Search results

1. D

Local Hobby Shop Versus Internet

Saw this subject discussed some time back but felt impelled to throw this out there. I'm torn between buying local and going through the www route. I like to be able to buy something quickly when I need it even though the price is usually somewhat higher and I just plain like helping out the...
  2. D

Tortoise Installations

Okay gang, I'm in the process of putting in all new Tortoise switch machines and new turnouts. I have a good understanding of the wiring needed (going single DC with DPDT switches and I am wiring the frogs for power) and the installation seems pretty straight forward. I am needing to put in...
  3. D

Follow Up on Cherry Creek Hobbies

Some of you had indicated you were interested to hear the result of my recent shopping experience with Cherry Creek Hobbies. I placed my order this past Saturday afternoon (the 7th) , it was mailed out on Monday, and I just received it this afternoon (Wed. the 11th). I purchased a Walthers 90'...
  4. D

Modeling Gravel/Dirt Roads

Good day everyone. I need to model some gravel or dirt roads and would like to know if anyone can direct me to some good sites or share techniques that have worked well for them. I'm modeling a mountainous, rural area of the early fifties that would have had few, if any, paved roads. Thanks in...
  5. D

Cherry Creek Hobbies

I've pretty much decided to go with the Walthers 90' Built Up turntable since I haven't heard anything bad about them and quite a bit of good. In shopping around online I came across Cherry Creek Hobbies. Their price for the product was $220 - about $35 cheaper than the closet competitor...
  6. D

Turntable issues

My Atlas 90 turntable is giving me fits. Aside from tossing it out (which may happen), I wonder if anyone has encountered and solved this problem. As it revolves, it works great until it hits a spot where the gears appear to be slipping. The bridge either starts jerking or stops completely...
  7. D

Installing Tortoise switch machines

Hi everyone! New to this group and this is my first post. Here's my question: Many of you have experience wiring Tortoise switch machines. I'll need to get some of the .25" spring wire they recommend for installing through substances thicker than 1" under the track . Is that what it's...

Back