Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

On many of the early Atlas Dual Mode decoders, to switch from DC to DCC required access to the board and changing a plug (bridge) on a eight pin connector to enable which function you required.

Greg

Greg and Chet:
I believe this is one of the newest with ESU sound decoder, unless I misunderstood. Might be a little different. I have an H16-4-4 with one of those early dual mode decoders, what a PIA.

IMG_2591.JPG

Background is a little dark, but that's the basic brick freight station. Windows and glazing next, then partial interior, shadowbox and roof and platform on railroad side. At least, it's right side up.

What were you looking at? Even with the good deals advertised and implied, they ain't cheap.
Chevy Colorado.
We are $8k upside down in the truck we have now. The credit union will happily loan us the money, but the payment would be $600 a month...

REALLY! Green earrings? She can't color coordinate her ensemble any better than that? What is this younger generation thinking? She shouldn't have even showed up for the photo shoot.........

Chevy Colorado.
We are $8k upside down in the truck we have now. The credit union will happily loan us the money, but the payment would be $600 a month...

Terry: That's a steep off set, and the $600/month sucks. Price wise, trucks are way out of line.

REALLY! Green earrings? She can't color coordinate her ensemble any better than that? What is this younger generation thinking? She shouldn't have even showed up for the photo shoot.........

Nah!, she's a lot older than she looks, well photoshopped. But they missed the wrinkles in her bellybutton.

Good morning, everyone. 73 and rainy here in SW MO, heading for 83 today, 40% chance of storms. Nice weekend coming up, though, and highs back to 90 by Monday - as I said, summer's back!

Nothing to report from the trainroom, except that MOH ("trainroom widow") helped me put up a wall backdrop, and I started working on another kit build, a small house - I need several more for the town.

Willie - Yes, MOH is a "trainroom widow" but she supports my addic- - , er, hobby and enjoys watching the layout grow and seeing the trains run. 43 years together and it keeps getting better!

Have a good day everyone.

You guys keep posting those photos of girls on railroad tracks. Check this one out if you want to see some real tail - - -

25231135-lonely-stray-dog-on-the-railroad-tracks.jpg

Nah!, she's a lot older than she looks, well photoshopped. But they missed the wrinkles in her bellybutton.

HOLY MOLY! How big of a screen do you guys have to see that??? Or let me guess, Toot looking at girls with his Optivisor on??;)

Good Morning Everyone. Mostly cloudy and 83° this morning. Starting out a bit warm today. Grandsons and their mom came by yesterday to pick up the granddog who has been staying with us for the last two weeks. What a relief! She's a nice dog, but rather dumb by doggie standards. I mean how many times do you go after a large tomcat that's already kicked your a$$ a number of times? Six that I know of on this visit alone and she hasn't stopped!
Did some more track painting and ballasting yesterday. Ran out of medium gray ballast which I use on industrial sidings and spurs. I know (I think) that I have another bag of that one somewhere...but where? I found the backup light gray and gray blend ballast that I use for mains and passing sidings. I have almost a whole bag of fine, but it just doesn't look right. Started getting my ground foam ready. Hope to actually paint the bare plywood an earth brown today

Jerry - I remember those ads, or ones just like it from my childhood. They weren't just in model RR'ing magazines either. Earrings? What earrings?
Johnny - The temptation (pun intended) is there. They are coming in late November sometime. Congratulations on 43 years. In three weeks we celeb...er observe 45 years.
Louis - Both the old and new A/C's are the same model and weigh about 60# each. I am also a fan of window A/C's; I use three in the house and one in the train shed. I recently replaced a 25 yo unit that still worked, but as you posted, the newer ones are more efficient and quieter. Out here in the country, I can open the windows and use ceiling fans at night all but about 40 days a year. I do keep a new spare A/C around. Actually I am a hoarder and have at least four very old working ones in the barn as well. Just didn't have the time to head for the recycler while I was still working. Regarding Motörhead. Reverence comes with the death of key members, for them it started in 2011 with the death of Würzel, then continued in 2015 with the deaths of both Philthy and Lemmy. Pretty much the same thing happened years ago with Buddy Holly, Janis Joplin, Jim Croce, Harry Chapin and Kurt Cobain and others. Others such as Hendrix, Jim Morrisson and members of Lynyrd Skynyrd were already revered.
Tax refund - probably cheaper to just send you the check than to spend the time to hear an appeal!
Maybe I missed the post, but I take it that you decided on the new residence. Good luck with the move.
Chet - Yeah! A/C is a necessary thing around here. I use three window units and rotate which ones are on at any given time. Rarely do I have more than one on at a time, as the house is well insulated and I have fans to circulate air if needed. Example: We run one in the bedroom some nights set at 75°. goes off in the morning, but the temperature back there rarely rises above 78° by nightfall. DC vs DCC! Oh what a choice. I'm sorry that you are experiencing issues. I'll stick with my DC.
Greg - I too experienced the Sly and the Family Stone thing in the '70's as well. He lost many fans because of that. Never saw BS&T.
Curt - ELO was awesome and I rate them right up there along with Yes (with Rick Wakeman) as some of my favorite concerts. Concerts and music are truly the reasons that I have to wear hearing aids today. 40% deaf in both ears and still diminishing even though I stopped going to live venues in the early '90's. Hard lesson that I learned. Building is coming along well.
Joe - Bill Haley. So cool, He really rocked and kept the sound alive during those dark days when Buddy, Ritchie and Big Bopper died, Elvis went to the army, Chuck Berry went to jail, Everly Brothers fought and broke up and Pat Boone was the only alternative!
Freight station looks really nice.
Terry - Good luck with the shopping.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Back