Computer room Switching layout

I was considering putting it up against the tracks, but the Crest Beverage building here in San Diego works like I designed mine, with the loading dock area. I need to cut in some openings for doors still, 9.5'x10' Pikestuff roll-up doors will go in, and Wiking forklifts...

No overviews, those are the most recent photos...

sl00066.jpg

The outer spans are Scale Segmental Bridge Co T girders, the Piers are also from SSBCo, and the center span is a Central Valley through girder, cut down to 59' (from 72') with a scratch built ballast pan.

Just a temporary set-up to test fit the bridge, fits perfectly fine! Now I need to finish painting the center span silver (its in gray primer with a rustoleum ballast pan (closer match to the ballast). I then need to secure it all in place, then cast in place some tough hydrocal footings, and crash barriers for the 4 lane road that will go underneath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, Nice looking bridge.

Glad to see you're still working on the layout. It has been in my scope since your first posts of the original plans. Keep it up.

Looks like it will be a nice, modern looking underpass when you're done. It may be an optical illusion but it looks like the approach ballast pans aren't level with the track.

Looks like it will be a nice, modern looking underpass when you're done. It may be an optical illusion but it looks like the approach ballast pans aren't level with the track.
Not an optical illusion! They're not secured into place quite yet. Little bit more work (paint) to go before I secure the bridge components to the track.

Sounds like quite an ambitious plan. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually living on an old right of way before. Good luck with the hobby shop too - we need more of them.

If I can make a suggestion, posting with every word in caps makes your message hard to read. I don't know if that's you computer doing it or what but using normal caps helps my old eyes. :)

Josh, looks like the message I was replying to got moved out of your thread or got into your thread by mistake. Nothing to do with you. I am looking forward to seeing how the bridge looks when it's done though. :)

Well let me rephrase, I don't live on the TMRR R-O-W, my self I live in Cash, Texas, the Texas Midland/ S.P./T&NO right-of-way runs with-in spitting distance ff my house. I own half of this R-O-W. As for my typing style, I got used to tying this way because I program web pages with cap lock button on and have gotten so used to typing I can't type with it off as the opposite happens, small 1st letter then all caps. As for my layout the plan is ambitious for HO scale in small room, but already in the works, I'm able to program sound decoders and move rolling stock back & forth with the 6 ft of track on my pike.

Cheers! Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
*Begin English lesson* You know you only have to capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence, for proper English sentences... *End lesson*

Anyways, back to the trains...

Tex, I'm assuming you have MS Word. Just type your post, copy it to Word, highlight the text, and go to Tools, Change Case. Choose sentence case and it will reformat so it's in proper case. Copy it back it here and we all have an easier time reading your messages.

Tex, I'm assuming you have MS Word. Just type your post, copy it to Word, highlight the text, and go to Tools, Change Case. Choose sentence case and it will reformat so it's in proper case. Copy it back it here and we all have an easier time reading your messages.

Tex this would be a good idea, i had a hard time reading your post above on this page, and it took me twice as long to read it, very confusing when you see a capital letter every word, especially for someone who is like me and doesn't do well with reading in the first place lol

Now, lets get back to Josh's thread here, its kinda been hi-jacked and off track for the last couple posts, lets get back on track here :D

I'm trying to learn this thread stuff I hope this style of typing helps, I will just use regular hunt & peck, I will go and fix my web pages also.

Too much trouble I'll just use my other finger to type with rather than holding down the shift key for lower case, my typing style has evolved over a two year period of listing stuff on e-Bay, hey two finger hunt & peck is twice as fast this is like passenger service.

Tex, thanks, that's much easier to read. I'm not a very good typist either so I'm slow too but you'll get used to it.

Back