Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
THIS IS THE NEW PLACE.

POUR_COFFEE1-Copy.png

Good Morning! Today is Tue 12/16/14.

Wet with a high of 45. I'll be going to Kokomo today.
BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

REST IN PEACE - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Howdy! Thanks Bill. Coffee smells just right. Where's the toaster? Brought packs of Cranberry English Muffins.
Trying to act normal but there seems to be a VOID-someone missing at the counter.

Flip

Good Morning Everybody.

Thank you for the flag at half mast Bill

38 with fog in southeast Baltimore,

113 I think we have our weather mixed up and that picture of the railway to heaven was fantastic, thank you.

Flip I am trying to do the same, normal for me anyway, what ever that is.

As Jeffery would say "don't take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive"

Enjoy the Holiday Season Everybody and have a great day.

Morning all. 17 degrees this morning. Plenty of snow on the ground. Already on my third cup of coffee.

Looks like the dawn of a new coffee house. Thanks for getting it started Bill.

attachment.php

Good Morning. 34° and overcast this morning.

You're right Flip there is a void here. Nice tribute, Bill.

Have a great day.

Joe

20 and cloudy. ALL the snow melted yesterday, it got up to 41, and then we got 2 inches of new stuff overnight along with a drastic drop in temps, so it was spring for about 9 hours and now it is back to winter.

Normal for Minnesota.

It's about time to start heading home. Got up to 31 degrees, but couldn't break the freezing point.

Here's a picture of one of my favorite active steam railroads, the Cumbres & Toltec. We have enjoyed riding on it many times. If you ever get near southern Colorado, don't miss it.

attachment.php

I'll be heading home pretty soon as well, here is one of my favorite box cars and a cow that looks like she is thinking about the train:

100_1019.jpg

Hi, guys.
Nice touch with the flag, Bill.
Had a thaw here, too David. Couple inches overnite and now 20f ,windy and freezing misty stuff.
Cool pic, Montanan.
Terry in NW Wisconsin

Evening All,

Put down ground cover in the new area today. Youngest grandson spent the day here...again...for misbehaving...again. I have decided that I am going to name the new area I am working on to "Running Bear Pass". Tomorrow I will probably ballast, I only have about 6 foot to do. After that is the finishing landscaping to do like grasses and trees.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt- What is the probability that he misbehaves just so he can be with you/and the trains????

Picures of pike before and after- PLEASE.

Flip

Phil- When he is here for being bad, he sits on his bed and is only allowed to read until picked up by his Mom after school. I will post pictures when I am done because I am embarrassed to say I did not take any progress pictures like my last project.:(

BUNN_COFFEE.png

Good Morning! Today is Wed 12/17/14.

Partly cloudy, colder with a high of 32. Nothing planned yet for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Good morning to everyone,
It's a fairly cool wet morning here in Coarsegold. Per WW it's: 46.0 °F - feels like 45 °F, Humidity is 99% according to WW but it's raining fairly heavily out side so it must be 100%! Supposedly Winds are from the ENE at 3.2 but I rally don't see any indication of that the way the rain is falling. If it keeps raining like this I may well get 2" even later this morning. It's not the heaviest rain I ever seen but it coming down very good! I'll really see how my roof repair job is now! Keeping my fingers crossed.

= = = =

On the railroading front I found that the method I used to somewhat secure the Universal to the Jack Shaft assembly end, [the shaft and two worm gears] that drive the gears on the axel of the wheels, was slipping as the shaft was highly polished so I figured the simplest way to resolve the situation was to add some splines to it by using an the point of an exacto knife to form a shallow grove on the end of the shaft. So I again put more Hobby Tack in the cups of the Universal drive piece and I'll again slip the universal on the shaft to see hoe it holds? Actually though I remembered that my machinist friend, Ken Barnhart showed me to use the flat edge of a file with the cutting groves running straight across it and place the shaft end on a solid surface like the flat part on the back of a vice and press down on the file and roll it forward till most or all of the shaft end has splines pressed into it. This should then really give the cup of the universal as well as the HT something to hang on to.

It's after 1:00 Am, so I think I'll continue this later on this morning.

Talk with you again.

Good Morning everybody,

40 with clear skies in south east Baltimore.

8 days until Christmas! Where did this year go?

Have a great day and enjoy the holiday season everybody!

Back