Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-worker is doing well, if he continues, he'll be released tomorrow.
My niece seems to have dropped off the face of the earth after telling me she had a heart attack. I know she's still alive, because I see her activity on social media. She hasn't continued any dialog with me, nor has she responded to messages or calls.

I'm referring to your MOM's talent to make the holder for your tools. You told her what you needed- she thought about it and made it. TALENT and BRAINS. You got yours from her.

Flip

p.s.- need more coffee-heck, it's lunch time. be back later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning, 77 and headed for 83, looks like rain on it's way as well, been raining south of us for most of the morning.

Good morning everyone. 93 already here in SW MO, but hopefully relief in sight for Sunday and Monday - much needed RAIN!!

Just a quick post to say hi - on vacation. Have my FIL here this week, up from the great state of East Texas :) Showing him the local sights. Nephew and his family also in town, so have been having many meals with large numbers of people at our house! Love not going to work (hmmm - - retirement is looking better all the time, maybe sooner than planned). Moving forward with a structure (dairy distributor) and a bridge builds, but with all the goings-on I haven't made too much progress.

Will post again when I can. have a good day everyone.

Howdy ...

Flip ... That is good of you to contact the the old members of the Diner.

Below is a work in progress photo of my bridge project .... The white plaster now has rock colors. I still have much work to do scubas the foreground and scenery under the bridges. I need to add ground cover in several locations. Trees too.

36025581486_4d6a1c6f9a_k.jpg

86 and 61% outside, 75 and 43% inside. Think I'll stay inside.

I've got to be a little careful with alcohol, addiction comes down from Dad's side of the family, and my brother's recovering. I think I'm safe, though, since I haven't been drunk since celebrating my last college exam. Cigarettes were my addiction, and I beat that 25 years ago.

Anyway, I'll have the occasional beer, and I'll often drink a glass of mead before going to bed. My "social" drink for wedding receptions and such is a Bloody Mary. Come the holidays, it's time to get into the spiked eggnog and I don't hold back.

Does anybody drink Harvey Wallbangers anymore? They were all the rage in the 1970s.

Since we're on the subject(s), alcohol might explain this:

26ff6cf1aa4d3dd10f9f10e13e1121f0.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Co-worker is doing well, if he continues, he'll be released tomorrow.
My niece seems to have dropped off the face of the earth after telling me she had a heart attack. I know she's still alive, because I see her activity on social media. She hasn't continued any dialog with me, nor has she responded to messages or calls.

Terry I am happy to hear about your co-worker.

As for your niece, not much you can do to help people that won't help themselves.

In all things I try to focus on things I can control and not to worry about things beyond my control.

Garry = That's going to be one impressive scene when it's complete. Waiting to see when it done.

Here's another bridge photo.

2-railway-track-paul-fell.jpg

Afternoon All,

About all I've accomplished today is grocery shopping with MOH. I visited the train room for awhile but accomplished nothing. Tomorrow I will probably make it to the club for awhile.

Eric- Nice job by your Mom.

Chet- You almost need a computer to sort that track mess up, and talk about a track to nowhere.

Garry- Great looking car...lousy beer. The bridges look great.

Terry- Good news about your coworker.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon. Took off early to supervise my grandson's mowing of the lawn. He did a good job and at least the temps didn't get up to where they were predicted.

IMAG1201.jpg

The new weather station. Just right for old folks. Large numbers.

The valley is quite smoky though with all of the forest fires in the western US.

I have to change over some truck mounted couplers to body mounted couplers on a couple of the Northern Pacific passenger cars that will be gouing over to Livingston tomorrow night. First the rain birds have to be put back out and then it will probably be time for a beer.

Good evening.

train_station-wallpaper-10439871.jpg

Well... crap.... none of the stuff I ordered showed up today which means Monday at the earliest.
I've done just about worked myself out of anything to do for the next few days.

I still have a few cars to build but I kind of burned myself out after all those other cars I was doing.
I did finish my Miller High Life car this afternoon.

I think I've decided building train cars is little more than monotonous - to me anyway. Well... maybe not that bad.
There is still 4 40' open coal hoppers to build. These are completely naked so I can do anything with that suits my fancy.
I could try to do some "Palmer Valley Railroad" thing with them but I don't really know anything doing that sort of thing.

Actually, I have some electrical stuff I can experiment with. I picked up rather small SPDT switches I may use on the next control panel.
Suppose I'll do some experimentations with that stuff.
E

When I lived in the Appalachian mountains I always wanted to get Davis station.
The spousal unit didn't see the worth.
Then we got slammed with 22" of a "light dusting" as the local weatherman said.
She then saw the worth/need but then I didn't have the money. Maybe if she would quit smokin' that sh....t we could have afforded it.

Gene - I had looked at that brand and a couple of others, but would have a hard time trying to mount it plus from what I could understand about the stations, the temp sending unit was on the mast also which would most likely be in the sun, possibly giving an incorrect temp reading. With some of the winds we get up here I would like to be able to measure the wind speed. In the winter, we can really get some good storms and the winds coming out of the mountains to the south of us can be wicked.

Also, I guess I am a sucker --- for a Tucker. Saw it first on MB Klein, but it was a bit too expensive. Checked out the American Excellence web site and they were having a Memorial Day dale an it was being offered for twelve bucks.

IMAG1202.jpg IMAG1204.jpg IMAG1205.jpg

Being a car nut, I have always liked the Tucker. The movie was great also. I have seen a couple in person in Museums and am just very fond of them. They were quite an innovative car for their time.

Chet..the ideal is to mount it away from buildings at least 15ft above ground on a post....I was forced to mount it on my roof which does impact the wind speed and direction readings a bit, temperature seems to be accurate within 1-3 degrees. Whats really cool is I also got 2 sensors so can tell what the temperature and humidity are in two seperate locations in the house or in shady areas outside. Plus its a personal station hooked into the Wunderground system

Chet I have the same brand weather station, but a different model, it works great and I have yet to have to replace the batteries in either the outside sensor or the display. It's 86 with 61% humidity in southeast Baltimore as I type this.

I love this car, I want one! What are the vents on the rear quarter fender for?
attachment.php

Boris the bats are still hot, but Ubaldo put us too far behind, again. it's either good Ubaldo or bad, mostly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back