Search results

1. B

Awsome Video find

Well if you read the captions the train was 7800 ton and the Challenger was rated for 8000 ton so it was near its max anyway. Still an awsome video to see an old steam engine doing what it was designed for. Most containers would not surpass 45000 lbs loaded as that seems the max as far as what I...
  2. B

Awsome Video find

Nope it was not any help on the rear. it was all just the 3985
  3. B

Awsome Video find

I had heard rumors about this but never thought that anyone had captured video of it. Now I find the reall proof of it and for all you all to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgHrDbN4EU&feature=related
  4. B

Good News

I just got a new Digital camera so I will be posting picturs again soon
  5. B

Locomotive idling in cold weather?

We do have to keep them running. When its cold I dont shut mine off or I may not get it started. All diesels need heat and pressure in the cylinders to make combustion work properly. However I keep the truck plugged in at home when I will be there for a few days. All Pickups and Trucks are...
  6. B

1/87th Vehicles

Lonestar makes a kit for there autorack that is really cheap that is the brass pieces that you can build for yourselves. It would be far cheaper and you would still end up with a very nice model. Could even build a few and sell them as other companys than the one they chose. I would rather have...
  7. B

Is this a dumb idea

The answer is Yes you can spray it into a jar and yes it will work.
  8. B

Weekend Photo Fun 2-27/2-28

Well I maxed out my 4X8 track with a long intermodal train. I wish I had my camera working but cant get pictures right now. I was able to squeese a 27 car intermodal train onto my 4x8 test track with 54 containers. Wish there was a way to get a picture to share it with you all. I had my...
  9. B

Engine Roster Thread

Well I just added UP 4014 to my roster
  10. B

blue line 4-8-4

I have 22 inch turns and mine does fine. But when I finaly build my full layout the turns will be above 30 inch and I may only build it with flex track. with the exceptions of around switches and the switches themselves. The BLI SF 4-8-4s are ment for Higher end users i would think they are...
  11. B

Engine Roster Thread

Ok I dont feel so bad now lol But I will keep adding to my list. I am bidding on another now
  12. B

Engine Roster Thread

Humm Here we go Steam 4-8-8-4 UP 4019 Athearn Genesis 4-6-6-4 UP 3985 Athearn Genesis 4-8-4 UP 844 Athearn Genesis 4-8-4 SF 3751 BLI 4-8-4 SP Daylight dont remember number Bachman 4-8-4 SP GS4 Black paint Bachman 4-8-2 Pennsulvania RR BLI 4-8-2 Frisco 4424 Bachman 4-8-2 UP 7011...
  13. B

Athearns New 53' Wabash Duraplate Trailers

Simular but its missing the Sleeper and the clamshell ontop. One can get the mad duck at most chrome shops. All Macks have a Bull Dog on the nose though I have a joke about that but will keep it to myself due to the Mack lovers here lol. I like a good ol Freightshaker, But have driven several...
  14. B

Spine car info needed?

I got these spine cars that I bought from one of you here and I was needing some proto info on them. I was going to change them to metel wheel sets and I was wondering the TTX 5 car set do they have the differant sized wheels on the ends as they do in the middle like the newer spine cars and...
  15. B

SP Fans SP SD70M's

Here are two more UP ones for sale on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110344172832 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380100403364 I was thinking the same I have seen Conrail, NS and CSX engines...
  16. B

SP Fans SP SD70M's

Josh if you win it the Building America SD70 is nice, I just happin to have 3984
  17. B

SP Fans SP SD70M's

If you think thats bad You should see my SD45T-2 collection I have 6 of them one UP one in the SP Kadacrome one in the old SP Paint and three in the Speed Lettering. I also have 6 Rio Grande SD40T-2's
  18. B

SP Fans SP SD70M's

I was going to bid on the higher detailed SP 9810 but I may just do the buy it now in the morning if its still listed.
  19. B

Paints

I got it for the set of Spine cars that I got. There going to be TTX wen there finished. Funny thing is that most of those type of Spine cars are so old now tha you cant see much of the yellow. Mine are going to be heavely weathered.
  20. B

SP Fans SP SD70M's

UP 4014 is the one I am winning right now Thats the one I really want as I have two of the Building America ones but not of the regular UP Paint. If I go for the SP ones I wil most likely get 9810 as I have 9808 at home. So your the one I am bidding against on the UP one lol

Back