Computer room Switching layout

Josh,
Just the other day I was wondering what you've been working on. I didn't see any posts for the layout.

Well... by golly... Look what you did.

Things are looking really good. I like your choice of structures so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

Yeah Ron, I'm getting there, slowly. Mostly structure building & painting, but now that I got that one Rix bridge, I can pretty much finish up most of that module. Need to get the track though.

sl00055.jpg

sl00054.jpg

sl00053.jpg

sl00052.jpg

Josh,
It's looking good.

On the terrain, is that speckle paint? Or just the texture of the plaster clothe? Also, The abutments behind the 2 buildings, are they for road or rail?

Same here, been wondering what's going on... looking good Josh!
Have you given any thought to sinking the scrap yard tracks into the foam?
Don't forget the BN interchange!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,
It's looking good.

On the terrain, is that speckle paint? Or just the texture of the plaster clothe? Also, The abutments behind the 2 buildings, are they for road or rail?
What you're seeing is both the plaster cloth, AND the speckle paint.

The abutments are for a 4 lane road overpass. Need one more Rix bridge.
Same here, been wondering what's going on... looking good Josh!
Have you given any thought to sinking the scrap yard tracks into the foam?
Don't forget the BN interchange!!
BN? :eek: :p this is the BNSF, man! Don't mind the UP SD60, its all I had available at that moment.

The scrap yard has been "sunk", well, actually, raised up the surrounding scenery another 1/4", just like you see around the hopper cars above. I'll take pictures tonight.

Josh your layouts starting to look really good! Amazing what a few buildings can add to a scene - even when they're not yet painted

Hi Josh,

Wow, fun to watch your progress. Nice job. I've used the plaster gauze before with very good results. The ease of working with it is a solid plus! Your skills as a diesel guru are obviously gonna spill over to the scenery dept...Atta-Boy!!

Thanks for sharing the progress.

Johnny

New warehouse going in. This one completely obstructs the view to the smaller one behind it. It uses components from 3 Promotex warehouse kits. The long walls are from two Gray kits, the as are the end walls (single personnel door), the roof required the 3rd kit to relinquish its roof. It's approximately 187 scale feet long, by 30 scale feet tall, and models the 28 scale feet closest to the rails (kind of a backdrop structure, on the front of the layout). This will be a cold storage warehouse, the modeled portion of the building represent the loading dock area, which is warmer then the actual storage area. The building, in my imgination, would be around 187' x 200'.

That's a big ol' warehouse, Josh. I'd consider doing what Ken did with his warehouse. It would eliminate the loading dock and move the warehouse from the edge of the layout. I can just see it getting damaged be an errant swing of your arm.

Back