Cherry Creek Hobbies

I've pretty much decided to go with the Walthers 90' Built Up turntable since I haven't heard anything bad about them and quite a bit of good.
In shopping around online I came across Cherry Creek Hobbies. Their price for the product was $220 - about $35 cheaper than the closet competitor (Model Train Stuff). Saw a thread from back in 2005 about Cherry Creek which had some fairly nice things to say about them (after a member had some initial problems with them not answering their phone) but was just wondering if anyone has had dealing with them recently and would care to share their opinions.
Dan

A quick follow up on this thread. I went back to the Cherry Creek site and I added the item to the cart just so I could see the shipping costs. When it appeared in the cart the price came up as $238.99 instead of the $220.99 price I had first seen. I decided to call them to see what the real price was.
The owner, Walt, picked up the phone on the first ring (on a Saturday no less) and told me that the cheaper price was probably a sale price that hadn't gotten changed. He offered to still sell it to me at that price. We concluded the deal and it's being shipped out Monday morning. Seems like pretty good customer service to me.
Dan

Thanks for the follow-up! He did the right thing when you did the right thing, and we can delay the onset of chaos in the universe. :D I have heard good things about Cherry Creek, and now others will. I hope it does him a world of good.

-Crandell

I recently bough a few Atlas products from them under their Code 100 track pages and when I recieved it, I got an excellent warranty on it. My dealings with them have, so far, been excellent. I highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of low-priced good quality train equipment.

Cherry Creek is a first class operation, as you've seen, Dan. I had a somewhat similar situation with them where the price on the website was more expensive than the price quoted on the phone and they honored the cheaper price. They will also price match with any other web site. Cherry Creek, ModelTrainStuff, and Hobbylinc are my three favorite online places to buy trains.

:confused:Great prices, but no N scale stuff...whats up? I want to buy from them, but nothing for me to buy...scenery I guess. Why is N scale still the red headed step child? No offense to any red headed step children out there, or Ginger Kids to be PC.

Glad to hear others have found this company to be a good one. As I stated in my first post of this thread, I was all ready to place an order with "All Train Stuff" at $255 which was the lowest I'd found until I stumbled upon "Cherry Creek". They came in at $220. A fair difference.
I was also impressed with speaking to Walt when I placed my order. I'd encourage people to bookmark this company. If they have what you want, it may be at a very good price. Too early to confirm my first impression about their service but will report back.
Didn't realize they didn't carry N scale.
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Only very few N scale products, and it seems that he is trying to sell it off quickly, although they do carry the woodland scenics materials, but no kits or track that I could see. I may be wrong and I will look further into it. Like I said, good prices.

discountrails.com has a lot of n stuff, but I wouldn't know how well priced it is...worth a look. (Note: this is correctly named; it isn't discounttrainsonline.)

Just an observation - not on topic. Thirty some years ago when I decided to build my layout, I debated briefly about going HO or N. I decided in favor of HO partially because I already had quite a bit of stuff but the main reason is that I couldn't see myself (not joke intended) trying to model in N scale as I got into my sixties, seventies, and maybe beyond. I was honestly concerned that seeing what I was doing would be an issue in my advanced years. I didn't want to be in a position of wearing a pair of those magnifying lenses every time I wanted to model. Now that I'm in my late fifties, I'm sort of glad I made that decision (even though I now have troubles seeing even some of my HO stuff).
On the other hand, it would have been nice to have had those large sweeping curves and long straight runs of track going off into the distance.
Dan

I bought all of my peco turnouts and flex track from them. They had the best price by a country mile. As Jim said, hobbylinc isn't too bad to deal with either. They just don't update there in stock status fast enough. Obviously you've found Cherry Creek to have good service. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.:)

Back