Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been some weeks, so hello guys. I went only half way to the February posts. Willy great things on your lay out.
I will be busy with the150 years anniversary of our RR line and station in June this year. In between some nice RR model shows coming up.
And i was asked to support the training of ppl for tours in our former Royal Waiting room in our station. So pretty busy.
Nice to read your posts.

Been some weeks, so hello guys. I went only half way to the February posts. Willy great things on your lay out.
I will be busy with the150 years anniversary of our RR line and station in June this year. In between some nice RR model shows coming up.
And i was asked to support the training of ppl for tours in our former Royal Waiting room in our station. So pretty busy.
Nice to read your posts.
Let us know how the Anniversary celebrations go and of course fotos, fotos, fotos. 😀

For the record I'm not saying there is anything wrong with chili stew or chili stew with pasta or whatever Willie called it, or anything like that. They usually taste just fine. It's just not chili.

Y'all speaking about chili are making me hungry. I'll have to plan making some soon.

The last chili I made was for a church thing and I cheated as I didn't have any time. I took about 5 cans of various store bought chili and mixed them all together and added some seasonings and more meat and stuff to make it better. It wasn't half bad for a last minute batch thrown together. Normally I don't cheat like that with store bought chili.

In the midwest, this is Chili

Not the Texas Chili Con Carne

And my wife said it was yummy, especially with the leftover cornbread from our chuck roast night

Chili.jpg

According to one of my sisters, it's "Chili-mac" because it has noodles (Rotini)

According to my wife, it's Chili...

Found this online, so you know it's true! <snark> But it does a good job of highlighting the differences...

I'm always willing to learn about North American Locomotives, but I've not seen this one before, I'm sure I should know, but the lack of railings, which seem to on purpose is throwing me off, can anyone tell me what it is please?

View attachment 181435
That looks like an AHM/Yugoslavia RS11.
In addition to the handrails, the fuel and air tanks are missing.

Yahooo!
I got some good news and had to share.
I completed 28 radiation beam treatments for prostate cancer about fours weeks ago. The doctor told me that my PSA count was not detectable, which means the cancer is in complete remission.
Of course, I have follow up checks every few months, but this is a load off my mind.
I just hope several others from here can make similar statements soon.

Yahooo!
I got some good news and had to share.
I completed 28 radiation beam treatments for prostate cancer about fours weeks ago. The doctor told me that my PSA count was not detectable, which means the cancer is in complete remission.
Of course, I have follow up checks every few months, but this is a load off my mind.
I just hope several others from here can make similar statements soon.
That is great news!

And my wife said it was yummy, especially with the leftover cornbread from our chuck roast night

View attachment 181434

According to one of my sisters, it's "Chili-mac" because it has noodles (Rotini)

Found this online, so you know it's true! <snark> But it does a good job of highlighting the differences...

And this is a horse:

stock-photo-donkey-green-field-country-mammal-agriculture-meadow.jpeg

using the wrong name for something doesn't change what it is. :p

ETA: I'll just leave this here:

Last edited:
Got home Thursday evening, somewhat longer than the mentioned time. The op took longer and wasn't done till the Tuesday arvo. The first valve put in didn't perform properly so had to be removed and replaced, finished up with a Bovine one., encased in an expanded metal mesh frame. Mostly done while at least partly conscious, but I've got some big bruises on both arms, neck and groin. Just taking it easy. See my GP this weekend and go from there.

View attachment 181434

You can call it what you want, but your sister is correct, Chili-Mac it is. IMHO
The link that you posted indicated that Indiana is the outlier of the group by adding pasta. True Chili is an ingredient in Chili-Mac, Chili Stew or any other combination. In your household, your wife can be right though. Note that I do use tomatoes but pulverize them beyond recognition. If I use garden Peppers instead of chili powder, I also do the same.

Good morning all. A coffee on the go please, Flo.

Mike. Great news indeed.

Chili. I use chili in Asian food I cook.

Managed to have a little time in the train room.

Leeds, Scarcroft & Wetherby Railway locomotive 'Scarcroft' at Clarence Dock Goods Yard

IMG_2958.JPG

A Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway boxvan at Hudson Ward Flour Millers.

IMG_2957.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back