Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Hello shop dwellers! Gotta make this quick, I shoulda been in bed an hour ago.

Joe - I tried to view your image and got an "invalid attachment" message.

I've spent a large part of the day learning to use this software that lets me control my camera thru my laptop. That opens up a whole new world to me - the pics I was getting via the automatic focus never turned out good, and my old eyes can't focus thru the tiny viewfinder. So now I can manually focus viewing it thru my computer screen - YES!!!:cool:

Here's a couple of experimental shots I took this evening:

BnO_7491_640x480.jpg

BnO_6589_a_640x480.jpg

(I'll have to repaint that geep in the 2nd image - the camera exposes all the splotch marks that aren't visible to the naked eye :rolleyes:)

...and that's it for me, for tonight.

It's nice when something works, Did the software come with the camera?

Sorry about the "invalid Attachment". Ever since I migrated to Windows 10, I have not been able to upload any photos to this forum. Funny thing is that in the "edit" mode, the photo comes up clearly, but when the post is saved it doesn't come up in the forum. Since it was a phone cam image from my android phone, win10 and the Droid are somehow conflicting. FWIW, I removed the photo. When I find the problem, and fix it I'll re-post it.

Not sure which splotch marks you are looking at? ...

Behold - the splotches: (See how many more you can count!:p)

splotches_closeup.jpg

KEN- Don't repaint that engine. It looks REAL as is. A tired paint crew , in a hurry to get home, did the job.

Thanx Phil, I think I have an even better story: That geep is haunted, and those are orbs (spirits) of all the guys who worked on that unit and dissappeared!:eek:

It would be great to meet up. Maybe Carey will be out of his "enthusiasm funk" by then. If you all swing down through here, come see me. You'd be impressed with my work - I hope. Birmingham is 3 hours drive west from me.
I'll have to try and learn from your scenery experiences, that is one "nut" I have NOT successfully cracked yet!

Sorry about the "invalid Attachment". Ever since I migrated to Windows 10, I have not been able to upload any photos to this forum. Funny thing is that in the "edit" mode, the photo comes up clearly, but when the post is saved it doesn't come up in the forum. Since it was a phone cam image from my android phone, win10 and the Droid are somehow conflicting. FWIW, I removed the photo. When I find the problem, and fix it I'll re-post it.

Joe, sorry to hear about the image dysfunction; your story confirms I made the right decision to stay away from Windows 10! Color me cynical if you will, but anytime a software vendor pushes something as hard as Microsoft has been pushing Win10, I can only assume that they have more to gain from it than I will.

Yes it did. However, I did have to call Canon tech support to download and install the correct device driver for my op sys (Win 8.1) before I got it working.

Joe, what is the file extension your pics are saved as? I expect the forum software doesn't like it. But, I would think you'd have gotten a rejected message if that was the case.

Ken, Joe, et.al.
I don't think it has anything to do with Win8/8.1 or 10. I've had 8 and it sucked. 10 is doing me fine except for that pos new Edge browser. Well... unless they have some default "save picture as" setting I'm not aware.
Ironically I used to image software toolkits for other software developers. I wrote a full editing package around our DLL package (fairly difficult and meant for advanced developers). We made that "sample application" free for download. Turned out we got more requests and downloads for my sample than we did making sales on our products. Some wanted to buy the source code to my sample app. It's no longer available. But that was 17 years ago since I worked for those folks. Fun stuff - ALL the mathematics I could possibly stand and then some!!!

Sorry, I still miss that world of intense programming. Only 2nd to systems programming at the kernel level.
E.

Hi gang!
Nascar is on, so now I'm in the house. Started out in the garage a 8, working on the boys car. Metalwork is all done, just gotta sling mud, but I deserve a break today, so It has to wait!
So I'm watching Napcar and working on a Jaeger lumber load for a Front Range Opera window flat Gotta wrap 40 blocks of wood.......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive :rolleyes:

Hi gang!
Nascar is on, so now I'm in the house. Started out in the garage a 8, working on the boys car. Metalwork is all done, just gotta sling mud, but I deserve a break today, so It has to wait!
So I'm watching Napcar and working on a Jaeger lumber load for a Front Range Opera window flat Gotta wrap 40 blocks of wood.......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive :rolleyes:

"....so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive..."
Yeah, kind of like me messing with these cabinets for the last month. God's grace and will I'll finish them off completely (except for touch ups here and there) tomorrow.

Besides cleaning Larry's 1911 tomorrow, after finishing the cabinets, I'll start on refinishing the crown and chair-rail molding in the fancy dining room.
E.

Evening All,

Never made it to the train club yesterday. Today I did up all the paperwork to do ops, staged everything, powered up the TT module and went to rotate the TT and...nothing. After messing with it for about an hour I was going through the TT paperwork looking for the ERR1 code the control unit was displaying. I finally found about a 2 sentence blurb that stated to clean the contacts under the bridge and check the control cable that is plugged into the control box. I did that and it started working. After all that I moved my H10s across the bridge and shut everything down. I was done for the day.

Sherrel- Very nice loco. I took your advise and weathered the fuel truck. Thanks for the suggestion.

BigE- That is a heck of a hand gun..I mean hand cannon.

Karl- When it rains it pours.

Ken- Great pics. Unless they bother you, you can't see the spots unless you know where they are.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe, what is the file extension your pics are saved as? I expect the forum software doesn't like it. But, I would think you'd have gotten a rejected message if that was the case.

Standard jpg file Eric. Initially Win 10 just wiped out my old MS Office 2003 software, but since the most recent update, strange things have happened. Might have something to do with Adobe Photoshop Express installing itself as the default photo viewer, but I'm going to remove that pos app. Then I will try again.

Well gees... he called back!!!
I won't tell the story. That's up to him.
Now I'm wishing I wasn't so non-social.
I missed out on a Jeep jamboree today as well.
E

Standard jpg file Eric. Initially Win 10 just wiped out my old MS Office 2003 software, but since the most recent update, strange things have happened. Might have something to do with Adobe Photoshop Express installing itself as the default photo viewer, but I'm going to remove that pos app. Then I will try again.

Yeah,never accept the defaults unless you really know.
E

Excellent!:cool: Did any of those ever make it into the Conrail era?

Yes. Most retained the PC black with patch outs, although I believe there some in CR blue. I know in 1979, there were a bunch assigned to Orangeville, normally sandwiched between a couple of GP30s. They were used on the Baltimore Transfer Crew (aka "Triple Unit'), BW1 & WB2 between Baltimore and Potomac yard, and on the Popes Creek coal trains. (6 unit consists, normally 4 GP30s and 2 GP9Bs), From Bay View or Fulton (off WM) to Chalk Point or Morgantown (MD). Other places they showed up at included Morrisville, PA.

Good Morning All. Overcast and 52 degrees here this morning, quite dark too. Last night's weather was interesting, thunder and lightning, and mist...yes mist! Only moisture in the last six or seven weeks. Watched a bit of the Daytona 500 yesterday, but I didn't see Chet in the stands... The parts I saw were pretty good, no major accidents and some high speed laps. Nice last-second finish by Hamlin.
Garry - I pretty much agree, as the fight might take much more time than I would be willing to devote when I would probably lose in the end due to the deductible.
Ken - That shot of the real 6589 looks like something we used to see all the time on the SP around here. They were notorious for never washing/repainting their engines. The only exceptions were the SPSF ( Shouldn't Paint So Fast) Kodachrome units.
Joe, Ken et. al. - I am skeptical of downloading Win10. I learned a long time ago to beware of "freebies". Not every Microsoft product works...I got burned when I bought a new desktop a few years back and it had Vista. Best Buy said that they couldn't backdate to XP even if I paid. Win7 which I have now seems OK for me. Win8 on my wife's laptop sucks.
Karl - so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive .......so repetitive - been there done that! But in the end :)
Curt - New picture of the weathered truck?
Joe - I like your B-unit. I like them in general. Santa Fe used a lot of them right up to the end, many of their 23-GP60B's made it into BNSF paint.

That's it for now. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Willie

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning gang! :cool:
Time for another 5 day rest before another weekend. Carrying in firewood, fixing cars and other chores is tough!:rolleyes:

Back