Running Bear's Coffee Shoppe LX

Terry, I was going to suggest a while ago that you get yourself degaussed because of all the horrible stuff that seems to gravitate to you. If what just happened didn't do that, might still suggest that you do.:( Hope your insurance comes to your aid quickly.

I dug out a spare power supply, and verified the dcc system itself is okay. It seems to be, and to further tempt Fate, I decided to run my BLI Daylight set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cUxI-j8xC8
I spent most of the afternoon replacing the power supply in my desktop computer. The part itself was not tough to replace, though I did have to go pretty deep into the guts of it to access all the connectors. That particular computer is pretty elaborate, and I will go to some pretty extreme lengths to get it back up and running. It has dual quad core processors, 48Gb of RAM, dual monitors, and 4Tb of storage. Oh, and a 29 inch monitor...
My wife's desktop will be a lot easier to take care of, as it has what amounts to a laptop power supply.
I've spent several days pricing and replacing appliances, while we used the appliances in our travel trailer.

Got'ta get the essentials sorted first, never mind the food, there's always McD's or Burger King, and at least the toilet still flushes (hopefully not as a direct consequence).

Well, our granddaughter's volleyball team got second place in the tournament. They have come a long way from their first game and have become a talented team of seventh graders. They have every right to be proud and should have a great future ahead of them. This was their first tournament and I think they're looking forward to their next!

BOB Thanks for the link ... He was a rather talented bloke - eh?
As JOE said .. "covers all the bases" - lol.

Congratulations to your granddaughters and their team Bob, that's a great achievement. Nothing like success to breed more of it.

While you guys and gals are "enjoying" that lovely cool weather, we here have been sweating through several weeks of 83-90+ temps with killer humidity also up in the same numbers, fact I think they're competing also. It's like being trapped inside a sauna. Walk out of somewhere not A/C'd into it, is like having a hot, wet blanket dropped over you, requiring scuba gear to breath.

Congratulations to your granddaughters and their team Bob, that's a great achievement. Nothing like success to breed more of it.

While you guys and gals are "enjoying" that lovely cool weather, we here have been sweating through several weeks of 83-90+ temps with killer humidity also up in the same numbers, fact I think they're competing also. It's like being trapped inside a sauna. Walk out of somewhere not A/C'd into it, is like having a hot, wet blanket dropped over you, requiring scuba gear to breath.

Thanks, Toot! My GD told us the after winning their first round that the team they were to play next was undefeated. I just looked at her and said "til now"! She smiled, nodded her head in agreement and said "you're right"! And I was!

Living here in the Midwest, we adapt to the high humidity by growing a small set of gills. Not overly noticeable but they do help!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was wondering why nobody was saying anything in the other running bear. Took me a little bit to find this one. Received my engine house and placed the order for the rest of my locomotive service utilities. I guess I'll head on to work on my ballasting some more. I have two more grade crossings to put in and I should be getting ready to add my roads in and do up the rest of my scenery.

Justin

Good morning gentlemen....

Just picked up another two pack of Milwaukee Road cabooses....

Rib sided caboose #01882 (#991882): Unknown
Rib sided caboose #01898 (#991898): Scrapped

Wish you all a joyful Sunday....

Well I was wondering why nobody was saying anything in the other running bear. Took me a little bit to find this one. Received my engine house and placed the order for the rest of my locomotive service utilities. I guess I'll head on to work on my ballasting some more. I have two more grade crossings to put in and I should be getting ready to add my roads in and do up the rest of my scenery.

Justin

Took me for a loop when I first saw that too, they keep it fresh and start new after 100 pages.

Back