Running Bear's March 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chet, that does look nasty and painful. Sort of reminds me of what the guy in the bed opposite me said to his surgeon after we had both had heart bypass ops done. He asked him why his shoulder was hurting so much. The reply was a beauty. "That's where I had my Knee when we were levering your chest apart."

In other weather news, the north of Australia is in for a left, right, "one, two" from cyclones, Trevor, in the N.E. and Veronica in the N.W. Trevor has already crossed Cape York peninsular from the northern Coral Sea as a Cat3 at landfall, now moving into the Gulf of Carpentaria at Cat1. It's expected to gain strength over the Gulf's warm waters and head S.W. toward the coast of the Northern Territory (state) at Cat4. Evacuations of the communities in the path have begun.

Veronica, over on the N.W. coast of Western Aus is also expected to intensify to Cat4 before it crosses the coast. Both are expected to do so this weekend.

Congrat's Trussrod, you da first today!!

Weather: Earlier this week they where showing us going above freezing and staying there over the weekend. Not so, now they're saying that will occur next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. That's O.K., at least they are still saying it will happen! There is little chance of precip over the next 10 days.

Does anyone order breakfast here in the Dinner anymore; or, do we just "Bich" about the weather? Flo, a cup of Joe and some buttered toast! Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning ...... Sunny and 35..... It will go up to 60 today. .... I'll have coffee and a blueberry muffin, please.

Have a great Friday, everybody.

Good morning everyone. 33 and sunny out there. Supposed to get into the 60s today, though. Is that winter I see in my rear-view mirror?

Chet - Continued prayers for a quick recovery.
David L&SM - another nice photo from your layout - I like the realism.

Tomorrow is our local train club's spring show - I'll be there with $$ in my wallet. Will post photos on Monday.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 48° and clear, looks like another day in the mid-70's, thunderstorms are predicted for tomorrow.
Yesterday I posted regarding the fiber-optics contractors working on my property; I went to talk with some of them as they were starting to dig a hole out front with a piece of equipment. I offhandedly commented to not hit the water main and received a puzzled look. I thought they didn't understand so I repeated it in Spanish and the one operating the equipment said something like "¿Hay una cañería de agua aquí? ". He then asked if I knew where it was? I showed him where I thought it was, I am not exactly sure myself. After leaving them to continue, I called the water coop and related my conversation. They had a man out here in less than 15 minutes to mark the water line...I wasn't too far off with my guess, maybe 6".

Thanks for the comments and likes for yesterday's pictures, Joe, Chet, Phil, Tom, Johnny, Dave, Sherrel, David, Curt, Garry and any others whom I may have missed. Running a bit late today so no pics.

My wrought-iron fence arrived in the mail yesterday and I can now complete the park scene. I did make a few more trees for the area but I still need some more. Mostly though, I just ran trains since time out in the train shed was once again rather limited.

Joe - It is unlikely that we'll actually get the fiber-optic anytime in the next few years. From the closest point that it is at right now (about two miles away), to my house, there are no houses except the family immediately next door. In our small enclave of six properties, there are only two of us with landline internet service.
Chet - Best wishes for your recovery. You'll be looking like The Hulk real soon now that beef & beer is back on the menu. I dislike hospitals, even just visiting.
Garry - That's actually a child sitting in the person's lap. Camera angle exaggerates the size a bit.

Today is National Goof-Off Day, enjoy yourself.
Everyone have a great Friday.

Good morning. 25 degrees to start off the day. Got up to 50 again yesterday and the glaciers are very slowly receding.

To start off, I really want to thank everyone with the words of encouragement for a quick recovery. I was overwhelmed. Yesterday was brutal. I did have to take some Oxycodone yesterday as much as I dislike opoiods. Took some again this morning to stay ahead of things. Got a call from my primary doctor, the hospital and the surgeons office yesterday just checking to see if everything was going well. The surgeons off said that the first three or four days would be the worst, which is just what I figured. Karl, I am ready for some beer, but will have to wait until I no longer need the oxy. I can see some improvement today.

Mark - Hope you start getting the warmer weather that we have experienced over the past week. I like you am over winter.

Dave - Nice photo. You really did some nice work on the old layout. That background you put in made a world of difference. Here is a photo of my potato warehouse or packing facility. Farmers bring in shier spuds where they are graded by size, packed and shipped out.

thumbnail_20190318_142858.jpg

This was the Walthers cannery kit. I cut out a door on the end of the building for a reefer car to load. The boiler house for the cannery I used to supply the roundhouse with steam.

Beady
- No photos of the Chicago Zephyr???

Here's a rail picture for today.

514911789_8b93488b4a_b.jpg

Don't think I'm quite ready to visit the train room, but the drugs sure made me sleepy. Maybe it's time for a nap.

Later

Sleep is good, CHET - Just don't make it a habit! LOL
That is a GREAT photo of your layout!

Mark is complaining about the weather postings, so I will refrain.
I will also order eggs over with sausage and grits and sourdough toast - make a side of bacon as well!

Good morning, a beautiful sunny one with birds flying and landing on the trees out our living room windows.

I see the table is about full this morning, David, Mark, Terry, Karl, Boris, Garry, Johnny, Willlie, Chet; and Sherrel checked in so far--cereal and coffee will work for me today

Greg--did you try out the decal yesterday?
Beady--sounds like a lot of activity in the train room
Greg--too bad you can't sell those oak leaves
Chet--those are some high powered drugs, I hope and pray your pain subsides, by the way; Nice town scene!!!

I took the day off work. Sometimes I wonder if I will make it through the summer. I have been doing construction inspection at a new place of employment for the past 6 months and the workload can get grueling. For most of the winter it has been concrete testing, which involves carrying a couple pails of mud from the truck to where I can set up for my tests, lots of in and out of the back of the pickup which is a big 1 ton 4 x 4, a pretty tall step.

Enough complaining, should be thankful I have a pretty good job.

Here is my layout shot of the day, the gravel pit:

_MG_5568.jpg

Take it easy today, Dave

DAVE The detail on the excavator, trackloader & dump truck is great. I'm guessing this is one of those "load yourself" quarrys as I don't see a driver in the dump truck. I've been in a few pits like this!! Very nice.
Dave in PV

Sleep is good, CHET - Just don't make it a habit! LOL
That is a GREAT photo of your layout!

Mark is complaining about the weather postings, so I will refrain.
I will also order eggs over with sausage and grits and sourdough toast - make a side of bacon as well!

I guess I'm really only interested in the weather as it affects me! If all your going to say here is: (hellofaFine mornin' to ya! It's 75 and partly cloudy) who really cares? At least include something about choo choos, that way we can all tell you are at least a Model Railroader!

Today is National Goof-Off Day, enjoy yourself.
Everyone have a great Friday.

Willie - As much as I want to celebrate this holiday, I have to go to work and they keep a close watch on me.

Chet: From experience, the Oxycodone will plug you up. Don't take too many!
Your on the road to recovery - floor it!

Dave: The gravel pit is great!

Afternoon All,

Had my eye appointment this morning at the VA. After getting home I did some chores then headed to the train room. I glued the side panels on the bents (to hold the coal) then decided to apply Tichy NBW's to the side boards for eye appeal. There are 8 sides to be done with 20 to each side. I finished 5 sides and ran out of the NBW's:rolleyes:. I do have Tichy Rivets that are almost the same size and decided to finish using them since the bents will be narrow side to the viewer so not a show stopper.

Toot- Prayers for those that will be affected by the storms.

Chet- Nice looking layout scene.

Mark- Nice layout shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back