and its already the 3rd day of Hanukkah. Happy Hanukkah.

When I light our Advent Candles I think of my sister Theresa who passed away this time of year, 8 years ago and now I also think of Jeffery, I imagine I will always.

There are many candles burring all over the world, Jeffery's sister should be happy about that.

But now I have some grandsons to think of and I need to keep working on Christmas.

PC241536.jpg

Christmas is the promise of eternal life and hope.

Enjoy the Holiday season and have a great day everybody!

Good morning America, from frozen Fulton County, Illinois. It's 19° right now with a few scattered snow flurries this morning and a forecast high of 30° and a little bit of sunshine this afternoon. We've seen the sun about four days this month. Ready to go back to Arizona NOW! Did I ever mention the fact that my wife and I really, really, really dislike cold weather?

Google "Labby Funeral Home", and there is one in Leesville and one in DeRidder. ... There is a street address for each. I would use the Leesville address based on what has been said.

Jeff has been such a good friend to all of us.

Bill T ... I liked your idea of posting Old Glory at half mast.

On this date, over 20 years ago, my father passed away. Also today is my oldest daughter's birthday.

As a railroad employee in Michigan for many years, I took the family to the annual Santa Claus train. You can see my oldest daughter and my oldest son when they were little in these photos. The Bicentennial locomotive at the head of the train in Pontiac, MI dates the photo to 1976.

SantaTrain1_zps8e2989be.jpg

SantaTrain2_zps3f8ceef6.jpg
SantaTrain3_zps7a14254a.jpg
SantaTrain4_zps0839b318.jpg

Back