Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie, believe me when I say. Id feel safer walking in Baltimore at night than I would be going on a stroll with you. "Most of them flee..." that's the part I don't like. Fighting people, been there, done that. Fighting animals, no thank you. I like Western Movies, I don't want to be in one.

Willie, believe me when I say. Id feel safer walking in Baltimore at night than I would be going on a stroll with you. "Most of them flee..." that's the part I don't like. Fighting people, been there, done that. Fighting animals, no thank you. I like Western Movies, I don't want to be in one.
We have all manner of wildlife in our area. Everything from rabbits to bears. Inhave some devices that will take care of almost any animal that we have trouble with, though if it's easier to just go in the house and avoid them, that's what we do. With a several hundred acre wilderness park a hundred feet from our back door, we do see some critters I'd rather avoid.

Attachments

• IMG_3342.JPG
    IMG_3342.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    426.1 KB · Views: 184
Good morning everyone. 70 and clear as a bell outside. Not so my desk here at work - it's covered with paper - what happened to the "paperless society" I've heard so much about.

Terry - continued thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.
Bruette - thanks for posting the video of Trainland's Christmas Display - if Hobby Lobby's Christmas trees and decorations that they had up in August didn't get me into the holiday mood, that video did :D
David "Trussrod" - great to hear from you - I think you've been silent/lurking for a while. You always have interesting comments to make.
Willie - thanks for the tips on weathering, and for posting that link to TomKat's background flats. I suppose they need to be sized before printing to coordinate with the 1:87 HO scale. I'll print some out before I forget what page that link is on.
Chet - You post some amazing rail photos!

Last night I had to continue painting in the remodeled bathrooms. Still have some walls to do, and a large walk-in closet. That will be the weekend project. But I did get down to the modeling workbench and finished painting the trim on the DPM structure I'm currently working on. A little clean-up and it will be ready for a spray of DullCoat and then gluing the walls together. And hopefully remember to take a photo or two.

Have a good day everyone.

Terry, the wildest creatures I see walk on 2 legs and they are not bears.

I love wild-life, but it's best kept in the wilderness. you have the ideal back yard. My wife would be terrified. She is even more of a city girl than I am a city boy. At least I grew up playing in the swamps of southeastern Baltimore County, when I wasn't playing ball that is. We looked at a house that backed up to the wetlands of Essex in Baltimore County, my wife was terrified of the woods. I thought it was perfect, but she was right, we bought the best house we looked at.

Last edited:
As my sweet mother said ;) "don't worry about it, it's only Dundalk!"

Yes, it's only Dundalk, but it's home and I love it!

By the way, when my Mom said "don't worry about it, it's only Dundalk!" she was referring to my "gypsy" Christmas lights a few years ago. I think she thought it was a bit too much. I love my Mom.

What's wrong with bright flashing Christmas, signs, displays and other lights? It's all LED, the signs run on rechargeable batteries! The only incandescent lamps are my old beauties, I don't care how much it costs to light them!
1536240853119.png

I keep buying replacement bulbs and they look brand new every year. The LED replacements don't look the same, to me.

Good morning everybody ...

Mikey .... It is a good idea to hold track down temporarily with double sided tape while you adjust it. Similarly, I use push pins to hold it temporary as I make adjustments.

Sherrel ... Glad you like the 2-4-4-2. It is a very small engine.

David Trussrod.... Good see you posting again. Glad you like virtual cake and ice cream. My " Skookum " has more sentimental value than anything else, and has its own place in my display cabinet.

Louis .... Whether it is Baltimore, or any other large city, I prefer living in the country. We are on lakefront property, and it is ideal. We have a good assortment of wildlife to observe. I grew up in Chicago area, and worked many years in Detroit. I regard these two cities as America's two armpits. .... Your map of the B&O reminds me of a trip I took on the B&O Capitol Limited forms Chicago to Washington DC and return.

WIllie ... Good to hear you read the Trains article "Skookum Lives". ... Fascinating story.

Johnny .... I'm getting worn out just reading about your working on remodeling projects in your house. ... LOL

Last edited:
Good Morning All,

I have been following along but not posting since it's a pain to do on the phone. SIL is being discharged tomorrow and is really doing well. I will probably be here for another 10-14 days then finally home. My brother has been diagnosed with skin cancer on his nose and when it's removed will likely require reconstructive surgery on it. It never ends for my brother and his wife. Anyway I'm doing fine but missing the wife and home.

Good afternoon.
It's sunny and 94, with humidity to match.

I just heard on the news that Burt Reynolds has passed on at the age of 82.

Terry, Everytime someone brings up someone's passing it reminds me that I'm getting closer to that time as well.
He only had 6 years on me - dangit!

How's your spouse doing at home?

...Every time someone brings up someone's passing it reminds me that I'm getting closer to that time as well.
He only had 6 years on me - dangit!

Sherrel my Mom is 86. I tell her "stop worrying about it. Enjoy each day."

Why worry about something out of our control?

As my Nanny would say "you're a tough old bird" and I'll add the devil obviously doesn't want either of us!

Keep sharing your experience, wisdom and wit with us. No need to worry.

Greetings Shop Dwellers!

Just figured I should stop in and say hello before I post an inquiry thread in the Locomotives & Rolling Stock forum. I've been insanely busy - at work during the day [but hey that's a good thing as Louis often says!] and during my limited "free" time, i.e. the time left over after meals, errands and chores. Been spending most of that time painting and decaling models that weren't on the radar screen during my recent 3-month freight car weathering project. Tonight I just airbrushed an Atlas Alco S-2 switcher that was formerly decorated for Penn Central, to transform it into the Ford Motor Co. scheme for my FMC assembly plant.

Hope everybody is doing OK, prayers continuing for those in need!

Greetings Shop Dwellers!

Just figured I should stop in and say hello before I post an inquiry thread in the Locomotives & Rolling Stock forum. I've been insanely busy - at work during the day [but hey that's a good thing as Louis often says!] and during my limited "free" time, i.e. the time left over after meals, errands and chores. Been spending most of that time painting and decaling models that weren't on the radar screen during my recent 3-month freight car weathering project. Tonight I just airbrushed an Atlas Alco S-2 switcher that was formerly decorated for Penn Central, to transform it into the Ford Motor Co. scheme for my FMC assembly plant.

Hope everybody is doing OK, prayers continuing for those in need!

Someone once said, " Unless you show us a picture - it didn't happen"! LOL :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back