Support the Forum!

Bruette

Hey Everyone!

I was suggesting a book to a new Forum member and I told him about the Forum's bookstore. I let him know a small portion of the purchase through the Forum book store goes to the Forum and the price we pay is the same as if we went straight through Amazon so its a win win situation!

I decided to start this thread because another very experienced Forum member posted that he was unaware of this and would have gladly bought his books through the Forum's book store. I wanted to let everyone know.

The books are organized making it easier to find the book you want and it supports the Forum! It does not cost us a dime and that is good because I spend every available dime I have on trains.

I know most of us buy train books. I know for me reading about trains is almost as fun as playing with my trains!

I have gotten so much out of being a Forum member. It has enhanced my enjoyment and knowledge of this great, but addictive hobby. It has to be the single most important thing I have done since becoming a full time model train junkie.

While I am at I should do something I have should have done long ago, thank you for this Forum and the great people who make the Forum great!

Support your friendly neighborhood Forum and treat yourself to another train book through the forum bookstore. You will be glad you did!

Thanks, Louis. I had never bothered to look more closely at the banner where 'bookstore' shows up clearly. Quite a handy resource.

$4288.99?!! for Bob Walker's Scratchbuilding for Model Railroaders: Craftsman Techniques Made Simple? And some other crazy prices! I sure hope it's a mistake!

Hey ZimDalf,

Amazon has its individual sellers, anyone can sign up to sell on Amazon and they can be just like some sellers on eBay.

Amazon does have shipping price policies, but its up to the individual as to what they set the selling price at.

Buyer Beware!

I should add that the forum book store is not an Amazon seller, the forum gets a commission from Amazon for the sale of books through the forum book store.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify ZimDalf, the prices in the bookstore are in no way set by the forum. The forum just gets a kickback for directing people to railroading related books and items listed on Amazon I assume. So if you do buy anything on Amazon, look here in the bookstore first before buying and it will help out the forum. It's a really good idea.

Louis,

Good stuff! And just in time as I'm in the process of buying some new books. Info that everyone needs to be aware of for sure.

Okay so at the risk of sounding like a smart-ass... if we date an Asian girl does the forum get anything?
I ask because I believe a click on a link earns a buck or something?
(sorry, I said ass, meant donkey)

Okay so at the risk of sounding like a smart-ass... if we date an Asian girl does the forum get anything?
I ask because I believe a click on a link earns a buck or something?
(sorry, I said ass, meant donkey)

Now maybe you will know why I asked?

Haha. I was wondering that myself Rico. I sent AdChoices a nasty email about that same ad I bet. I hope they aren't based on my browsing history because if they are I need to watch what the kids are doing on my PC while I am away.

Ooooh! and here's me thinking these girls all wanted me and me only, instead I find out they're spreading it around all you lot as well.

Back