Modeling Gravel/Dirt Roads

Good day everyone. I need to model some gravel or dirt roads and would like to know if anyone can direct me to some good sites or share techniques that have worked well for them. I'm modeling a mountainous, rural area of the early fifties that would have had few, if any, paved roads.
Thanks in advance.
Dan

I usually just sprinkle the dirt on where the road or dirt area will be, then dribble the 50/50 water/rubbing alcohol mix on, let it soak in, then go back and dribble the 50/50 water/white glue mixture to set it in place. A syringe or eye dropper is a good tool to dribble the mixtures onto the road with.

For larger areas, lay a layer of white glue down diluted with some water, about 3/4 parts glue mixed with 1/4 parts water, with large foam brush, then sprinkle a light layer of the dirt ontop, let it dry, vacuum up the stuff that didnt stick and then sprinkle more dirt on the areas that need it, use the eye dropper or syringe and do the water/alcohol mix followed by the glue/water mix to set the new material in place.....

Works for me :D

Jim and Josh,
Sorry I didn't get Back to you sooner to thank you for responding to my post. Better to learn from those who have gone before you so I value your input.:)
Sincerely,
Dan

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Back