Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

It's almost Christmas, and I don't know if I will bother turning on the computer this weekend, so I'll post a few more pictures of the Canadian Pacific Christmas train.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even if I don't turn on the computer, I will be watching on TapTalk.

Well, Friday is almost over. Bowling league tonight. The beer will taste extra good tonight

Here's my parting picture. Back in the day, meals served on the railroads were exquisite. We used to travel by train on a fairly regular basis and I always looked forward to meal time in the dining car. What amazed me was how they could turn out such fantastic meals in the confines of the kitchens in the dining cars. This picture is if a Union Pacific dining car, which was a pretty standard kitchen. Great meals.

attachment.php

Evening All,

Been missing the last 2 days fighting a cold. Last Friday when our eldest grandson was here sick, he passed it on to MOH and she passed it on to me. Today was the last day of school here for Christmas break. All the pictures have been great..Never too much Pennsy!

The CP holiday train is awesome looking.

I hope everybody has a good night.

Good evening. 29*F, clear and calm in central MD. Mil, excellent picture of that B&O Pacific - I guess they didn't have to be moving to belch out a ton of smoke!

Scheduled to do train duty at my club's holiday expo tomorrow from 10:00am to 1:30pm. I'll be running my old CSX motive power and rolling stock from that era, since I don't want to disturb the B&O stuff on my layout or wear it out.

I just posted a link to Jeffrey's obituary on the "Goodbye" thread that Louis started. As soon as I pasted-in the URL and clicked the Save button, the link had a smiley icon right in the middle of it! Bizzarre...I wonder if Jeffrey slipped it in as a practical joke to let us know he's ok? Nevermind...it's almost midnight and I've been up since 4:00am, sleep deprivation does strange things to one's mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
COFFEE_REFILL.png

Good Morning! Today is Sat 12/20/14.

Light snow with a high of 33. It's the weekend!

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Everybody

32 with clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

Last Saturday before Christmas. I am still not done and I am behind schedule, but I won't let that or anything dampen my Christmas Spirit.

I will honor my friend Jeffery and follow his example, no matter what happens, stay positive and do your best.

Enjoy the Holiday Season Everybody

I just posted a link to Jeffrey's obituary on the "Goodbye" thread that Louis started. As soon as I pasted-in the URL and clicked the Save button, the link had a smiley icon right in the middle of it! Bizzarre...I wonder if Jeffrey slipped it in as a practical joke to let us know he's ok? Nevermind...it's almost midnight and I've been up since 4:00am, sleep deprivation does strange things to one's mind...

Ken I thought something similar. Either way I know Jeffery will enjoy that. Thank you again for posting the link.

I was feeling a little down and that is not like me. I needed something to pick me up.

I looked again at my picture of the Christmas Tree my youngest grandson decorated for my layout last year. Then I thought I should share this again along with a picture I took of him after he finished the tree. Maybe somebody else could use couple of happy pictures. He was only 4 at the time and as you will see in the picture he is very happy and proud of his effort.

PC241541.jpgAyden.jpg

Morning gang!

Working on the garage today, hope the drywall sanding gets done, a little paint on the back wall, then hang cabinets tomorrow?? Maybe??:rolleyes:

I hope everyone has had a chance to leave a note on the funeral homes website for Jeffrey. It will be a comfort to his family to let them know how well thought of he was.

gotta get crackin,,,catch y'all later!

wm1211sa.jpg

I prefer diesels to steam engines, but 113 and Karl those are some fantastic locomotives! Thanks for sharing them with us.

I've always been more of a steam guy Louis, but....I do love 1st and 2nd generation diesels nonetheless....

Santa Fe 2-10-4 #5013...

IMG_20141220_141134_zpsvurp9oec.jpg

113 The GPs are my favorites among others.

Here is a picture of my Lionel GP 20. When I was a young I drooled over this locomotive in the store, but I cold not afford Lionel on a paper boys wages. Tyco and Life-Like fit my budget. My daughter bought me a Lionel Polar Express set in November 2012 and that kicked off my obsession. After I built a permanent layout in January 2013 I found this on eBay and I had to have it. I know you understand how that goes!
8463 Lionel GP20.jpg
My name is Louis and I am addicted to trains and loving it!

Back