Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

I'm in a "conversation" with an ebay seller who's offering an early Genesis (yellow & blue, box) SD45-2. Claims it has a Tsunami decoder in it. I queried whether it had or whether it was what they were produced with i.e. MRC. His replies have been "A" that he has an NCE system and it won't run by that, and then "B" it can't be consisted with others in advanced, only with 'old style' via NCE. True or False?

Any Tsunami will accept advanced consisting, he's peddling pig in a poke.

Toot, be sure to check how high of a rating the seller has and do your homework regarding the item you're buying. If it sounds fishy, it might be best to pass on it.

I'm in a "conversation" with an ebay seller who's offering an early Genesis (yellow & blue, box) SD45-2. Claims it has a Tsunami decoder in it. I queried whether it had or whether it was what they were produced with i.e. MRC. His replies have been "A" that he has an NCE system and it won't run by that, and then "B" it can't be consisted with others in advanced, only with 'old style' via NCE. True or False?
Tsunami will work in advanced consisting. MRC can only support old style consisting.
If the seller tells you there is a remote control, it is MRC.

Here's wishing everyone here a Happy New Year full of good times and good health. May your trains always be on the right track!

I did state my question to the forum a little inaccurately, I had queried him as to whether it actually had a Tsunami in it or whether it still had the MRC installed. His answers were related to that scenario i.e. would not have been able to be operated by his NCE system if it had had an MRC decoder. I did have at one time have both Genesis FP45's of each decoder and knew that they did. I was testing him out, particularly after that first claim and put the question up here in case there had been some problem I didn't know about. Sorry for confusing. His last reply confirmed my suspicions of him, the usual resort of the dishonest, become abusive and counter accusing. My reply should give him something to ponder.

Tsunami will work in advanced consisting. MRC can only support old style consisting.
If the seller tells you there is a remote control, it is MRC.

Hmmmm. that puts me in a red faced spot then, funny because I did consist the two together, with some silent ones also. Maybe it was being dragged along by the others and I didn't notice. I did ask him about the remote control but he didn't confirm it's presence or otherwise.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

image.png

Happy NEW YEAR. It's 68* going up to 83*.

Soon as it gets light enough going to check the house for bullet holes.

Phil

Good Morning All. Happy New Year. It's partly cloudy and 36 degrees here in North Central Texas this morning.
Sherrel - Yeah! It was nice of them. Fact is the road is actually a private road that they are not responsible for. But they sometimes store rock and gravel up the way at a neighbor's house and we convinced the commissioner that his trucks had something to do with the deterioration. Helped too that an ambulance from the emergency response team got stuck in a rut last summer. He's responsible for them also. Brought 200 tons of clay/rock (10-18 wheelers) so the 4000 or so pounds they left me won't be missed, besides they didn't bring a front-end loader to take it back anyway.
I did enough partying and drinking back in my younger days.
Been there, done that! Do most of my partying and drinking at home now. Christmas Day is an exception.
Good Luck with the BP. Cheapest meds that I take.
Chet - Another great picture. I'm working on my picture taking skills as a New Years resolution. That and trying to complete more scenery. LOL
new guy - OK, you teased us with a post Wednesday, where are you? I think I speak for many here who miss your posts.
Eric - Rough day yesterday? Or hard night...I didn't see any posts from you past 0730.

Well today I make my annual trek around my property lines, as has been the custom since 1981. It's a little over 3/4 mile total distance. A neighbor mowed a partial path a few months ago so he could work on his fence. That helps since I didn't make a second hay cutting last year. At least it is not on top of 6" of ice as in 1989.
That's it for now.

Willie

Terry - Actually another commissioner was mad about the expense until it was pointed out that the repair cost for the ambulance was greater than the cost of the ten truckloads of rock. He was probably mad just because my guy got the gravel first! My understanding is that they went for a beer together after the meeting. Overall, things are pretty easy-going around here.
Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY NEW YEAR gentlemen!
Wish you all the very best for 2016!!
I hope that all enjoyed a great Hogmany....

Fiddling and tooling with shop projects as I type this...should be interesting!

I'm here! I know I have not posted ALL year but I needed to take a step back and shake it out!

I'm gonna get serious this year and join the NMRA and try for a Golden Spike Award to get started!

If I'm gonna do it I might as well DO it! This next go-round I've got grades and tunnels lined up, curves from 24"+ on the outer mains down to 15's in the interior with spurs and loops. 5-6 lines will give me enough action and enough room for some scenery.

Still drawing it out, trying to avoid reverse loops in this pattern. I have two reversing units but don't want to go there yet.

Good Morning. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Mostly sunny and 38° at the Jersey Shore to start the year off right.

Happy New Year All!! :D

Any new year resolutions out there other than NG?

Me Myself? Gonna whittle down the fleet this year. I'm tired of all the modern stuff. I'm thinking I should be 90% diseasel free by the end of the year, with a larger contingent of steam in the fleet, hopefully brass. Well cars, Cylindrical hoppers, 85ft Autoracks and flats will be coming to an eBay auction soon, followed by those stinky diesels. Stay tuned!:cool:

Happy New Year All!! :D

Any new year resolutions out there other than NG?

Me Myself? Gonna whittle down the fleet this year. I'm tired of all the modern stuff. I'm thinking I should be 90% diseasel free by the end of the year, with a larger contingent of steam in the fleet, hopefully brass. Well cars, Cylindrical hoppers, 85ft Autoracks and flats will be coming to an eBay auction soon, followed by those stinky diesels. Stay tuned!:cool:
Well cars? Auto racks? Modern diseasels?

Eric - Rough day yesterday? Or hard night...I didn't see any posts from you past 0730.

Very tough day!!!
I took a nap almost right away after getting home around 1800. Didn't wake up until about 2330. Got some supper and laid back down around 2230 and went right back asleep. At 0002 I awoke to some serious gun fire. Sounded like it was in my backyard just outside the bedroom window. Don't know what it was, but dam sure was a large caliber and was VERY close by.
I didn't even finish an entire beer the whole night!!
E

Afternoon All,

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and wish everyone all the best.

Already have helped the wife make schnitzel for our traditional family New Years Day supper and I believe she is going to make cloverleaf rolls also to take to Mom's house later.

I am seriously considering my major modeling project for 2016 to be a hand made coal wharf that would be put in in place of my mine building. If I decide to do it, it would be my largest scratch project to date, but it does concern me if I have those types of skills necessary to make a nice looking end product.

20151230_130858_zpswq6h0yyv.jpg

I hope everyone has a good day.

Back