Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

Good morning to all (good?). 27 degrees and snow flurries this morning.

Another day. Still miss Jefferies input each day.

Here's a dinner train we enjoyed a great meal on a few years back. Don't get to California very ofter, in fact try to avoid it, but in this case, it was worth it.

attachment.php

There are a number of dinner trains across the country and whenever possible, we will try to visit them. Guess the dinner train in Bardstown, KY that Garry mentioned a couple of weeks ago will have to go on the list of dinner trains to visit.

10 degrees this morning but I think the sun will shine today!! It has been about a week I think since it has poked through.

A few things going on in the office but with construction season over there is a lot less going on here.

8 days until Christmas! Where did this year go?

Tell me about it! I still have to get the wife something and she hasn't been the greatest at giving me ideas, and now I'm running out of time.

The Temp here has been whipsawing up and down from the mid to high forties (practically spring for Milwaukee) to the low twenties today. No snow on the ground about which I will not complain :D

Friday is the last work day until January 5, and I'm itching to get to the workbench. I have several projects needing finished for other folks, and I'd like to do a couple for myself!

Yeah it's quiet in here, but let's not let it deteriorate to a pall over the new place. Jeffrey would not like that! The best way to remember him is to keep the place jumping, what do you say?

How about a couple of 4-8-0's? One's mine, the other I painted for a friend/client. Guess which one is mine :p

Als4-8-0005_zps063e5696.jpg

4-8-0threequarterview_zps61d3bdcd.jpg

Nice photos Alan. I can't guess which is yours, but I prefer the one on the bottom. I custom painted a very similar locomotive for a friend in Great Falls who model the GN. Don't know if I could tear down brass locomotives like I used to years ago. It's a bi**h getting old.

Tell me about it! I still have to get the wife something and she hasn't been the greatest at giving me ideas, and now I'm running out of time.

How about a couple of 4-8-0's? One's mine, the other I painted for a friend/client. Guess which one is mine :p

Als4-8-0005_zps063e5696.jpg

4-8-0threequarterview_zps61d3bdcd.jpg

Alan It sounds like your wife is like mine. Finding out what she wants is no easy task, but hopefully your wife is also like mine and will like what ever you buy.

Your quiz is too easy, it's the first one.

Yeah it's quiet in here, but let's not let it deteriorate to a pall over the new place. Jeffrey would not like that! The best way to remember him is to keep the place jumping, what do you say?

I agree, how about some holiday trains. Here is one from last year.

PC241540.jpg

Sorry Louis, I don't have any Christmas-decorated trains of my own to share.

However, I did find another '13' unit to add to MILW's collection:

bo4613gea.jpg

B&O 4613 at Sterling, OH 06/66 - GPE photo on rr-fallenflags.org

Not much going on here, just trying to be productive in my last hour at the office...

Good morning to all (good?). 27 degrees and snow flurries this morning.

Another day. Still miss Jefferies input each day.

Here's a dinner train we enjoyed a great meal on a few years back. Don't get to California very ofter, in fact try to avoid it, but in this case, it was worth it.

attachment.php

There are a number of dinner trains across the country and whenever possible, we will try to visit them. Guess the dinner train in Bardstown, KY that Garry mentioned a couple of weeks ago will have to go on the list of dinner trains to visit.

Ahh yes, the Napa Valley wine train. I have the HO version of the AA locos (one is a dummy) but they are F7's as well as the four cars and the delivery truck, a tank car and a box car. Took a lot of time to find them as it was a limited run probably 20 years ago. All Athearn stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Louis, I don't have any Christmas-decorated trains of my own to share.

However, I did find another '13' unit to add to MILW's collection:

bo4613gea.jpg

B&O 4613 at Sterling, OH 06/66 - GPE photo on rr-fallenflags.org

Not much going on here, just trying to be productive in my last hour at the office...

No need to be sorry Ken, I love that picture!

Back in April when we decided to honor Jeffrey by naming our "Coffee Shop" threads after him, he responded to me with reluctance saying he didn't think of himself as being worthy of the honor. After a couple more PMs, he agreed. The last thing he said about the name change was "I feel honored that this is being done. There are tears on my face as I type this."
I'm not trying to make anyone feel worse than they already do but I didn't feel it was appropriate to post this info back then as I didn't know how he would feel about divulging his reply. Now, I feel it is time that all members here know it as he was truly honored by our name change.

hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Not that anybody asked me, but I think we should retain the name of the coffee shop.

I've mentioned on a couple other forums I belong to along with Running Bear, about the possibility of taking up a collection and making a donation to, say diabetes research, in his name. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing that Bill. I agree with Terry, that we should retain the name, and the memories that go with the name.

Louis, love the trains under the tree where they belong. I also like the photo of the C&O "Chessie" Hudson from the B&O Museum. That is one awesome machine. Too bad it doesn't run under it's own power any longer. Ken, in retrospect, the B&O "Sunburst" scheme was the ultimate B&O diesel scheme.

Today was our 37th wedding anniversary, also the 6th anniversary of my retirement from Amtrak. Man, time flies, doesn't it?

Joe

I like your thinking Terry, maybe an online means of making donations would make it easy.

One of the biggest problems people like our Jeffery face is the cost of eating healthy. Unfortunately foods high in calories are inexpensive. I remember Jeffery once saying he had $16 left in food stamps for the rest of the month. If I remember correctly he had a week yet to go. You can't buy much fresh fish, chicken breast or vegetables with $16

I wish I had an answer for that problem, but increased benefits to the people in need are not popular.

Back