Weekly Photo Fun 3-4-11/3-10-11

Zac, I can't believe you destroyed that module. It was one of the best looking scenes I've seen. Of course, I know that I like building stuff more than anything else so maybe you do too. If your new layout is anything close to the module in quality then you will have a first class layout.

Ray, that detail work is something to be proud of. Good work!

Everyone else, great job! This thread continues to be an inspiration.

Progress on the town of Wells MN.

newlayout001-3.jpg

newlayout004-3.jpg

Messing around with different effects.

newlayout004-2-1-1.jpg

Went to the Local Train show at Harper College today. Lots of nicely detailed layouts present. The Palatine N track club layout is always impressive to see.

Ok, I'll play too if you don't mind everything being 20+ years old and currently in progress.

Making some progress at Angus Shops...

DSC01630.jpg

Units L-R Back Row: #81 MP15DC, #27 SW1200, Front Row: Track Geometry & Inspection Car #50, #9 GE 70T
Silver tank in background is diesel fuel supply. Sand tower not yet installed.

Also on Elevator Row @ Goldfield...

DSC01631.jpg

Unit #23 SW1200 spotting a grain train and BLR ballast cars waiting call out. This elevator will also have two auxiliary bins, one each side.

John P I haven't worked for the railroad since 1981 but I thought red over green was slow clear. We use to call out green on the bottom when the signal was diplayed. On a home board it was red over red over green and a drawf red over green. Proceed at 10 miles per hour, the block is clear.

George

NYC_George, we're using NORAC rules for our signals. Here's a listing:

http://modernrailroading.com/DigitalLibrary/Norac/signalaspectsandindications.htm

Rule 287, slow clear, includes green over red on a dwarf, just as I showed. The combination of red over green doesn't seem to be used.

But I just did a search on "NYC signal rules" and sure enough, Rule 287 lists red over green on a dwarf. You remembered it correctly! But the NYC is itself a memory.

http://www.railroadsignals.us/rulebooks/nyc37/nyc37.htm

Thanks to all for sharing their work ,great pics so far!!!!!

:eek: What's up here?: :eek:

The crew of the SP freight train saw those two depended cars from far and they choked their driving speed for a unscheduled stop at the westbound track at the Walnut junction.Immediately they communicated with the track control for blocking the tracks at the junction.

A switchman is checking the loads ....All in order....

They got the message from the track control that a another engine is on
the run to pull the cars into the next yard....:)

Here It comes...
UP #1495(ex Cotton Belt/SSW 7637) got slowly backwards into the interchange track .After stopping his loco the UP engeneer is having a short discussion with the SP crew because he was told from the trackcontrol that a "hot" intermodal train is sitting in the Yard and waits for it's departure.They coupled the cars as fast as they can to the engine for leaving fast the interchange track..

After the UP short train has left and the intermodal passed by they report:"tracks are free" ....but engeneer Jack Wagner is not in a hurry,he's smoking yet his third cigarette in quite calmly .....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FrankieBoy - Execellent pictures - just one question, how do you keep your figures standing up so nicely for these quick shots?

FrankieBoy - Execellent pictures - just one question, how do you keep your figures standing up so nicely for these quick shots?

Thanks guys for your kindly comments! :)
It makes lot of fun for me to "create"such scenes,I think they also bring some change and life into the forum.

Rico,I mostly use a glue stick,too.For this shooting I wasn't able to find my own one,so I "loaned" myself the gluestick at my children,and this time they missed it.Of course they suspected me immediately...:eek:.No chance for me,they know their Daddy's habbits when it comes for modelrailroading...

I make always a very little glue on the figures' feet,so I'm able to remove it easily without any problems.Many figures must not be glued they stand it by alone...like the SP engeneer .
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Back