Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Spent the morning building the frame for the second module and putting in the wire run holes. MOH and daughter went shopping today around 11 am and daughter brought the boys over so I had them cut the yard and edge.

Thank you for the likes. After the first one the second one went together easier with less bad words.

Terry- I would believe more likely the problem is the older BLI decoders. Let's face it, they don't have a great track record when it comes to their decoders even when brand new. I would try putting another decoder in the loco and give it a shot. I have a smaller unit (Digitrax 3 amp Zerhyr +) for close to 9 years and the only issues I have had with it is caused by me. One thing I have is a DCC Specialties circuit breaker in line between the main buss and command station.

Willie- Nice details and buildings. Did the Dad with the kid on his shoulders come like that or did you do that?

Joe- Interesting photo. I'm sorry I've forgotten what kind of surgery are you getting?

Sherrel- Nice looking building.

Greg- Great layout scenes.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: Good idea to place that circuit between the main buss and the Command Station. Extra protection. I think I'll do just that myself since the wiring is accessible and the unit easy to install.

I ordered one from DCC Specialties.

Greg

Last edited:
Howdy ...

Alan .... Thanks for responding to my post about MTH and Mike Wolf. You did a great job of explaining what really happened.

Curt .... Your new benchwork looks very well made and substantial.

WIllie .... The Canadian Geese eat grass, and they leave green poop in the driveway. ... Your work on downtown buildings is excellent .

Greg ... Your photos are very good.

Nana, nana, nana! :p

LOL, Shirley. 😮

Everybody ...... Have a nice evening.

Hardwood floors.
If you are having a lot of electronic failures that is usually indicative of a static control issue , carpet of course is really good at generating loads of static , hardwood is better it doesn't generate as much it just won't dispate any that accumulates very rapidly.

You haven't had any issues with being shocked by static in the room , especially during the winter months ?

It doesnt take much to destroy a PN junction. You can usually tell by placing you finger on the IC or FET and if its hot , or if the current draw is higher than it should be (the motor draws 100-250 ma but the loco is drawing 1 or 2 amps ) .

Well, since no one seems to care:

FB_IMG_1591647639095.jpg

what kind of surgery are you getting?
Curt: Total Left Knee Replacement. Believe you're right about BLI stuff. BLI electronics does some quirky things when least expected.

Good idea to place that circuit between the main buss and the Command Station. Extra protection. I think I'll do just that myself since the wiring is accessible and the unit easy to install.
Greg and Curt: Great Idea...I need to incorporate a couple on my layout also. The additional precaution is worth the cost.

I have no idea what it's showing, but I'm sure someone here will know.
Beady: our are looking at the car inspector in his position to inspect the underside of cars approaching the Apex of the Hump somewhere in our universe.

Sherrel: Beware of Coyotes bringing gifts...

Sunset Limited.jpg

The Sunset Limited passing through those "Miles and Miles of Texas".

Several years ago, I bought a Digitrax DB150 to take over for my aging DCS50 Zephyr. I stored the Zephyr in a drawer, and started using the DB150.
After many, many decoder failures blamed on the DB150, I sold it and got an NCE ProCab Wireless system, since that was what was being used at my club. I left the club, and the Pro Cab, while good, left a really sour taste after the warranty refusal I described. When I downsized to the small N layout, I really didn't need all that power anyway, so I sold it, dusted off the old DCS50, and started using it again. It is really dated, and won't handle new DCC features. I started looking around, and decided on the MRC. If I ever get it, we'll see how it compares to the others.

Several years ago, I bought a Digitrax DB150 to take over for my aging DCS50 Zephyr. I stored the Zephyr in a drawer, and started using the DB150.
After many, many decoder failures blamed on the DB150, I sold it and got an NCE ProCab Wireless system, since that was what was being used at my club. I left the club, and the Pro Cab, while good, left a really sour taste after the warranty refusal I described. When I downsized to the small N layout, I really didn't need all that power anyway, so I sold it, dusted off the old DCS50, and started using it again. It is really dated, and won't handle new DCC features. I started looking around, and decided on the MRC. If I ever get it, we'll see how it compares to the others.
I would bet even Rolls-Royce built a lemon or two.

Customer service comes down to who answers the call, and anybody can have a bad day. I would not be dealing with any vendor that treated me unfairly. Perish the thought that ever happens to me with Lionel. :eek:

I look forward to your review, I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back