Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVIII

I have been intending to get one of these Herpa 1:87 models for quite a while to mainly check out the linked tracks, which the picture clearly shows, with the idea of contacting the manufacturer to see if they could be bought as a part. Long shot I know, but worth a try. Hate those rubber band tracks most have.

So, with great expectations, I unpacked my very last model railroad purchase (officially) from Klein's today with one in it. You guessed it. Rubber band tracks :mad::mad:

HRP-006486-2.jpg

Good Morning All. Clear and 30 degrees this morning in North Central Texas. Only looking for a high near 48. Rain tomorrow and temps in the mid-60's Thursday & Friday. Then back to the 40's.
Yesterday was a slow day for modeling as the weather was too good to be indoors. I did throw together a few DPM walls for a background industry. They're in the paint booth right now. Had a great homemade German chocolate cake for my birthday yesterday. 64 years young. Today is grocery trek day by myself, as my wife started back to work yesterday, she is a seasonal tax preparer. During the first month I get to hear of all the people that barely work but get back more than they pay in. I call it income re-distribution. Very few are truly legitimate.
Well, off to the train shed for a few hours until the sun rises and the outdoors beckons.

Willie

After many years of running trains without sound I find that I can really do without it. I only have three with sound and usually only run them as a novelty when I have visitors. I wish I had a way to turn the sound off. The heavy mike I picked up from Terry is a really nice performing locomotive, but for me after a few laps around the main line, I find the sound can really get annoying. Maybe I'm just an old fart. View attachment 55043 For me performance is much more important.

All my DCC sound-equipped locos can be silenced by hitting the #8 button on my controller....ok...some locos its 1 or 6 but 98% its #8

Back