Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy.

Having problems with the Imac . Still posting with iPhone. Safari will not open. Contacted Apple techical support. They now have me reinstalling Mac OS Sierra. It is now processing.

I don't know if it pertains to the red screen virus. Did anybody inform Bob about the red screen problem?

Ray who sometimes posts here said in the MR Diner the red screen thing is preventing him from access to this site.

Have a good evening.
I've contacted Bob. I remember this isn't the first time something like this has happened. In the end last time, it just turned out to be an algorithm that provided a false positive.

Evening fellers. Sorry I haven't said much. The Kadee coupler idea doesn't sound too bad. I must say I have had my issues with my Bachmann couplers. However compared to the stock Atlas couplers on my U23B they are up grades. I'd have to get a height gauge before I can up grade my couplers. The Kadees seem pretty decently priced. So an upgrade will be in the works. I just have to put it on the back burner for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Evening fellers. Sorry I haven't said much. The Kadee coupler idea doesn't sound too bad. I must say I have had my issues with my Bachmann couplers. However compared to the stock Atlas couplers on my U23B they are up grades. I'd have to get a height gauge before I can up grade my couplers. The Kadees seem pretty decently priced. So an upgrade will be in the works. I just have to put it on the back burner for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Have fun with the upgrade of couplers. I did a wholesale fleet wide upgrade. I got the Kadee height gauge and a bulk pack of #148 (I'm pretty sure they were 148s). Maybe not. I do use a good many #146s when I have long cars. Some of my engines benefited from them also. I wish now I would have gotten 2 bulk packs because everytime I run across some rolling for cheap or free, I have to do swap outs - same goes for the wheelsets. I also now have all steel wheels in my stable. I had never touched couplers before so it was slow going at first. After day 2 I bust out a car coupler swap in about 5 minutes. Good thing I didn't have too many cars at the time. I sure got tired of it after a while.
Alas, I rambled through with the help of some adult beverage I'm sure. ;)
E.

TERRY

Is your phone OOS or do you just not like me anymore?
I have sent you several messages and tried to call you a couple times?

Ran some trains this afternoon, a few problems like forgetting to reset turnouts on the main. Found a Milwaukee SW-1 that I purchased and put away. It's a Walther's Train Master and runs good, but has a little gear noise which is decreasing.

Ken:
Installed more Dust Monkeys on cabooses.

Chet: In the autumn of many Fallen Flag railroads, the paint on the rolling stock was the least of their problems.

Good Night.

Greg

Justin, the Bachmann rolling stock I used to have wouldn't accommodate the old KD's with the brass centering spring, the moulded boxes are a fraction too narrow for them to fit into, so go with the "Whisker" types.

I've contacted Bob. I remember this isn't the first time something like this has happened. In the end last time, it just turned out to be an algorithm that provided a false positive.
]

Google's Chrome is a bit like Dr. Frankenstein's monster. It was pieced together from over 25 code sources and is also an open platform. Google has hired developers from everywhere, Microsoft, Mozilla and many others. Sometimes enhancements don't blend in as well as expected and can cause some strange glitches.

Birds win!!!

Have a good night Everybody.

Which birds is that? Hawks, Cardinals, Falcon, Eagles, Blue Jays, buzzards, vultures, condors, penguins, sea hawks ..... what ????
:D

Edit: PS: can't forget the always popular "mud hens".... I knew there an important one I was leaving out.

Question about my motorcycle emporium.....
Would it be inappropriate to put an Indian sign by a Harley-Davidson sign?
I'd bet HD had "laws" about their shops.

Look what I found in the road this afternoon while walking down the country road to watch the combine have its way with the beans. It's about 4 inches long with LEDs instead of a bulb.
flashlight.jpg

Thinking about Indian Motorcycles from the past that I used to watch make a very long steep hill climb on the North side of Mullholland Rd. and to the West of Topanga Blvd. in Woodland Hills, Calif. The Indian Motorcycles, Americas first Motorcycle company founded in 1901 per their web site, were usually the only ones that could make the steep long climb or 250' or 300'
www.indianmotorcycle.com/

There was a rifle range across the street on the South side of Mullholland where I killed my first Rattle Snake when I was out shooting with a friend of my Dad's Benjamin .22 pellet rifle.

Harley Davidson first started in 1903. 1903. William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson make available to the public the first production Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. The bike was built to be a racer, with a 3-1/8 inch bore and 3-1/2 inch stroke.

OK, enough is enough with this Google warning. I get it with Firefox as well. I also have to disable my virus protection program to log on and it informs me that it deleted something called "Url:Mal ". Terry, thanks for notifying Bob. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly before I abandon this forum.

Willie

Which birds is that? Hawks, Cardinals, Falcon, Eagles, Blue Jays, buzzards, vultures, condors, penguins, sea hawks ..... what ????
:D

Edit: PS: can't forget the always popular "mud hens".... I knew there an important one I was leaving out.

Forgive me, that would be the Baltimore Orioles! :)

LOUIS You remind me of the movie ... 'The Rookie'!
Owls Win, Owls Win!

Reading your post made me think of Harry Caray "Cubs Win! Cubs Win! Cubs Win."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3ANuGKJwQ

Look what I found in the road this afternoon while walking down the country road to watch the combine have its way with the beans. It's about 4 inches long with LEDs instead of a bulb.
View attachment 63206
Nice find!
OK, enough is enough with this Google warning. I get it with Firefox as well. I also have to disable my virus protection program to log on and it informs me that it deleted something called "Url:Mal ". Terry, thanks for notifying Bob. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly before I abandon this forum.

Willie

Firefox is the "phoenix" that rose from the ashes of Netscape Navigator. Chrome and Firefox share much of their code and both are open platforms. Chrome appears to me to be a more commercial version of Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back