Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Hey Eric, it's cool man. You're covered- 2nd Amendment. You have the right to bare arms. [no sleeves on your shirt.]

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Eric, it's cool man.
Phil

Thanks Phil. Stuff like that makes some people nervous. There is boat-load of firepower I'm holding there. The Desert Eagle 50 was laying on the table in front of me. I'm much more comfortable with that AR than I am with the Beast.
I could have posted the pic of Kubota with the hood-mounted holster for the 1911. That's different.
Here is the Beast in my hand.
P2280010.jpg

Good Morning, 7 and sunny. We hit 53 on Saturday and today will barely get out of the single digits. Heard a white throated sparrow this am while walking to the car. Nice springtime sound. Guess he isn't aware of the temp this morning.

I spent all day Sat in the train room, except we went on a walk about 430 to enjoy the warmth. I will post a few pics on my build thread.

Ken--Really good to read your thread on the air brush experiences. I plan on getting one later this spring and know where to get the tips!

Bob--Sounds like you are working on a really big project!! I like the updates.

Karl--you may have to start labelling the freezer goods. meatballs or donut holes

more later, lasm

Eric-I was never any good with a handgun. But if I could see it,could hit it with a rifle.
Loved my M-1 and my Marlin 39A .

ttfn
Phil

Ken--Really good to read your thread on the air brush experiences. I plan on getting one later this spring and know where to get the tips!

Dave, if you don't have an airbrush yet, there is a feller who posts occasionally who is a dealer. I got mine from him. Several folks probably know who I'm talking about. He can hook you up with everything you need. He doesn't bring it up on the forum so as not to give the impression of advertising.

Eric-I was never any good with a handgun. But if I could see it,could hit it with a rifle.
Loved my M-1 and my Marlin 39A .

ttfn
Phil

With that scope, you can really reach out there and make it easy.

Where ya been? Haven't seen you post in a week or so.
E
Bought a full-size 84 bronco that I have been working on. It's in good shape considering its age and where it came from. Brought her out of Ohio which is everything like here with the road salt. I was surprised at her condition. But like anything with some miles she needs work so that's where I have been. She's a running and driving bronco though so it's a win for me.

Justin

Dave, if you don't have an airbrush yet, there is a feller who posts occasionally who is a dealer. I got mine from him. Several folks probably know who I'm talking about. He can hook you up with everything you need. He doesn't bring it up on the forum so as not to give the impression of advertising.

Sounds good, Eric; send me a pm.

Bought a full-size 84 bronco that I have been working on. It's in good shape considering its age and where it came from. Brought her out of Ohio which is everything like here with the road salt. I was surprised at her condition. But like anything with some miles she needs work so that's where I have been. She's a running and driving bronco though so it's a win for me.

Justin

Nice! Is that the old style full size Bronco or the later model Bronco II (baby Bronco).

Greetings fellow spike stompers. 54 degrees heading to mid 80's with clear skies - reached 87 yesterday.

Headed out the door to Walmart to grab a few things for myself and the doggies - we're all out of treats! Horrors!

Then off to BestBuy to see if the crowd there can disengage this computer pad. I searched all over last night and this morning - found reference o the mouse in the settings section, but could not activate a box to disable the pad even though there was a box there.

Then I have to try and figure out how to cap the sprinkler line that is broken and just run a new line. Repairing the broken line is impossible where it is. Too many tree roots, The main supply line to ALL the yard sprinklers, a drainage line from the roof gutters. Everything is in the way to get to the break.

OK, here I go!

Old style full-size. 5.0 engine with a C6 transmission. Carburetted as well. She fires up with only one pump on the gas pedal.

Justin

5.0 and C6 - good deal!!!
If that motor ever goes "tango uniform" put an 86' 5.0 HO motor from a Mustang in it.
E

Yesterday, 61 degrees and now a Winter Storm Warning for tonight and tomorrow!!! Guess tomorrow is a railroad basement day!!!

May be a little railroad project work this afternoon.

Big E:.....Heard that some of the older Broncos are collector items and get top $$$ from those who restore them or use them off Roading.

Thanks.

Greg

H.O. engine would be a good addition. Just have to remember the firing order is the same as a 351.

Justin

I don't know about the firing order. I don't remember.
The 5.0 HO motor is what came out in the 86 Mustang (my old car). 86 was the first year they went to EFI. Pretty much the same engine block except the 'Tang motor had roller rockers and a bit bigger cam. Of course the Mustang came with factory headers. I replaced the exhaust system from headers back to a 3" pipe, got rid of the catalytic packs and put in 3 chamber FlowMasters and the h-pipe/crossover. Talk about a change in the power-band!!! It was like a completely different car and more scarier to drive. It sure drew attention from a few blocks away no doubt.

Big E:.....Heard that some of the older Broncos are collector items and get top $$$ from those who restore them or use them off Roading.

Thanks.

Greg

You're probably thinking of the late 60s early-mid 70 model which looks like the Bronco II sort of.
When I worked at a Ford dealership for a while they sent me on parts running with one of those older models.
It was WAAAYYY over powered! I think it had a 302. If I put it in 4wd granny low it would just about pull the front wheels up.

Gees.... when was that? 35 years ago at least.
I'm not that old- yet.
E

. . .

. . .
Karl--you may have to start labelling the freezer goods. meatballs or donut holes
. . .

Dave - Eric is right, the guy he's talking about is probably the most knowledgeable on the Forum when it comes to airbrushes. Me, OTOH, I'm just now starting to figure the dang things out!

BTW - It was Terry who had the meatball accident, not Karl.

Back