Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a new experience for the books. Wii bowling with 3 blue haired 90 year old ladies. Too funny.
They have horrible timing releasing the ball. They threw several back in the crowd and the crowd avatars all jump up in the air. Too damm funny!!!!!
I had 4 strikes and come in 2nd right behind winning. We played foursome.
I'll have to try that more often!!!
E.

You should try Raving Rabbids...

Good evening.

I'll continue posting via iPhone until the red screen problem is solved.That will mean I won't post any photos and I will be brief for the time being.

Louis... it is good to see the photo of the liberty ship under construction and also the photo of the B&O 4-4-0.

Sherrel ... thanks for the photo of the Frisco locomotives.

Chet. ... I think we should study your latest track photo and then strive for realist colours of the rail, ties, and ballast.

Terry ... again I thank you for contacting Bob regarding the red screen virus. Has he replied to you about how much time is needed to fix it?

Eric... it is good of you to entertain the elderly women playing Wii.

Karl.. interesting to learn your experience with Wii. I played the bowling game a few years ago and had fun.

Cheers, everybody!

Wii bowling with 3 blue haired 90 year old ladies. Too funny.

Phonetically, that conjures up some strange mental pictures. Is that an "oldies" version of spitting on your hands???

Evening All ...
GARRY - Came upon this - Maybe you have not seen it?

burlington.jpg

Evening Track Gang,

I've got a cold of some kind and lacking the energy I need. I went to drive my tractor down to get the mail rather than walk but when I climbed up on it and turned the key, nothing. It unused in its metal building for the whole month of Aug. and much of Sept due to the hot weather so I guess the new battery just drained down. I'll have to put the charger on it tomorrow.

The malware bug caused a double posting of my previous.

Greg

Greg: That's something I have happen to me quite often as well as being told I need to wait 30 seconds between posts when I just posted one post for the first time?? The system is nutz!

Good evening.

I'll continue posting via iPhone until the red screen problem is solved.That will mean I won't post any photos and I will be brief for the time being.

Chet. ... I think we should study your latest track photo and then strive for realist colours of the rail, ties, and ballast.

Cheers, everybody!

Garry: I think your right to some extent, but think most of us don't allow for enough variation in tie color to show some that are weathered fairly badly or ballast colors to denote different areas where ballast was obtained as I would think the railroads used whatever rock was available in many areas.

I know that on my Class 1 line that is definitely the case so even I have to be careful not to use too much of the same ballast in all areas. I guess that's why I haven't been too quick to put any down. Some variation in ballast colors would also make the layout seem larger as your going from one area to another.

In fact I plan to have some ties sunk in the mud as the only ballast is dirt. That's especially true on logging lines. I have a picture I'll try and remember to post a picture of an old Climax Loco from the Wood Acme Lumber Co in the woods somewhere and those ties are almost all burried in the dirt! I have to get another battery for my cell pone and It's almost impossible to find.
When I do I take a picture of it and post it. But of coarse, that not a main line but still I sure there must be variation in ballast from local to local.

Have a good evening and morning.

Hey Terry,
Is my Santa Fe GP-38 DCC with sound one I got from you?
I've had it doing laps for the last 30 minutes or so.
If so do you remember if the headlight works?
Which key toggles it off and on?
E.

Hey Terry,
Is my Santa Fe GP-38 DCC with sound one I got from you?
I've had it doing laps for the last 30 minutes or so.
If so do you remember if the headlight works?
Which key toggles it off and on?
E.
Front headlight works, the rear one was removed to make room for the speaker. Function 0 turns it on and off.

Good Morning All. 72° and clear skies this morning. This warmer than normal is supposed to continue for three more days. After about a week earlier in the month, I have had to return to having the A/C on at night instead of opening the bedroom windows. The plus side is that I am still able to use the swimming pool for a few more days. Probably through Wednesday.
Spent time yesterday in the train shed finishing up some details on structures that are going to reside in the next portion of the layout that I am about to scenic. Some of them didn't get window treatments when I built them. I am scratch building some electric meters, garden hoses, potted plants for the porches, and stuff to fill the yards. Deciding on driveway locations and some additional fences as well. All four of the houses that I intend to use are clapboard style, two are laser-cut wood and two are plastic and some weathering will be applied to them all. I need to build some firewood piles for all that have chimneys.

Greg - That flat car derailing could be due to lack of weight. Unless they have a metal underframe or a load topside, they are generally under the NMRA recommended weight.
Eric - Smaller rural motorcycle dealers generally carry more than one brand of bike. Having Harley's and Indians at the same place years ago was acceptable.
Sherrel - The pictures in both posts enlarged for me, although the second one was much larger.

I know that Bob is working on it, but I am still having issues with this website. I'm not getting the red screen any more, but my Internet security program will not allow me to even visit...I have to turn it off, and then turn it back on when I log off. I am going to try a different browser when I get time to see if the results are the same.

Everybody have a great day and today is the first full day of autumn.

Willie

Willie - Yes, both pic did enlarge, but the second one (clicked on twice) really expands out large! That is what I was looking for.
When most folks view a layout they do not think about - or really see -all the details that you mentioned, but those details are what really makes a scene stand out! You are going to be busy.
I have had ZERO problems with using EDGE - I just hate to have to "shift" stuff around and learn the "quirks" of doing something new. Chrome is still giving me the "red screen".

Willie, I uninstalled Chrome completely. I then deleted Google altogether as browser and search engine. I'm using Edge and Bing at the moment 'cause I have Win 10. After uninstalling I was asked by Google why I was doing so, so I told them and identified this site as the only one affected. How long it will take them to find out what's going on, might depend if they read it, or any others.

Sherrel

I just hate to have to "shift" stuff around and learn the "quirks" of doing something new

That's for sure. That little trick you showed me for returning to the search page, I found didn't work in Edge quite the same. You have to right click the reverse arrow to get the drop down and click the return to. Slower, but gets there. And my old one in IE11, of clicking the little rectangle at the bottom right of the Task Bar to open the desktop to access another shortcut, which still applies, with IE, gave you 2 thumbnails (or more as needed) of the windows that are open to pick between above the bar, has been replaced by tabs at the top left to go back and forth. Thumbnails appear there instead as well if you hover.

Willie: The flat car was custom built by decal manufacturer Don Manlick in Wisconsin do pass away several years ago. He was a great modeler and his layout with the car ferry well known. I don't of its manufacturing history, but it does have a heavy, metal weight under the frame. The wheel flanges are quite large and are from an earlier era in model railroading. The trucks are metal and not stamped Central Valley or KD. Thanks for you advise, its alway welcomed.

When out to water some trees after the 95 degree day yesterday. Very dry here in Wisconsin. Beautiful morning - mid 70's.

Greg

+

Afternoon All,

No chores today so I have already spent about 2.5 hours in the train room. I decided to glue down the floor (after picture) so I started with that. Then I cut out the other 2 walls, cut out the holes for the windows and 2 front loco doors. I cannibalized the 4 track doors from my spare parts and spray painted the undercoat on them. Tomorrow I will do the inside bracing on the walls.

I'm going to watch the UCF game in a couple of hours.

Louis- Great B&O American photo.

Sherrel- Great Frisco photo. I had no issues with it.

Johnny- I use AIM powders also. You just have to experiment to figure out what you like. I have a airbrush but haven't used it in years.

Eric- Sounds like fun with the older ladies.

Greg- I would also give a wheel change a tryout. Depending on the wheels (pizza cutters) and track (code 83 for sure) that may be causing the derailments. I speak from experience on this. Unfortunately:(.

20170923_094425.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Wow! My heart is breaking with homesickness big time!!!! I called a friend of mine down in GA so shoot the bull. I normally won't talk on the phone because it is so difficult to understand me but I couldn't resist and called.
Golly mercy we're both missing each big time. I've been with this cancer sh.t now for almost a year and half and have not shed a tear. Talking to my buddy Ronnie I got all watery with quivering lip and all that.

I'm not sure I've ever had a homesick feeling that strong before. That was new for me.
E.

I'm not sure I've ever had a homesick feeling that strong before. That was new for me.
E.

Supressed emotions, consciously or unconsciously, have a habit of sneaking up on you when triggered by something related.

Howdy.

Sherrel.... I have all three volumes of the Burlington passenger train book. It is a great reference for modelling CB&Q passenger trains.

Eric. ... Sorry to hear about your home sickness. You've been through a lot . Your friends here continue to care .

My internet speed is so slow at the moment, even the speed test gave up and stopped. Have no idea how I got on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back