Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

I forgot to mention; every time the police set up a sting, fake drug dealer, 90% of who they catch are white people from surrounding counties and affluent parts of the city. Some from other states as far away as New York and North Carolina.

Baltimore's junkies don't usually buy on the street and if they do they buy from dealers they know, dealers who are real.

Baseball :) thank God for baseball!

It's an intricate game, a thinking man's game, a game of subtleties. Trying to introduce baseball to people can be difficult at best. It's something best learned at a very young age. My Hungarian wife still has not grasped the game. She is an avid American football fan and understands the game very well, but baseball... as she said "baseball is too complicated"

I leaned this year that it is difficult to teach 7 and 8 year olds the game if they don't have any previous experience. My boys on our team would have done much better if I had recognized how little they understood the game earlier in the season. Live and learn, next year I will better prepare them.

Willie your description of baseball reminds me of how I use to think about golf. My thoughts on golf were best summed up by Bugs Bunny "don't ya get tired running those 18 bases doc?" That is until I played the game, then I found new appreciation for it. I love golf, but I have only played maybe a dozen times and only broke 100 once! Who knew it was so hard to hit a ball sitting still!

Dam am I loosing stuff today or what!
First I couldn't find my keys and now I can't find any of the shipping containers so I can stage one with my new container loading crane.

How dam annoying!!!
E

First I couldn't find my keys and now I can't find any of the shipping containers so I can stage one with my new container loading crane.

How dam annoying!!!
E
...Have you checked the toilet?...

How dam annoying!!!
E
Have you looked in the toilet?

ETA: Ninja'd, dammit!

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Louis.... My daddy told me a long time ago, "Only guys with little bitty balls play golf"!

Golf was invented soes guys like me can sleep in front of the TV! How do you say ... Boring?

I feel the need to go ride another train! (just for the fun of it!)

MetrolinkLocos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon All,

Did some chores this morning then started my scratch build project. I spent a couple of hours on that before stopping. It may be Thursday before I get back to it because of Grand Parent duties this week. The first window cut out was kinda rough but I will make it work. The walls are 3/32 clapboard with Tichy windows.

Eric- Nice track work.

Sherrel- It looks like you figured out your picture sharing issues.

Terry- Sorry to hear about your surprise expenses.

Willie- Kind of a strange story about your nurse neighbor.

VA Ken- That was a good idea to stop. Texas is a huge state and not a lot in the western side especially at night.

Louis- I pretty much quit watching baseball after their strike in 1994 and I rarely watch the NFL also. As far as I'm concerned pro sports talks a good game about fans but we all know that the dollar rules everything in pro sports.

20170806_122032.jpg20170806_122102.jpg20170806_135100.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Someone mentioned about a JustPlug closeout sale somewhere.
Is there a link to it? I don't remember anything more than that.
E.

Louis.... My daddy told me a long time ago, "Only guys with little bitty balls play golf"!

Golf was invented soes guys like me can sleep in front of the TV! How do you say ... Boring?

I feel the need to go ride another train! (just for the fun of it!)

View attachment 62708

Sherrel your Dad sounds like he was as fun guy to be around!

Golf is much better to play than it is to watch and yes it does induce sleep when you watch it. I have to admit I have been known to turn on a tournament as it is concluding. I would have been a better player if they had foul balls in golf.

Train ride sounds like a great idea!

Louis- I pretty much quit watching baseball after their strike in 1994 and I rarely watch the NFL also. As far as I'm concerned pro sports talks a good game about fans but we all know that the dollar rules everything in pro sports.

Curt you are right, money does rule sports, but I still enjoy watching the games being played by the best players in the world.

I just finished watching the birds take the final game against the Tigers, 12-3. That makes 2 out of three and that is how you make the playoffs! Now we are only 2 games back in the wild card standings and we are not yet out of the AL East race.

I flipped over to watch the end of the Nationals game against the Cubs. Just in time to see Joe Madden, (the genius) decide to walk the bases loaded with a pitcher that struggles with control. The next batter did the manly thing, turn into a curve ball allowing it to hit him, you don't see that much any more. That tied the game, next batter hits a grand slam and the Nationals go on to come from behind to win 9-4!

Curt you are right, money does rule sports, but I still enjoy watching the games being played by the best players in the world.

Louis and Curt .... Unfortunately, greed can lead to the use of performance enhancing drugs. Not good. .... Also, I wonder why some people think it is okay for athletes and entertainers to be extremely rich, but they are critical of people who make big money in big business. Hypocritical. ... I do not watch sports as much as I used to.

In reference to the crime wave, at least as far as the movement of huge amounts of untraceable cash is concerned, which the drug trade feeds on, will be the cashless society, where no payment, or transfer of wealth, not even a cent can be made, without leaving a trail. Smart phones will make that possible. All cash that has been accumulated and stored will become worthless after a short amnesty time to allow for it's depositing to bank accounts. We may even see the end of such places as offshore tax havens, that will be heavily resisted I know, but with governments increasingly looking for ways to increase their tax base, it would find a lot of political favor among the common voter.

Good morning.
Yesterday was--fun...
New phone to replace the one I dropped in some really dirty water, and took the truck in to get the exhaust manifold replaced. The right hand one. The one that takes 7.5 hours to replace (if everything isn't liberally coated with rust). Not the left one that takes an hour and a half to replace. $1,000.00 later, it's been replaced, the check engine light is off, and it passed our local emissions inspection. BTW, that figure doesn't count the phone replacement... Anybody wanna buy some used trains?...

What are you selling? You always gave me good stuff.
Or were you just being sarcastic?
E

What are you selling? You always gave me good stuff.
Or were you just being sarcastic?
E
No, not really sarcastic.
I have a pair of BLI sharks, painted D&H blue and silver warbonnet, a Rivarossi U25c, L&N, silent decoder, Bowser C430, L&N, silent decoder, or RDG C430, silent decoder, heavily weathered, Athearn gas turbine with silent decoder, Atlas FM H16-44, NYC, with loksound decoder, Walthers/Proto RS27 pair in Conrail blavk/Penn Central patch, and QSI sound, Atlas Alco RS32 with tsunami, BLI UP MT73, grey, with sound and smoke, BLI ATSF 3756 4-8-4 with QSI sound and no smoke.

No, not really sarcastic.
I have a pair of BLI sharks, painted D&H blue and silver warbonnet, a Rivarossi U25c, L&N, silent decoder, Bowser C430, L&N, silent decoder, or RDG C430, silent decoder, heavily weathered, Athearn gas turbine with silent decoder, Atlas FM H16-44, NYC, with loksound decoder, Walthers/Proto RS27 pair in Conrail blavk/Penn Central patch, and QSI sound, Atlas Alco RS32 with tsunami, BLI UP MT73, grey, with sound and smoke, BLI ATSF 3756 4-8-4 with QSI sound and no smoke.

Geez Terry,
You having a fire sale?
Doubling up on truck payments?
Why the big sell off?
Don't answer if it's personal of course.
E.

Geez Terry,
You having a fire sale?
Doubling up on truck payments?
Why the big sell off?
Don't answer if it's personal of course.
E.
$1000 for truck repair, $225 to pay off my old phone so I could buy a replacement. But ar least it's a new phone...

Back