WPF for 27 November to o3 December

Nice night sceen Jim. and I like that little cabosse.

The mirror is at a 45 deg angle just behing the black semi truck. the mirror starts at the brown building and ends behind the truck thus your eyes see the Brown building from 2 diffrent angels. I also added a small building next to the brown building that can only be seen in the mirror, I am attempting to add depth beyond the underpass.

Trent

An AHM trainset quality gondola. The only thing that's been done to it is the truck mounted coupler boxes were cut off and Kadee coupler boxes were body mounted.
DSCN2288.jpg

DJ, thank you for the kind words. I spent a lot of time on the Sunset mill, getting it to look like weathered wood and then adding a fair bit of detail to the scene. I actually do have minature working LED Christmas lights to string up across the streets but, with some of the changes I've made to downtown, it's going to be tougher to find places to hide the battery boxes.

Gary, slow speed running is my big problem with the old Bachmann too. I haven't tried fitting it to an Athearn BB frame but I think that's my next move.

Trent, thanks, that old caboose looked pretty good in 1972 but she's showing her age compared to the detail you can get on models today. I can just see the mirror now that you pointed out where it is exactly. That's a great job. You usually need one of those expensive single silvered mirrors to get that effect.

Jeffrey, I like those old 40' AHM gons. Swap out the trucks for some better detailed Bettendorfs with metal wheels and you've got a nice model for its age.

working on a shot idea here is one proving the concept. more to follow over the next few weeks as I build the diorama and camera set up.

rolling1.jpg

D4500, a "little old"? The D4500 is still used. The MC-8 is too, though I no't thing Greyhound runs it.

Some up close (perhaps too close) photos of the first two machines. The green piece is the radial arm drill press. The gray is the wheel borer. I even detailed it with a brass builders plate designed for HO scale which fit perfectly on the front.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Back